Bogner....what are they thinking?

• Members

Looks like some pretty thorough distribution.

The nearest store with a Bogner (non-Alchemist) is more than 2 hours away from my house. :idk:

Secondly, you don't spend $4000 on an amp for the customer service after the fact. You spend $4000 on an amp for an amp worth the money. You won't find another amp that has the functionality, reliability, and sound of the XTC. That's what you've paid all that money for.

Well, I'll agree it's a fantastic amp.

Bogner doesn't owe you anything. They made an amp. You bought it. From there, anything else is just icing on the cake.

Maybe the industry I work in (electrical equipment) is different. If I told my customers that I'd only accept a money order for payment for spares or repairs, I'd be out of business in about a week.:idk:

If they want you to send them a money order, that's their prerogative. They also take PayPal, but you probably didn't think of that as you were too busy climbing on your soapbox to tell the world at how unhelpful Bogner is.

Hmmm....They said specifically in writing that the only thing they would take is a money order (pain in the a$$) or a certified check (bigger pain in the a$$).

If you bought the amp brand new, contact your dealer.

The dealer I bought it from is literally 1200 miles away - I've moved since I bought the amp. That said, they'd probably be helpful, but I still don't get this 1950s payment practices stupidity. You guys can defend it all you like, but how far do you think Amazon would have gotten if they only took money orders? This is 2012.......:facepalm:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why would any company throw him a free handle, especially on a seriously used amp (as the OP admits)?

I never said I expected one for nothing - just a reasonable way to pay for it with methods in general use in today's economy. The amp is well-used because it's a killer amp, and I gig it a LOT.

• Members

Bogner is a manufacturer. Amazon is a retailer. Terrible comparison.

This. OP is a crybaby bitch. How difficult is it for your ass to find a store that sells money orders in your podunk town? :facepalm:

"Why do I gotta go to a grocery store to get a money order? I should just be able to pay for it with paypal or my debit card #. Wahhh, such a pain in the ass to get a money order. Then I'm gonna compare completely different types of businesses and pretend it's an apples to apples comparison."

• Members

How so? They're both selling stuff.....:idk: Seriously, in my industry it doesn't matter if the equipment was bought through distribution, direct, through another OEM, or through a contractor - there's an expectation that the manufacturer provides direct post-sale support when necessary. I guess most musicians have just been trained to accept crappy service....

• Members

How so? They're both selling stuff.....
:idk:
Seriously, in my industry it doesn't matter if the equipment was bought through distribution, direct, through another OEM, or through a contractor - there's an expectation that the manufacturer provides direct post-sale support when necessary. I guess most musicians have just been trained to accept crappy service....

Baby need a bottle?

• Members

I love Carvin products, but I have a similar story with my Quad X regarding customer service.

I've got a horrible feedback problem with the pre-amp and it gets unbearable when I engage the EQ. So, I call Carvin and have them connect me to repair service. A guy answers the phone and I explain to him my pre-amp, model, serial number and the problem and ask him is he might have an idea of what the problem might be and if they would be able to repair it. The doudhebag proceeds to tell me that he doesn't know (which is understandable without being able to put it on the bench) and that he doesn't even think he has the schematics for that amp. I ask him what the hell he's talking about. It's a Carvin amp and I'm on the phone with a Carvin repair tech, no? "Dude, I don't know of EVERY product made by Carvin."
:freak:

"Forget it dumb{censored}, I'll take it to a real tech". Click.

I love Carvin products (I have an Ultra V and the Quad X) but I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them retail with troglodytes like that running the customer service end of things.

Sounds like a microphonic preamp tube. I don't know how accessable (and safe) the pre tubes are while the pre is turned on, but if you can safely tap each preamp tube (without being in any danger of touching the other electronics) one at a time with a pencil, you'll likely find one's much more noisy than the others. Or if you have an extra preamp tube you know that's good, you can try swapping them one at a time until you either fix it or have tried swapping them all out.

• Members

Seriously, in my industry it doesn't matter if the equipment was bought through distribution, direct, through another OEM, or through a contractor - there's an expectation that the manufacturer provides direct post-sale support when necessary.

Turns out Bogner is providing that support as well. They've offered to sell you a handle. You just don't like their terms.

• Members

Sounds like a microphonic preamp tube. I don't know how accessable (and safe) the pre tubes are while the pre is turned on, but if you can safely tap eac preamp tube one at a time with a pencil, you'll likely find one's much more noisy than the others. Or if you have an extra preamp tube you know that's good, you can try swapping them one at a time until you either fix it or have tried swapping them all out.

:lol:

It's kinda funny that you put more thought into it than the douchebag on the phone. It ended up being a bad tube socket.

• Members

:lol:

It's kinda funny that you put more thought into it than the douchebag on the phone. It ended up being a bad tube socket.

In Carvin's defense, they get a lot of calls from DIY techs. I do as well, but I try to be polite.

You want bad customer service? try Loud Tech Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

And they just bought out Ampeg!! bassist Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Members

This. Jesus Christ SteinbergerHack in the amount of time you've unjustifiably sulked in this thread about Bogner (which definitely isn't helping your cause) you could've easily gone to any # of places and got a money order, sent it off and had your handle on it's way already :idea::idea::idea:

• Members

Sweet titty{censored}ing christ.

I bet if some of you saw a mtach you'd call the fire department. Entitlement shmentitlement. I'm not talking about entitlement. I'm talking about class.

You see an old lady. She needs help crossing the road. Do you HAVE to help? Do you owe it to her? {censored} no. So why would you if you don't owe it to her?

You take your special lady out for a night on the town. Do you have to open the door for her? Do you have to buy her drinks? Do you OWE her? Helllllllll naw son. In fact, you drove, so why the {censored} isn't she buying you drinks? God damn.

You buy a new car. It cost $18,000. Does the dealer have to fill the tank for you? Newp. Why would they? I mean, it's a minuscule portion of the profits, and is the CLASSY move, but {censored} all that. You're lucky they didn't make you provide the fuel for the initial test drive. I mean THEY DON'T OWE YOU {censored}, BITCH. Furthermore, {censored} you for being such an entitled cry baby. How {censored}ing dare you expect a little class and courtesy. People like you make me sick.

• Members

I bet if some of you saw a mtach you'd call the fire department. Entitlement shmentitlement. I'm not talking about entitlement. I'm talking about class.

You see an old lady. She needs help crossing the road. Do you HAVE to help? Do you owe it to her? {censored} no. So why would you if you don't owe it to her?

You take your special lady out for a night on the town. Do you have to open the door for her? Do you have to buy her drinks? Do you OWE her? Helllllllll naw son. In fact, you drove, so why the {censored} isn't she buying you drinks? God damn.

You buy a new car. It cost $18,000. Does the dealer have to fill the tank for you? Newp. Why would they? I mean, it's a minuscule portion of the profits, and is the CLASSY move, but {censored} all that. You're lucky they didn't make you provide the fuel for the initial test drive. I mean THEY DON'T OWE YOU {censored}, BITCH. Furthermore, {censored} you for being such an entitled cry baby. How {censored}ing dare you expect a little class and courtesy. People like you make me sick.

Not entirely sure if you're serious or facetious, but I sure hope to God, whomever he may be, that you are joking. :lol:

• Members

again, you are talking about dealers and not manufacturers. he can try to contact his Bogner dealer and see if they can get him the part as a thank you for being a good customer. Now good luck asking Ford Motors directly to fill up your tank after you bought the car.

Bogner is being pretty classy offering to sell him the part directly. When I needed parts from TC they routed me through a dealer (Sweetwater). Same with Hughes and Kettner. Most manufacturers will ask you to go through the dealer or service center. Bogner is going the extra mile by dealing with him directly and cutting the middle man. It's not their fault the guy lives in bum{censored} egypt and can't get a money order within 300 miles or something.

Self entitled baby is self entitled.

• Members

again, you are talking about dealers and not manufacturers. he can try to contact his Bogner dealer and see if they can get him the part as a thank you for being a good customer. Now good luck asking Ford Motors directly to fill up your tank after you bought the car.

Bogner is being pretty classy offering to sell him the part directly. When I needed parts from TC they routed me through a dealer (Sweetwater). Same with Hughes and Kettner. Most manufacturers will ask you to go through the dealer or service center. Bogner is going the extra mile by dealing with him directly and cutting the middle man. It's not their fault the guy lives in bum{censored} egypt and can't get a money order within 300 miles or something.

Nah, {censored} that! I live in the busy part of Bum{censored} Egypt, and ya know what? I can get MO's in at least 10 places within a square mile from my house.

I will agree that self-entitled baby is self-entitled, though. WAHHH ILL NEV0R DO BIDNEZ WIT DAT KRAYZ GERMANSK CUZ HE DUN TAEK CC 0R CHEKX! :cry:

• Members

Goddammit, I love you haha.