itunes is hell. anybody have a better hack?

newholland

• Members

Windows users have such hate for Apple they refuse to even try to learn a really simple piece of software. Come the {censored} on now.

Why learn when Windows puts everything right there for you so you don't have to read a {censored}ing book to be able to use the program.

• Members

Windows users have such hate for Apple they refuse to even try to learn a really simple piece of software. Come the {censored} on now.

nah-- i don't hate apple at all. i LOVE the device itself-- it's just a shame that they basically funnel all your music through a proprietary program that works best through their own retail outlet.

it's not that i won't use the program-- it's that the program is kinda intrusive to the way i've used every other music device with my computer-- and i'm definitely not the first to run headlong into that. its kinda a disjunction 'cause the itouch is such a great piece o' gear-- you'd think it'd have a little more graceful way of negotiating loading it- and i'm not sure it's legit to load itunes on my work machine either. great thing bout other systems is that you just open it like a disk drive and stuff it full and roll. no dice with ipods- and that's a bit of a trick when you use multiple machines to load it. i dunno if ipod classics are different.

sheeit.. i could care less who makes a machine as long as it works well-- this player does, for sure.. but itunes.. i ain't sold yet.

• Members

shea - I loved iTunes for Apple. I hate it for Windows. It's like a totally different program with the same interface. Opening it takes 10 minutes, and you better hope you don't accidentally click on something while it loads!

seriously, iTunes for Windows is throttled back. Dont' know how or why, but it's entirely different.

• Members

I just spent 3 hours updating iTunes and getting it to recognize the proper library. Still in all the bull{censored}ting around I lost the entire catalog on the iPod. Don't know why, it was set to manually manage the sync and nothing was ticked. It crashed during operations and had to be restarted.

Every time I have used it to update my iPad software it has been a massive headache. My least favorite piece of software!

Archived