The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Members
Wow what a bull{censored} penalty that was.

edit: Wow and they wouldn't have been able to score that {censored}ing goal without it! I wonder how many more falls the Canucks will fake by the end of the night.

This is why they are one of the most hated and least respected teams in the league

2 many pussies with not enough pride on that roster, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu them

:cop:

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why they are one of the most hated and least respected teams in the league

2 many pussies with not enough pride on that roster, Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu them

:cop:

I agree that they're pussies (95%) there's some pride but I'd agree partially with that comment as well. they're a different team with Schneider in net, more confident. that third goal with two blind backhand passes was a work of art, LA may be in for a surprise, they just don't have the depth to bitchslap the talent the Canucks have. the 3 game cushion mught be enough to pull it off though. if the Canucks had Schneider in net for the whole series they wouldn't be down 3 games, Luongos time as a Canuck is done, hurray.

edit: haha Nolan, what a {censored}ing idiot

• Members
Weird night - Ottawa won, Pittsburgh won, Vancouver won.
:lol:
:lol:

in the case of Pittsburgh and Vancouver, what's weird is that they lost the first three games because they're far better teams than the ones they're playing. I really like the way Ottawa rallied and slapped around that bitch Boyle, I wish the Canucks had their character.

• Members

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Pens are far better than the Flyers

Over the past two seasons the Flyers have handled the Pens quite well and it isn't as though the two teams played vastly different competition over the course of the season...they played similar schedules and ended up quite close in the standings.

The entire Pens/Flyers series has been an anomaly in terms of game play and score. Defense and goal-tending on both sides has been atrocious. The focus has clearly been on "run and gun" and pummeling the opposition - entertaining but it probably won't win you many games after round 1.

I can't say much about Vancouver when it comes to diving/whining/cheap play...but the Pens certainly get away with their fair share of BS and it would appear to many at times as if the league coddled them...it is what it is...

I'm enjoying seeing Ottawa competing with NYR and hope the Caps can drag out the series with the Bruins. Outside of Ottawa, Florida has surprised me with their ability to fight back...

• Members

I agree that they're pussies (95%) there's
some
pride but I'd agree partially with that comment as well. they're a different team with Schneider in net, more confident. that third goal with two blind backhand passes was a work of art, LA may be in for a surprise, they just don't have the depth to bitchslap the talent the Canucks have. the 3 game cushion mught be enough to pull it off though. if the Canucks had Schneider in net for the whole series they wouldn't be down 3 games, Luongos time as a Canuck is done, hurray.

edit: haha Nolan, what a {censored}ing idiot

I hope Burke doesn't try to snag Luongo for the Leafs. We already have enough shakey goaltenders.

• Members

I wouldn't go so far as to say the Pens are far better than the Flyers

Over the past two seasons the Flyers have handled the Pens quite well and it isn't as though the two teams played vastly different competition over the course of the season...they played similar schedules and
ended up quite close in the standings.

The entire Pens/Flyers series has been an anomaly in terms of game play and score. Defense and goal-tending on both sides has been atrocious. The focus has clearly been on "run and gun" and pummeling the opposition - entertaining but it probably won't win you many games after round 1.

I can't say much about Vancouver when it comes to diving/whining/cheap play...but the Pens certainly get away with their fair share of BS and it would appear to many at times as if the league coddled them...it is what it is...

I'm enjoying seeing Ottawa competing with NYR and hope the Caps can drag out the series with the Bruins. Outside of Ottawa, Florida has surprised me with their ability to fight back...

Pens are 1st seed, Flyers 4th or 5th, not that that matters. when's the last time the Flyers beat the Pens 10-3 in the playoffs? the Flyers have a lot of talent no question but if Fleury gets his {censored} together the Flyers might be in trouble.

• Members

Pens are 1st seed, Flyers 4th or 5th, not that that matters. when's the last time the Flyers beat the Pens 10-3 in the playoffs? the Flyers have a lot of talent no question but if Fleury gets his {censored} together the Flyers might be in trouble.

If the Pens are first seed...why are they playing the 5th seeded Flyers? The teams finished 4 and 5 in the conference...

Fair enough the Flyers didn't beat them 10-3...but beat them 8-5 and 8-4...

If Bryz had his {censored} together the Pens would've been golfing today...

• Members

If the Pens are first seed...why are they playing the 5th seeded Flyers? The teams finished 4 and 5 in the conference...

Your avatar. I want it.

• Members

you're right, I was wrong, I had them mixed up with the Rangers. I'll also agree with you that they're not "far better" because the Flyers have a lot of talent. I do believe though that Fleury is a better goalie that Bryzgalov and has proven it, he's having a bad series so far though.

• Members
yeah they're doing well. is this their last year in Phoenix, seems to be the rumour

:idk: There's not much news about it locally, the news outlets have been saying that for 3 years now, spinning their wheels. Last I heard, Jeremy Roenick was part of a purchase group that was interested.

• Members

:idk:
There's not much news about it locally, the news outlets have been saying that for 3 years now, spinning their wheels. Last I heard, Jeremy Roenick was part of a purchase group that was interested.

it gets talked about a lot in hockey markets, it doesn't look good for Phoenix from the sounds of it, the city doesn't want to cough up 25m again.

Archived