Bogner....what are they thinking?

SteinbergerHack

• Members

I have a Bogner XTC that's seen some serious use. I e-mailed the factory to see about getting a new handle - there are no dealers anywhere near where I live, so I assumed it would be easier to go direct. Boy was I wrong.

They will take an order and ship a replacement part, but they want me to mail them - get this - a MONEY ORDER. No checks accepted. No credit card accepted. No cash accepted. No debit cards accepted. Is it possible that they honestly don't realize that we are now in the 21st century, and if you want to be in business you muct accept the normal forms of payment accepted by every other business in the industrialized world?

:mad:

A freaking MONEY ORDER? Having to take time off from the office to go to a post office (the one closest to my office closed 3 weeks ago) to get a money order will take more time than the #$%^ thing is worth to begin with.

I love the sound of the amp, but I won't buy another. Customer service is important, and this is a major failure.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You can get money orders in thousands of places, not just the PO.

They're probably not in the mindset of dealing with customers on a retail level. I'm honestly kind of surprised they would deal with someone individually.

Peoples expectations are obviously different. I now understand that ours differ greatly.

Lesson learned.

• Members

I love Carvin products, but I have a similar story with my Quad X regarding customer service.

I've got a horrible feedback problem with the pre-amp and it gets unbearable when I engage the EQ. So, I call Carvin and have them connect me to repair service. A guy answers the phone and I explain to him my pre-amp, model, serial number and the problem and ask him is he might have an idea of what the problem might be and if they would be able to repair it. The doudhebag proceeds to tell me that he doesn't know (which is understandable without being able to put it on the bench) and that he doesn't even think he has the schematics for that amp. I ask him what the hell he's talking about. It's a Carvin amp and I'm on the phone with a Carvin repair tech, no? "Dude, I don't know of EVERY product made by Carvin." :freak:

"Forget it dumb{censored}, I'll take it to a real tech". Click.

I love Carvin products (I have an Ultra V and the Quad X) but I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them retail with troglodytes like that running the customer service end of things.

• Members

Money orders really aren't that hard to get. They probably don't take credit cards because they don't want to deal with selling to customers directly, and don't want to deal with bad cheques. I'm sure they'll be happy to help out after you called them out online though :o

• Members

They're probably not in the mindset of dealing with customers on a retail level. I'm honestly kind of surprised they would deal with someone individually.

I guess I expected the opposite, since they really don't have much of a distribution and support network. Not many places carry the Bogner Custom stuff, so.....?

Peoples expectations are obviously different. I now understand that ours differ greatly.

I guess I expected to be taken seriously and supported as a customer after buying a $4K amp. It's not like Bogner is known for a bunch of commodity-level garbage - their stuff is top-drawer, and I would guess that most of their customers would expect a service level to match their target market.

Apparently I was in error.

• Members

They probably don't take credit cards because they don't want to deal with selling to customers directly, and don't want to deal with bad cheques.

I doubt that very many people using Bogner custom series amps are writing a bunch of bad checks. It's not like we're talking about a $150 Guitar Center special.

I'm sure they'll be happy to help out after you called them out online though
:o

Doubtful - I don't expect they'll even notice.

• Members

I doubt that very many people using Bogner custom series amps are writing a bunch of bad checks. It's not like we're talking about a $150 Guitar Center special.

Doubtful - I don't expect they'll even notice.

I've dealt with Bogner a bunch, when I had my 101b modded to the Classic I believe I sent them a money order too (back when I lived in Vancouver). And since I'm local now, had them make a special cable so I could footswitch channels/boosts on the amp from my g system, they're only a short drive from me. In my experience they do notice what's posted on here, just as an FYI. I've had nothing but good experiences with them as far as customer service goes though, fwiw.

• Members

it's annoying, yes, but not enough reason for "OMG I will never deal with them again" .

Some companies are not set up to deal with customers directly. Many companies would ask you to order it through a dealer or service center (with additional mark up and wait time) , at least they are ok with selling it to you directly. It's not that big of a deal IMHO.

• Members

I love Carvin products, but I have a similar story with my Quad X regarding customer service.

I've got a horrible feedback problem with the pre-amp and it gets unbearable when I engage the EQ. So, I call Carvin and have them connect me to repair service. A guy answers the phone and I explain to him my pre-amp, model, serial number and the problem and ask him is he might have an idea of what the problem might be and if they would be able to repair it. The doudhebag proceeds to tell me that he doesn't know (which is understandable without being able to put it on the bench) and that he doesn't even think he has the schematics for that amp. I ask him what the hell he's talking about. It's a Carvin amp and I'm on the phone with a Carvin repair tech, no? "Dude, I don't know of EVERY product made by Carvin."
:freak:

"Forget it dumb{censored}, I'll take it to a real tech". Click.

I love Carvin products (I have an Ultra V and the Quad X) but I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them retail with troglodytes like that running the customer service end of things.

No excuse for the guy to be a cock, that's messed up. But having worked in this industry for a while, I can understand what he's saying. Guitar products are expected to work and be supported longer than just about any other consumer electronic product. You wouldn't be so pissed off if you say... called Samsung about support and schematics for a 1990 TV and they couldn't help you. Yet, with guitar products that happens all the time.

Carvin still has the manual online for download and the schematics at the Carvin Museum, which is more than a lot of consumer electronics companies will do , but you can't blame their techs for not being able to diagnose something that was discontinued 20 years ago over the phone.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/manuals/quadx.pdf

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/techdocs.html

Still, the guy should have at least tried to be nice about it.

• Members

Carvin still has the manual online for download and the schematics at the Carvin Museum, which is more than a lot of consumer electronics companies will do , but you can't blame their techs for not being able to diagnose something that was discontinued 20 years ago over the phone.

Still, the guy should have at least tried to be nice about it.

I don't blame the guy for not being able to diagnose anything over the phone (which I referenced in my post). And, I appreciate the links to the manual and the schematics (which I have already found and printed). My problem is that if I can find the {censored}ing schematic online and HE can't seem to track down the schematics (or even make an attempt while I'm on the phone with him) and he WORKS for the company in the {censored}ing REPAIR DEPARTMENT there's a problem. The guy was a c u n t and had no business working as a repair tech in a company when he had a customer willing to pay to have his equipment sent in and serviced from the company he bought it from and this twat couldn't take 5 seconds to see if the schematics could even be located on site. He just wanted me to send my amp out and maybe they could dig something up on it. It's not like he put me on hold and made an effort to even reference what {censored}ing model I was even talking to him about. Like I said, keep the c u n t s in the closet and let people who are actually willing to do their {censored}ing job answer the phone line.

I'll repeat, I think some Carvin products are top of the line and worth every nickel. I'll just never send anything in to have it serviced by them. {censored} it, I'll take it to a guy that appreciates the business and works with me accordingly.

• Members

I have a Bogner XTC that's seen some serious use. I e-mailed the factory to see about getting a new handle - there are no dealers anywhere near where I live, so I assumed it would be easier to go direct. Boy was I wrong.

They will take an order and ship a replacement part, but they want me to mail them - get this - a MONEY ORDER. No checks accepted. No credit card accepted. No cash accepted. No debit cards accepted. Is it possible that they honestly don't realize that we are now in the 21st century, and if you want to be in business you muct accept the normal forms of payment accepted by every other business in the industrialized world?

A freaking MONEY ORDER? Having to take time off from the office to go to a post office (the one closest to my office closed 3 weeks ago) to get a money order will take more time than the #$%^ thing is worth to begin with.

I love the sound of the amp, but I won't buy another. Customer service is important, and this is a major failure.

it takes about 45 seconds to get a money order from the super market :idk:

Archived