The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Members
I have zero hopes for the Caps this year. Even though this is their first entrance to the playoffs where they had to scrap and fight to make it so maybe that's a good thing. They've been playing like a playoff team the last 5-6 games so who knows. I just have no hope, spoken like a true DC sports fan...

Not letting them break my heart again this year...not even watching until they make the final. So I guess I'm not watching at all. :)

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

7) Can't believe Pittsburg will idle for 2 periods again like they did there. Yes, Philly won, but Malkin was not engaged and the whole team fell asleep, that won't happen again. Only a matter of time before Philly implodes. Too bad because I like a lot of their players - Briere and Hartnell always bring it, and giroux is great. Defense and (surprise!) goaltending is suspect. Pittsburg can play a lot better, and for 60 minutes,
but I don't think the flyers can bring it up much more than they are currently playing.

Does (2) hat tricks count as 'bring it up'?

Go Flyers!!!!

• Members

no playoff game is complete without Luongo sowehow putting the puck into his own net , Quick is schooling him hard.

I may be basing my judgment on Quick from the 4 games he looked unbeatable against the Hawks this year and his stats, but that dudE looks like he is the real deal.. From purely my view from who the Hawks played this year Quick and Mike Smith are really good goaltenders and can easily take their teams a long way.. I really don't have a good feeling for the Hawks to get by Phoenix, tbh.

• Members

I may be basing my judgment on Quick from the 4 games he looked unbeatable against the Hawks this year and his stats, but that dudE looks like he is the real deal.. From purely my view from who the Hawks played this year Quick and Mike Smith are really good goaltenders and can easily take their teams a long way.. I really don't have a good feeling for the Hawks to get by Phoenix, tbh.

Yeah they have been pretty inconsistent since the new year, any team in that conference would have their way with the Hawks I am afraid.

• Members

you're little Boston homerism would like it to just go away, well sorry, outside Boston, it ain't going away.

Ain't going away overseas either. Boston is probably the only team I seriously dislike and Marchand deserves a concussion treatment.

• Members
As an aside I'd like to point out that 90% of the posts in this thread are by Canadians
:lol:

Naturally, of course. I watch so much hockey that I'd fit in pretty well up north. You're so lucky you don't have to watch games on NBC... Doc, Pierre, Mike Milbury.... puke :facepalm: I have to jump through some hoops to get a stream for the HNIC broadcast.

I'm hoping the Pens show up to play hockey tomorrow instead of a circus sideshow. This pretty much sums up the 1st 2 games of the series:

MrPoppersPenguins_3.jpg

• Members

Wow we had some emotional playoff hockey last night and thats what makes this game so awesome

The Rags - Sens game was great (intense whole game) the Bruins double OT game and the Blues sharks game got emotional as well at the end - thats playoff hockey that people want to see

:thu:

• Members

Come on, no mention of the 2nd straight last second Hawks goal to send to overtime? That was a great game.. And I'm officially done saying Mike Smith is a good goalie after him acting like he was shot in the face! That was unreal..{censored}ing bitch..

• Members

Come on, no mention of the 2nd straight last second Hawks goal to send to overtime? That was a great game.. And I'm officially done saying Mike Smith is a good goalie after him acting like he was shot in the face! That was unreal..{censored}ing bitch..

Fkn DejaVu, I thought it was a great game! They got lucky, game 3's gonna be another exciting one! C'mon, one more time...how awesome is Mike Smith? :poke:

Archived