The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think people should be bitching about Shanahan's inconsistency. No two hits are the same, so they're looked at and evaluated on a case by case basis.

Was he made an example of? Yes. Did he deserve exactly what he got? I think so. He's delivered a very similar hit in the past and obviously didn't learn.

• Members

I don't think people should be bitching about Shanahan's inconsistency. No two hits are the same, so they're looked at and evaluated on a case by case basis.

Was he made an example of? Yes. Did he deserve exactly what he got? I think so. He's delivered a very similar hit in the past and obviously didn't learn.

I think they could have given him even more, honestly. 25 is a good start though.

As to the inconsistency in the rulings, i think that the complaint is valid. Really, the only reason that Shanahan/NHL could get away with giving out an actually fair ruling on the Torres situation, was that he is not really a high profile "star". To me the question of whether or not a player is a star or a huge necessary piece of a team's lineup, should not even come into the consideration.

If the discipline system worked correctly, it would be solely based on action, intention, and history. And pretty much nothing else. :idk:

• Members

Ottawa seems to have this ability to get outplayed and still come away with a win.

I dunno...except for the last ten minutes and a few other moments of tonight's game, I thought they completely outplayed New York. :idk: Great penalty kill, more scoring chances. Power play was dreadful though.

• Members

I dunno...except for the last ten minutes and a few other moments of tonight's game, I thought they completely outplayed New York.
:idk:
Great penalty kill, more scoring chances. Power play was dreadful though.

Still though, in terms of shots and zone time, the Rangers seemed to have the edge, especially in the third. Anderson was unreal though.

It seemed like Karlsson had a really quiet night though. I hardly heard his name.

I couldn't help but feel like they all dreaded going on the powerplay given how horrendous it was in that game.

• Members

Still though, in terms of shots and zone time, the Rangers seemed to have the ends, especially in the third. Anderson was unreal though.

It seemed like Karlsson had a really quiet night though. I hardly heard his name.

I couldn't help but feel like they all dreaded going on the powerplay given how horrendous it was in that game.

Agreed on everything.

• Members

Damn, 'Yotes denied a chance to move on by losing in OT! BUT theres a chance they'll stay in AZ!!

I should read more up on the subject for recent news, but for what I have read, it doesn't make business sense to keep them there. I know there has been talk of getting them to the greater Toronto area(was it Hamilton?) and concern was expressed for having another team too close too Toronto.

I still believe that they should reform the Nordiques.

• Members

I should read more up on the subject for recent news, but for what I have read, it doesn't make business sense to keep them there. I know there has been talk of getting them to the greater Toronto area(was it Hamilton?) and concern was expressed for having another team too close too Toronto.

I still believe that they should reform the Nordiques.

Yeah, another GTA team would be pretty weird (plus it may draw from Buffalo too). Hamilton has decent arena, but (having only driven past it) it didn't look big enough and the kind of crowd size that an NHL game would bring simply wouldn't work in their downtown area...not enough space. The GO train does go to Hamilton though, so that could free up the roads a bit.

Archived