The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack Edwards is pure comedy gold. (We even make fun of here in Boston)

The Canucks admit it?? I haven't seen them admit anything.

don't you have cars to burn or some stores to loot or something? they lost game one, I've got my eyes on the news waiting for the next riot to start.

I can't believe we have to listen to this {censored}....................................again

you can't accept the truth or reality, and gtfo if you can't handle the heat, pull a Lucic

• Members

Oh ok. I thought maybe you meant he should go point to where his name is ENGRAVED ON THE STANLEY CUP.

yeah he's got his name on the cup but that doesn't change the fact that he's a spot picker and giant {censored} for a player his size, that will also be his legacy.

• Members

John Stewart laying it down for all to see, god I love that guy.

Lulz. That isn't actually a Jon Stewart vid. It is just, and obviously, edited together from actual Stewart political commentary. That people believe it is real, is properly hilarious.

• Members
you have to admit that it's well done and extremely accurate

Well done, anyhow. :lol:

Your fandom definitely clouds your partiality though, like, to the degree of a ridiculous caricature of a sports fan. I know that is what a lot of folks actually like about sports, but personally, i am more interested in the actual game, than half-blind fan hysteria.

Anyhow, to say that one incident from one game at least three years ago is going to "obviously" proves that Lucic "is a {censored}" is also hilarious. For someone who professes to be such a fan of hockey, that crappy vid is all you could find to support it? The fact is, that ALL fighters choose their fights, most of the time, especially in situations like that example.

And anyhow, that you would be hard pressed to find too many people who consider Lucic to be generally unwilling to fight. :lol: Mother{censored}er only has fewer penalty minutes than the team's ACTUAL fighter/enforcer, and only short by about 20 minutes at that. If anything, for a first line forward, he probably fights too MUCH. Five minutes is a long time for a first liner to be off the ice. Obviously, this is also why Laraque wanted to go so badly... :)

• Members

Anyhow, on the actual subject of this year's hockey playoffs. I would love to see the Bruins repeat, as i generally like the way they play, when they are working hard and keeping it clean(which contrary to hysterical opposing fan claims, is more of the time than not). But the crowd of teams in contention is pretty solid this year, so who knows how everything will shake out. I would just as happily see the Rangers or Kings do it. There are a lot of teams playing good hard hockey.

Until the Canucks and Penguins lose the diving as an integral part of their strategy for winning games, i won't be able to enjoy watching either team. Which is a shame, because both teams have some good players on them. I hate seeing a guy like Kesler playing the embellishment game though. When he is playing right, he is {censored}ing great and has the hustle and skill. Even all {censored}ed up like he was last year, he was one of the few Canucks who showed up for the finals. When he is playing the wrong way, just trying to draw a man advantage so his team can actually compete in a game, it is just sad to see.

In the end, i just want to see some good hockey go down though. When played well/right, it is absolutely the only sport i can really enjoy. :idk:

• Members

Well done, anyhow.
:lol:

Your fandom definitely clouds your partiality though, like, to the degree of a ridiculous caricature of a sports fan. I know that is what a lot of folks actually like about sports, but personally, i am more interested in the actual game, than half-blind fan hysteria.

Anyhow, to say that one incident from one game at least three years ago is going to "obviously" proves that Lucic "is a {censored}" is also hilarious. For someone who professes to be such a fan of hockey, that crappy vid is all you could find to support it? The fact is, that ALL fighters choose their fights, most of the time, especially in situations like that example.

And anyhow, that you would be hard pressed to find too many people who consider Lucic to be generally unwilling to fight.
Mother{censored}er only has fewer penalty minutes than the team's ACTUAL fighter/enforcer, and only short by about 20 minutes at that. If anything, for a first line forward, he probably fights too MUCH. Five minutes is a long time for a first liner to be off the ice. Obviously, this is also why Laraque wanted to go so badly...
:)

you're going to lecture me on fan bias, that's amusing given your location. I'm first and foremost a Habs fan, and as a child the Bruins, believe it or not, were my other favourite team. Orr, Jonathan, Gilbert, O'Reilly etc. legendary team that I loved. I've lived in Vancouver most of my life so I cheer them on, they don't play my style though, neither does the current Bruins. I have a lot of respect for Thornton, some for Chara, zero for Marchand and negative for Lucic.

the Lucy clip from three years ago can't be erased, sorry. these things define players and their careers (Claude Lemieux anyone?). you're little Boston homerism would like it to just go away, well sorry, outside Boston, it ain't going away.

the Bruins are an extremely dirty, cheap, douchey, finger biting and diving team. watch the vids, they don't lie.

the Canucks fit the same description btw.

anyway this back and forth is getting old and played out

go nucks

• Members

Yup. I don't think Weber is worried about staying out of anybody's way, more the other way around, he is a nasty piece of work - just like we like 'em! With the Big Nasty (Pronger) out this year, it's up to Shea to pick up the reins - something I am sure he is more than happy to do.

There aren't too many people that I've never met that I have actual enmity for. Pronger is one. GAWD he's such a piece of {censored}ing {censored}. {censored}ing thug.I hope he has to retire this summer and his wife is caught {censored}ing Danny Briere.

• Members
you're going to lecture me on fan bias, that's amusing given your location. I'm first and foremost a Habs fan (most successful sports franchise in history-any sport), and as a child the Bruins, believe it or not, were my other favourite team. Orr, Jonathan, Gilbert, O'Reilly etc. legendary team that I loved. I've lived in Vancouver most of my life so I cheer them on, they don't play my style though, neither does the current Bruins. I have a lot of respect for Thornton, some for Chara, zero for Marchand and negative for Lucic.

the Lucy clip from three years ago can't be erased, sorry. these things define players and their careers (Claude Lemieux anyone?). you're little Boston homerism would like it to just go away, well sorry, outside Boston, it ain't going away.

the Bruins are an extremely dirty, cheap, douchey, finger biting and diving team. watch the vids, they don't lie.

the Canucks fit the same description btw.

anyway this back and forth is getting old and played out

go nucks

That was no lecture, and you are definitely barking up the wrong tree trying to label me with homerism. :idk: I enjoy watching any team that is playing right, and playing well. I just like hockey.

Also: i quite clearly remember your avatar and posts from last year. :cop:

Also also, the Habs are a fine team too. Carey Price is great. Hell, Puliot has been fantastic for the Bs this year, and largely because of what he brought from Montreal. I know it is supposed to be a great BOS/MTL rivalry/war thing, but when they are both playing right, i don't give a {censored}.

The Bruins themselves are interesting. Their style is obviously big, heavy, defense, four dangerous lines, and a pile of crazy goalies. They aren't known for having top end "skill" players, but they kind of quietly do anyhow. To me, they are a well balanced team. No "stars" but kind of a consistent high level of competitive team players. I just like that as a team structure.

As to the "they dive too" element, well, it sucks but it is true that all teams do it here and there. I am not saying that they don't. The difference, as i see it, is that the Bruins don't have their game plan drawn out around trying to draw penalties. Actually, they so completely don't do it that way, that their power play kind of sucks. :lol:

In contrast, a team like Vancouver, when the puck isn't going in 5-on-5, they clearly turn on that switch and start lobbying with the refs for the man advantage. The Penguins kind of consistently lean towards the same thing. Some will just say that is gamesmanship, and a part of hockey, but i personally consider it a lousy part of it. I would love to see more diving penalties called, it is too bad it is such a difficult thing to get right in real time on the ice. It was interesting to see that "gamesmanship" backfire on the Canucks in the LA game though. They lobby for tighter-called playoff games, and then they got one, first time out.

Myself, i simply prefer to watch two teams go at it full strength and play the game, not the refs. I thought the Caps/Bs game was actually pretty good for that. They called some {censored}, they let some {censored} go. No real cheapshots, but lots of hard hits. It just looked like two teams who respected each other, battling out and trying to win a hockey game. I hope the rest of the series has as good a balance. :idk:

• Members
That was no lecture, and you are definitely barking up the wrong tree trying to label me with homerism.
:idk:
I enjoy watching any team that is playing right, and playing well. I just like hockey.

Also: i quite clearly remember your avatar and posts from last year.
:cop:

Also also, the Habs are a fine team too. Carey Price is great. Hell, Puliot has been fantastic for the Bs this year, and largely because of what he brought from Montreal. I know it is supposed to be a great BOS/MTL rivalry/war thing, but when they are both playing right, i don't give a {censored}.

The Bruins themselves are interesting. Their style is obviously big, heavy, defense, four dangerous lines, and a pile of crazy goalies. They aren't known for having top end "skill" players, but they kind of quietly do anyhow. To me, they are a well balanced team. No "stars" but kind of a consistent high level of competitive team players. I just like that as a team structure.

As to the "they dive too" element, well, it sucks but it is true that all teams do it here and there. I am not saying that they don't. The difference, as i see it, is that the Bruins don't have their game plan drawn out around trying to draw penalties. Actually, they so completely don't do it that way, that their power play kind of sucks.

In contrast, a team like Vancouver, when the puck isn't going in 5-on-5, they clearly turn on that switch and start lobbying with the refs for the man advantage. The Penguins kind of consistently lean towards the same thing. Some will just say that is gamesmanship, and a part of hockey, but i personally consider it a lousy part of it. I would love to see more diving penalties called, it is too bad it is such a difficult thing to get right in real time on the ice. It was interesting to see that "gamesmanship" backfire on the Canucks in the LA game though. They lobby for tighter-called playoff games, and then they got one, first time out.

Myself, i simply prefer to watch two teams go at it full strength and play the game, not the refs. I thought the Caps/Bs game was actually pretty good for that. They called some {censored}, they let some {censored} go. No real cheapshots, but lots of hard hits. It just looked like two teams who respected each other, battling out and trying to win a hockey game. I hope the rest of the series has as good a balance.
:idk:

good post, I got a little carried away last year, but that's what I loved about playing hockey and watching hockey, it makes my blood boil and it's basically war.
I agree on the diving thing, I hate it and thankfully you don't see it much. the honour and self policing has left the game, for various reasons. I really don't like the direction the league is heading in and each year I care a little less. the agenda of the commissioner is to "sell" the game in the US, get teams in as many markets as possible, shove it down the throat of people who have no interest at all in the game, while ignoring the Canadian market begging for franchises. anyway I'll try my best not to derail the thread with my bHz and focus on legit discussion. it's just getting started and who knows what'll happen.

• Members

The Habs are turning into a bunch of {censored}ing euro "divers-actors" {censored} em with a BIG STICK! Although they added some "grit" on the roster later in the year, they still are a bytch team and spoiled fans. F EM!

I respect the way the Bruins play (would love to have Lucic on my team) they are a gritty team -- Im not a Nucks fan but they "tried" to address the toughness roster issues a lil bit, they still need more but at least they tried to address it a lil bit but i smell alot of 'whaaaambulance/complaining' on the nucks sorta like the Penguins of the west imo

A Rags-Devs series (if it happens) would be {censored}ING INTENSE imo, those 2 teams dont like each other at all and have played some real intense/physical games, gotta love that. Im a BIG FAN of physical hard nose hockey, not ice capades

:cop:

• Members
As an aside I'd like to point out that 90% of the posts in this thread are by Canadians

I recognized that straight off the top.. But that's really nothing new.. But have all you guys played organized hockey too? I figure it's a Canadians birth mandatory! Lol'. I played from mite thru end of high school.. I still play in the adult leagues at night. It's just a great game.. You prolly heard when the Hawks won, there was over 2 million people who packed the streets for their parade and celebration... Not saying they were all fans, but there is a pretty big hockey contingent in the US. The rink I play at is literally packed from Mon thru Sunday with adult leagues..And the leagues for kids seem to get bigger and bigger every year..

• Members
did they get him? Or was it some lame off setting minor bull{censored}?

I recognized that straight off the top.. But that's really nothing new.. But have all you guys played organized hockey too? I figure it's a Canadians birth mandatory! Lol'. I played from mite thru end of high school.. I still play in the adult leagues at night. It's just a great game.. You prolly heard when the Hawks won, there was over 2 million people who packed the streets for their parade and celebration... Not saying they were all fans, but there is a pretty big hockey contingent in the US. The rink I play at is literally packed from Mon thru Sunday with adult leagues..And the leagues for kids seem to get bigger and bigger every year..

I started playing at age 4, played JR.A/Major JR at 15 to 20 years old. I got invited to the Canadian Olympic Team tryouts at 16 and played international games against USA, Russia, Czekoslovakia, Sweden, went as far as you can go except for the NHL. I have friends and former teamates who "made it". I don't play anymore though, I tried adult league but didn't like it very much. there's a massive adult league in this city, 10 divisions, div. 1 is pretty good. I live about 5 miles from a complex that has 8 rinks in it and is packed year round, I go there to the pub for drinks :D. I'm a golf junkie now and focus solely on that.
the US has come a long way in hockey, there's more quality players and goalies coming from the US than ever before and they've replaced Russia as Canadas biggest rival. the large hockey markets in the states have always been solid, it's never going to catch on in the southern non-hockey places, I don't know why they bother trying.

• Members

Bertuzzi fought him in the opening minutes. I've actually never played hockey. Bly only memory is getting nailed in the balls point-blank in floor hockey in gym class.

Growing up neither of my parents were much interested in hockey so neither was I growing up. The crapper of a team we've had in toronto ad of late hasnt helped either It wasn't until the Olympics that I really started watching the games. Now I'm hooked.

Archived