Bogner....what are they thinking?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not a big deal IMO. I personally would consider that good customer service. Alot of companies don't sell parts to individual customers at all and make you go through dealers for replacement parts. At least they gave you a easy option to buy directly from them.

• Members
Same here. If they do it in Parts Unknown, Bum{censored}edegypt, then they probably do there as well.

"Parts unknown" is a little bigger than i thought. :lol:

As of the 2010 census, Yakima had a total population of 91,067 and a metropolitan population of 243,231

I grew up in Wenatchee which is much smaller, so i know what you mean.

• Members

Not a big deal IMO. I personally would consider that good customer service. Alot of companies don't sell parts to individual customers at all and make you go through dealers for replacement parts. At least they gave you a easy option to buy directly from them.

Not easy - at least not in 2012. "Easy" would be entering a credit car number into a website and having it show up three days later - like pretty much every other serious business.......

It was probably Rheinhold himself who answered the phone and he just decided to {censored} with you for the hell of it. "Whats do I carez about yo sillee handlez? I makes a millionz for Line Sixxes.."

• Members
Guitar products are expected to work and be supported longer than just about any other consumer electronic product. You wouldn't be so pissed off if you say... called Samsung about support and schematics for a 1990 TV and they couldn't help you. Yet, with guitar products that happens all the time.

Which is likely because the basic guitar amp design has changed very little in the 60+ years they've been around, most consumer electronics change pretty drastically every 10 years, let alone 20.

• Members

Not easy - at least not in 2012. "Easy" would be entering a credit car number into a website and having it show up three days later - like pretty much every other serious business.......

well not all business want to set up credit card accounts and use checks that could bounce.

They have distributors for that.

• Members

amp repair techs are the worst people in the world to deal with...I'm convinced of that.

One of the coolest people on this forum is Nick from DunciwchAmps, and he's a tech. He does more building than repair work, but hes cool as hell. I think the crabby guys are all the ones that are strictly repairs because they don't really have to deal or engage with customers as much.

• Members

I have a Bogner XTC that's seen some serious use. I e-mailed the factory to see about getting a new handle - there are no dealers anywhere near where I live, so I assumed it would be easier to go direct. Boy was I wrong.

They will take an order and ship a replacement part, but they want me to mail them - get this - a MONEY ORDER. No checks accepted. No credit card accepted. No cash accepted. No debit cards accepted. Is it possible that they honestly don't realize that we are now in the 21st century, and if you want to be in business you muct accept the normal forms of payment accepted by every other business in the industrialized world?

:mad:

A freaking MONEY ORDER? Having to take time off from the office to go to a post office (the one closest to my office closed 3 weeks ago) to get a money order will take more time than the #$%^ thing is worth to begin with.

:mad:

I love the sound of the amp, but I won't buy another. Customer service is important, and this is a major failure.

its a small shop. they let the dealer network handle this kind of crap. I'd call a dealer (even if they aren't close by) and see if they will order/ship you one.

• Members
No excuse for the guy to be a cock, that's messed up. But having worked in this industry for a while, I can understand what he's saying. Guitar products are expected to work and be supported longer than just about any other consumer electronic product. You wouldn't be so pissed off if you say... called Samsung about support and schematics for a 1990 TV and they couldn't help you. Yet, with guitar products that happens all the time.

Carvin still has the manual online for download and the schematics at the Carvin Museum, which is more than a lot of consumer electronics companies will do , but you can't blame their techs for not being able to diagnose something that was discontinued 20 years ago over the phone.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/manuals/quadx.pdf

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/techdocs.html

Still, the guy should have at least tried to be nice about it.

These...

Hmm, let me call a company direct that probably isnt setup to deal directly with customers and say that Ill never deal with them again because they only accept money orders.

Let me call a company that probably has some techs that dont know about a product that was discontinued 20 years ago and complain when the guy says he doesnt know about it.

You guys are expecting a little too much, IMO.

• Members

do you have a bank? do you ever go to a bank?

go to the bank.

Actually, I don't use banks. I have accounts with two credit unions, both of which are out of state (I've moved). Everything else I do I handle with direct deposit, credit card, checks, ATM, or Paypal. I haven't had the need to go into a physical branch office in years.

• Members

Have you looked at the number of authorized outlets? If I could go down to a local music store or GC, sure.....but they're not that widely distributed.

Still a distributor, if you sell through distributors they do all this for you. Sure they don't have many distributors (its not like GC in the states is small though) so why should he bother?

But still you contacted them and they said sure ok we will do it, but we only accept banking cheques or whatever... Big deal. You may get the same responce from Marshall or Blackstar in the UK as they may not be set up for orders (I think Marshall are for certain items)

For my I think Bogner are doing a good job and you expect to much from a small to medium sized company.