The official HCAF NHL playoffs thread...

Zeppelin Rules

• Members

Boston/Washington looks to have been pretty physical.. I wish someone would just light up Chara one of these days.. Like really send that {censored}er airborne..

I've been screaming that the whole game, I just want to seem him hit the glass so hard TD goes silent.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah undisciplined by Weber for sure, but it was in immediate retaliation for Zetterberg slashing him on the knee, which is in and of itself a pretty douche bag move.

Plus, considering the refs were calling every minor contact between players as a 2 minute minor, I'm sure there was some extra love to get out before the final whistle. If it had been the other way around, every Detroit fan would be claiming what a {censored} Weber was for staying on the ground for 10 minutes after the whistle blew. It's all about perspective. It's playoff hockey. What was way more crazy in my eyes was Helm catching Radulov's skate to the arm and having to be rushed into surgery to repair severed tendons. He won't be back until next season.

At any rate, I have tickets to tomorrow's game, and it's going to be an utter bloodbath. I expect a fight within the first 5 minutes. It's going to be a rowdy night.

• Members

At any rate, I have tickets to tomorrow's game, and it's going to be an utter bloodbath. I expect a fight within the first 5 minutes. It's going to be a rowdy night.

Lucky! I'm expecting the same, it should be a pretty ridiculous game...but I have an exam the next morning. :mad: Oh well, study all day tomorrow so I can take a couple hours off at night.

• Members

Awesome. I'm glad to see another great player come out of Red deer. There are quite a few now.

My folks have had Rebels season tickets for the last 8 years or so... saw a lot of these guys growing up! I think the Rebels have the most current NHL players out of any WHL team right now.... pretty good list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Deer_Rebels#NHL_alumni

• Members

My folks have had Rebels season tickets for the last 8 years or so... saw a lot of these guys growing up! I think the Rebels have the most current NHL players out of any WHL team right now.... pretty good list:

Nice. I grew up in Red Deer and I went from day 1. I might have missed 2 games the first 7 seasons when I was a young lad. My parents still have season tickets. I go a few games a season, if I can.

That is a great list. I didn't see Hanzal on it though.

• Members

god I hope LA sweeps Vancouver out in the first series.
Canucks fans endless bitching and crying gets so old so fast.
I don't want to have to listen to this all over again like we did last year.
I'm bummed St Louis lost, if my B's don't win it all again I want St. Louis to go all the way.

• Members

god I hope LA sweeps Vancouver out in the first series.

Canucks fans endless bitching and crying gets so old so fast.

I don't want to have to listen to this all over again like we did last year.

I'm bummed St Louis lost, if my B's don't win it all again I want St. Louis to go all the way.

the ironing is delicious, suck it

• Members

Yeah undisciplined by Weber for sure, but it was in immediate retaliation for Zetterberg slashing him on the knee, which is in and of itself a pretty douche bag move.

Yup. I don't think Weber is worried about staying out of anybody's way, more the other way around, he is a nasty piece of work - just like we like 'em! With the Big Nasty (Pronger) out this year, it's up to Shea to pick up the reins - something I am sure he is more than happy to do.

Impossible to predict after only one game, but:

1) Vancouver does not look that good so far. They need the other twin back, or they will not last long, and need a jolt from a defribulator to get going. Kessler looks lost.

2) I'm surprised by Nashville, they've been a good team for a long time, but they honestly look like they could go far this year.

3) I'm even more surprised by St. Louis, although they lost, to do that well when all your main offense is under 5'10" is very good. They just seem to have mojo and 'tending on their side - that will take you a long way.

4) Having said that, this could be the year the stars align for San Jose. They've been unlucky to not go further before now. They are solid end to end, with some luck they could go far. Hard to call that series.

5) I'm most surprised by Pheonix! I really like Chicago, but the 'yotes look like they are on a mission. Hopefully Toews is really 100% or chicago is done, and their goaltending is suspect.

6) In the east Pittsburg looks strong (despite losing), as does NYR.

7) Can't believe Pittsburg will idle for 2 periods again like they did there. Yes, Philly won, but Malkin was not engaged and the whole team fell asleep, that won't happen again. Only a matter of time before Philly implodes. Too bad because I like a lot of their players - Briere and Hartnell always bring it, and giroux is great. Defense and (surprise!) goaltending is suspect. Pittsburg can play a lot better, and for 60 minutes, but I don't think the flyers can bring it up much more than they are currently playing.

8) Bruins look a little vulnerable. They are always a slump away from not being able to score, if it hits at a critical time they could be had.

9) NYR are not best at anything really, but no weaknesses anywhere in the lineup. Ultimately a well rested, playing well pittsburg or bruins can beat them, but they'll ahve to play 100%.

10) Caps ...... what happened? To OV, Backstrom, Green, all the talent.....etc

Looks like it is going to be another close playoffs!

• Members

Boston/Washington looks to have been pretty physical.. I wish someone would just light up Chara one of these days.. Like really send that {censored}er airborne..

He's 6'9" 255... don't think that's going to happen anytime soon... Ovechkin is the biggest guy on the Caps @ 6'3" 230.

As for the Jon Stewart vid, there was just as much or more of that crap flying the other way too. Kesler alone dives more in one game than most olympic divers will in their whole career :lol:

The commentary from the clips there is exactly why I can't watch a Canucks game with the sound on. SIMPSON YOU'RE THE PLAY-BY-PLAY GUY NOT THE {censored}ING REF.

• Members
and here is one of the loudest cry babies of them all.

Your comments alone make me hope LA sweeps the Canucks.

Ya I watch John Stewart to get my Hockey news.
:facepalm:
Jesus here we go again

Please LA please end this quickly.

John Stewart laying it down for all to see, god I love that guy.

• Members
As for the Jon Stewart vid, there was just as much or more of that crap flying the other way too. Kesler alone dives more in one game than most olympic divers will in their whole career
:lol:

The commentary from the clips there is exactly why I can't watch a Canucks game with the sound on. SIMPSON YOU'RE THE PLAY-BY-PLAY GUY NOT THE {censored}ING REF.

Amen brother amen

• Members
He's 6'9" 255... don't think that's going to happen anytime soon... Ovechkin is the biggest guy on the Caps @ 6'3" 230.

As for the Jon Stewart vid, there was just as much or more of that crap flying the other way too. Kesler alone dives more in one game than most olympic divers will in their whole career
:lol:

Jack Edwards, the Bruins commentator, is the most biased homer in the history of sports broadcasting, listening to his call is pure comedy gold.
the Canucks are pussies and take dives, nobody here would argue that. the difference is that we admit it, the Bruins do the same crap and act like it never happened, complete lying hypocrits. John Stewart points it out and anyone without blinders on can see that Boston does everything the Canucks get accused of doing, the clips don't lie (like the Bruins).
Milan Lucic backing down from George LaRaque stands as the single biggest chicken{censored} cowardly move in the history of the game.

• Members

Jack Edwards is pure comedy gold. (We even make fun of here in Boston)
The Canucks admit it?? I haven't seen them admit anything.
don't you have cars to burn or some stores to loot or something? they lost game one, I've got my eyes on the news waiting for the next riot to start.
I can't believe we have to listen to this {censored}....................................again

Archived