One dirt tone for entire gig?

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What's with the "I'm the big {censored}" attitude in all your posts? Are you unable to answer a question without saying how badass you (think) you are?

Speaking of songs being the most important, I don't think you ever posted a single song here, just a bunch of videos of bedroom shredding, which of course, most 15 years old on youtube can also do.

Anyway, tone it down a bit... it's {censored}ing annoying, dude

No attitude, just qualifying my opinion.

I've got an album coming out soon. You can judge me all you like then.

I don't think I've ever said I am a big shot engineer or bragged about my musical ability.

I say I enjoy my job. That's about it.

I rarely post about anything other than gear, and I don't constantly self promote on here either.

I don't post many clips, cos there's not really any point.

I don't have a list of equipment in my sig either.

I do have opinions on lots of amps, some are negative. But the negative ones are all from experience, not just from something I've read. I record a lot of them, have used a lot of them, gigged a lot of them.

Lastly. It's an Internet forum. Chill the {censored} out bro. :idea:

• Members

i plug straight into the amp and use my volume knob for cleans. the only changing up i do is changing the pickup selector switch and hitting the lead channel for solos.

This pretty much nails it...

I wonder how many guitarists in the 60's and 70's wondered whether their OD sounds were too same-ish...

Good tone is good tone...

Use the tone knob on the guitar or a Wah to shape the OD a little too!

• Members

No attitude, just qualifying my opinion.

I don't think I've ever said I am a big shot engineer or bragged about my musical ability.

I say I enjoy my job. That's about it.

I rarely post about anything other than gear, and I don't constantly self promote on here either.

I don't have a list of equipment in my sig either.

I do have opinions on lots of amps, some are negative. But the negative ones are all from experience, not just from something I've read. I record a lot of them, have used a lot of them, gigged a lot of them.

Lastly. It's an Internet forum. Chill the {censored} out bro.
:idea:

wow!!!! That's a cool song you just posted!!! Killer songwriting dude!!! So dynamic!! All that with the volume knob and pick attack???? WHOA!!!! GTFO!!! Really??? I'm impressed!!!! You sir, are QUALIFIED!!! {censored} man, sorry for even saying that you......

Oh wait. You didn't post {censored}. You are just running your mouth again with absolutely nothing to show for. Kinda like Mave on the pics thread.. you know, calling everybody ugly while not posting a single pic of himself.

But hey, looking forward for more of your bedroom shredding and more pics of your squeaky clean gear on your fluffy beige carpet :love:

• Members

You do this any time someone calls you out. You play dumb and claim you "just post about gear" when almost everything that comes from you is self-adulation. But hey...you draw lots of people at the music store.

If I had a dime for everytime I heard "I've got an album coming out soon"...lol!

• Members

You do this any time someone calls you out. You play dumb and claim you "just post about gear" when almost everything that comes from you is self-adulation. But hey...you draw lots of people at the music store.

If I had a dime for everytime I heard "I've got an album coming out soon"...lol!

yep, the proper answer would be "hey man, here's my band page, check it out" .. simple huh?

Instead I get 10000 lines of ramblings and "wait for my album" LMAO

• Members
And he's played 500+ gigs without managing to have a single clip of any of them.

he has posted some pics of himself playing live. I'd guess he's at the very least not stretching the truth too far. I dunno, I cut him some slack because I'm kind of an ahole myself. in that blunt but still cheerful way :lol:

• Members

yep, the proper answer would be "hey man, here's my band page, check it out" .. simple huh?

Instead I get 10000 lines of ramblings and "wait for my album" LMAO

Bedroom shredding?

My gear isn't squeaky clean either. :idk:

Both my PRS's have patches of bare wood on the back and both are beat to {censored}. Must be my bedroom shredding obviously.

I have got an album coming out. It's taking a while. I'm fitting in the recording around work. Can't help it. I have bass and vocals left to do. I've got all the guitars and drums down for 11 tracks. :idk:

People have heard bits and bobs of it so...

I'm not posting up

My Facebook band page cos all that's likely is a load of abuse. I have no tunes up at the minute aside from a couple of early demos on MySpace.

I don't want to promote it till its done.

I don't bother posting anything, purely because my stuff is not metal. It's just rock stuff. And the majority here listen to brutulz. And I'm fairly certain no one wants to listen to my drums and guitar mixes of any of my original material. But whatever.

When it's done which is hopefully going to be this month or next depending on work, then I'll post it up and you can say what the {censored} you like about it and I won't give two {censored}s honestly. I'm proud of it, and it's something I've always wanted to do.

I'm quietly confident that enough people will like it. If I sell a few copies or downloads then even better. If not, no worries, I'll still be really pleased with it. :idea:

• Members
i think its lazy. mix it up, get a few different boosts/ods/dirts/fuzzes and combine them with each other and/or the different channels on your amp.

Agreed.
I really like the mix feature on the LS-2. You can really personalize your tone when you mix drive pedals together in parallel. And If you switch one pedal off in mix mode, you'll get a clean signal mixing in with the other active pedal, which gives you more definition. But I wish the LS-2 had a setting where you can run the fx loops in series, just for a bit more versatility.

pedals.jpg

• Members

And he's played 500+ gigs without managing to have a single clip of any of them.

[video=youtube;R7YYreYX-aw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7YYreYX-aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fxtq6p9EZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbRw1lbq2MU

I get why you guys dislike his personality, but I'm of the firm belief that he can back up what he says. :thu:

• Members

I've got vids of me playing live on YouTube.

I've learnt through the misfortune of others that it's a {censored}ing stupid idea to put too much personal information on this site.

Why do I need to post pics and stuff?

Some forumites feel the need to be constantly told about how good their band are or how their riffs are or whatever, but I don't think I've ever been so needy to be honest...

• Members

It doesn't require any songwriting skills...which is the big thing he was touting...SONGS...remember?

You still have to learn how a cover song is written and structured to play it well, especially as far as dynamics go, which is exactly what he was talking about. It doesn't make a difference whether it's an original song or not. If you learn(/write) the notes and nothing else, you'll still sound like {censored}.

But the proof is definitely out there that he can play and does understand the crafting that goes into playing a song well and making it sound good, so I don't see why "wait for my album" is such an enraging response. No one wants to rush their work.

• Members

It doesn't require any songwriting skills...which is the big thing he was touting...SONGS...remember?

:facepalm:

Fine.

www.myspace.com/TheSilencedUK

Rip my demos to pieces man.

:thu:

They're pretty un representative of the sound of the album, as these sound pretty {censored}, but....

Y'know what?

{censored} it, I'm not too worried. Slag them off.

I already know these aren't great! :idea: so you're not telling me anything that hasn't been already thought about and rectified by myself on the finished versions.

These two were written a couple of years back anyway....

Archived