The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Members

Damn, 'Yotes denied a chance to move on by losing in OT! BUT theres a chance they'll stay in AZ!!

Good news, despite the loss!

If that guy is also involved with the Sharks, makes you wonder who corporate is going to cheer for when they meet in the playoffs. :lol: I don't know how i feel about one entity owning more than one team.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I should read more up on the subject for recent news, but for what I have read, it doesn't make business sense to keep them there. I know there has been talk of getting them to the greater Toronto area(was it Hamilton?) and concern was expressed for having another team too close too Toronto.

I still believe that they should reform the Nordiques.

The NHL must want to keep them here. :idk: Since the start of the Gretzky debacle, all we've heard here is "Coyotes are moving", "Coyotes looking for a new buyer" etc,...I think over the years I've just tuned them out. It didn't help that they were a {censored}ty team either...

I hope they stay! Of all the sports around here, I've attended more Coyotes games! The pace of the game is just so much faster than others!

• Members

Are you serious, they managed to keep that team there?

Jesus Christ, I don't care WHERE they relocate to, just... out of Arizona, for {censored}s sake.

Indeed man. Indeed. That team should be in Hamilton...actually Pittsburgh should have been there but, that's going back past most people's short-term memory so best to leave it alone.

• Members

Indeed man. Indeed. That team should be in Hamilton...actually Pittsburgh should have been there but, that's going back past most people's short-term memory so best to leave it alone.

If Regina can support the CFL to the tunbe of 25,000+ a game, there's no reason they can't have the NHL.

• Members

If Regina can support the CFL to the tunbe of 25,000+ a game, there's no reason they can't have the NHL.

No NHL sized arena for one... the Pats play in a 6000 seater.

Nice snipe by Stoll tonight to put away the canuckleheads :)

• Members

After the way that city reacts after losses, I want them to never win and for Montreal to never win again.

I'm not sure, but I think he meant 'if Regina can do the CFL then Hamilton can do the NHL'.

I checked earlier out of curiosity and Hamilton's arena, Copps Coliseum, can seat ~19 000, so that could actually work. I still have no clue how they'd manage the traffic though.

• Members

After the way that city reacts after losses, I want them to never win and for Montreal to never win again.

I'm not sure, but I think he meant 'if Regina can do the CFL then Hamilton can do the NHL'.

o rly? then I want Ottawa to stop the transfer payments to your eternal "have not" province.

• Members

No, I meant Regina. They can build a barn. It's beyond asinine that a city the size of Regina has no NHL-sized rink/team yet COLUMBUS OHIO does.

OK, actually I just checked. Regina's way smaller than I thought.

• Members

No, I meant Regina. They can build a barn. It's beyond asinine that a city the size of Regina has no NHL-sized rink/team yet COLUMBUS OHIO does.

OK, actually I just checked. Regina's way smaller than I thought.

Wow, I didn't think Regina was that small. Saskatoon isn't even 1/4 million people. I wonder who decides whether a location is financially viable. Saint Paul Minnesota isn't more than 300k people.

• Members

The Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon is a 14K seater... that's closer. About the same size as the MTS Centre I think in Winnipeg.

As for size... Calgary and Edmonton were about that size (250K) when the Flames & Oilers came to Alberta in the late 70s.

• Members

Ottawa really fell apart after that first Rangers goal. And that last goal. :freak:

Judging by the way he reacted on the bench with the trainer afterwards, pretty sure Callahan broke a finger on his left hand blocking a shot.

• Members

Game 7 here we come :eek:

BTW I want Chris Neil on my hockey team ANYDAY of the week!! The guy epitomizes a tough and gritty player who can play in 1 package, damn he had a GREAT game, i would take 5 more of his exact types on my roster, a helluva player for sure

:thu:

• Members

Wow, I didn't think Regina was that small. Saskatoon isn't even 1/4 million people. I wonder who decides whether a location is financially viable.
Saint Paul Minnesota isn't more than 300k people

300K is probably the "city proper" population of the downtown core, it's surrounding population of the Twin Cities is over 3 million, big difference.

• Members

Game 7 here we come
:eek:

BTW I want Chris Neil on my hockey team ANYDAY of the week!! The guy epitomizes a tough and gritty player who can play in 1 package, damn he had a GREAT game, i would take 5 more of his exact types on my roster, a helluva player for sure

:thu:

yeah, bigtime Chris Neil fan here, he's fought everyone and he's not a huge guy. the {censored} Canucks could use a few guys like him.

Archived