Bogner....what are they thinking?

• Members

why do you say that? have you played any? they are {censored}ing sweet amps man.

Well ok, I mean, yeah, I've played an Ubershall before and they are really nice, but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sure they don't owe him, but dammit, that extra mile means a lot to me in 2012. I just hate when companies are snobby like that.

So, nothing against the actual quality of Bogner amps, and of course, this isn't awful customer service, but it could be better, and there are companies who will provide better service than that.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well ok, I mean, yeah, I've played an Ubershall before and they are really nice, but this just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Sure they don't owe him, but dammit, that extra mile means a lot to me in 2012. I just hate when companies are snobby like that.

So, nothing against the actual quality of Bogner amps, and of course, this isn't awful customer service, but it could be better, and there are companies who will provide better service than that.

good lord man, dont let this brain dead OP even slightly taint an amazing brand of amps you havent even really played. they dont owe him free parts for life and if they dont want to take personal checks or credit cards that is totally fine. they take paypal for {censored}s sake, he can pay with cc through paypal instead of being a dumb ass. ubers are one thing but play a 101b and get back to us before you dig a deeper hole here. bogners are awesome, awesome amps.

• Members

good lord man, dont let this brain dead OP even slightly taint an amazing brand of amps you havent even really played. they dont owe him free parts for life and if they dont want to take personal checks or credit cards that is totally fine. they take paypal for {censored}s sake, he can pay with cc through paypal instead of being a dumb ass. ubers are one thing but play a 101b and get back to us before you dig a deeper hole here. bogners are awesome, awesome amps.

http://www.petersamplification.com/contact.htm

PAYMENT METHODS

*Email money transfer (available to those whose financial institutions have Interac)

*Paypal (credit card purchases can be made with this method)

*International Money Order (available at USPS)

*Canadian postal money order (in Canada only)

*Wire transfer

• Members

How can so many people not get this; Bogner does not sell directly to the public, they only sell through their dealers. They have no need for a CC account. OP should have (and still can) go through a dealer to order the handle and they will take your credit card. It seems to me Bogner was actually doing you a solid by offering to sell it direct to you instead of just sending you to a dealer.

AFAIK, James Peters only sells direct - that's why he accepts every form of payment under the sun. Totally different business model.

• Members

I have never played a Peters, and they seem (from what I can tell) to be a quality amp, but I don't see where it's going to be that much better of amp than a Bogner. Heck, it might even be worse...but my point is I wouldn't reject either or say "Thank God I don't own one". That just seems like a generally douchy, unobjective thing to say.

• Members

I love Carvin products, but I have a similar story with my Quad X regarding customer service.

I've got a horrible feedback problem with the pre-amp and it gets unbearable when I engage the EQ. So, I call Carvin and have them connect me to repair service. A guy answers the phone and I explain to him my pre-amp, model, serial number and the problem and ask him is he might have an idea of what the problem might be and if they would be able to repair it. The doudhebag proceeds to tell me that he doesn't know (which is understandable without being able to put it on the bench) and that he doesn't even think he has the schematics for that amp. I ask him what the hell he's talking about. It's a Carvin amp and I'm on the phone with a Carvin repair tech, no? "Dude, I don't know of EVERY product made by Carvin."
:freak:

"Forget it dumb{censored}, I'll take it to a real tech". Click.

I love Carvin products (I have an Ultra V and the Quad X) but I doubt I'll ever buy anything from them retail with troglodytes like that running the customer service end of things.

That may not have been Carvin "company" tech. Most companies have "authorized" repair centers....and I'm sure the quality varies. Just sayin'.

I hate when techs say {censored} like that. I mean...I know the benefits and sometimes necessity of having a schematic...but to jump your {censored} right away....hrrummph.

• Members

How can so many people not get this; Bogner does not sell directly to the public, they only sell through their dealers. They have no need for a CC account. OP should have (and still can) go through a dealer to order the handle and they will take your credit card. It seems to me Bogner was actually doing you a solid by offering to sell it direct to you instead of just sending you to a dealer.

AFAIK, James Peters only sells direct - that's why he accepts every form of payment under the sun. Totally different business model.

I think his point was that notjonahbutnoah is raving about James Peters cust service, while he has the same payment system setup as bogner...IE PP or MO, but not directly taking CCs.

• Members

Is it "snobbish" to have a system already in place that doesn't deal with parts-to-the-comsumer through the home office?

I have typically had really good luck dealing directly with the company. The guy from Rocktron (Jim, I think) has been extremely helpful on a couple of occasions. But those weren't expectations and I didn't get {censored}ty with him. It was just a nice thing to do, but not all companies are set up like that. He probably went out of his way to go get some parts and mail them. Again...very nice of him, but I wouldn't expect or demand it.

• Members

im with the OP. buying a money order makes me feel dirty- like im going to be paying child support, paying fines for solicitation of prostitution, or something equally as unpleasant. no thanks. i prefer certified checks, anyway anymore.

....just because you've used money orders to pay your baby momma/criminal charges shouldn't have any bearing on your opinion of Bogner's obviously sound business practices. :cop:

• Members

Ok, I feel like this is going off track a bit.

So my "thankfully, no" comment was a little spiteful. Apologies. I've never heard anything bad about Bogners, and my first post said nothing of their quality, so being asked if I had owned one seemed a bit irrelevant. I'm sure they're fine amps.

This next bit is important, so it gets bolded:

Obviously, Bogner owes the OP nothing and I understand that. I have just had a lot of dealings with companies who care to go the extra mile, and I really appreciate it. That's what leaves that lasting impression of "wow, those guys care" ...when they aren't obligated to do anything, but do so anyway. I think the classy move would have been to throw him a handle that probably cost them like $5. Then maybe this thread would have been of a different nature.

As far as payment setups, whatever. It wasn't really so much about the method of payment.

I have never played a Peters, and they seem (from what I can tell) to be a quality amp, but I don't see where it's going to be that much better of amp than a Bogner. Heck, it might even be worse...but my point is I wouldn't reject either or say "Thank God I don't own one". That just seems like a generally douchy, unobjective thing to say.

No more unobjective than calling a stranger an idiot based on two words they said. But again, I have nothing against the amps themselves. Maybe a Peters is worse. I don't know. I like mine a lot though. :idk:

• Members

I guess I should have said a long time ago that one of the speakers wires came loose in my Bogner 2 x 12 about a year after I bought them, and it punctured the speaker. I called them, then sent them some pics, and they sent me a new speaker, free of charge, no questions asked. How many companies are going to do that?

• Members

I guess I should have said a long time ago that one of the speakers wires came loose in my Bogner 2 x 12 about a year after I bought them, and it punctured the speaker. I called them, then sent them some pics, and they sent me a new speaker, free of charge, no questions asked. How many companies are going to do that?

None. I think warranties on speakers are usually about 6 months if I'm not mistaken. Some might be a year for some, though, but without a receipt and it coming from an authorized dealer, you usually can't get {censored} outta the company.

• Members

this thread reminds me why I left the MI industry. What a bunch of self-entitled cry babies.

I'd be more upset towards the seller not getting the handle on a new amp from an authorized dealer or a used amp in a trade than I would the company itself. And even then, I'd probably just replace it with some aftermarket jobber seeing as a handle really doesn't matter much.

Then again, maybe some lawyers and doctors at TGP will insist that a certain handle BRINGZ TEH TOANZ! :facepalm:

• Members

Ok, I feel like this is going off track a bit.

So my "thankfully, no" comment was a little spiteful. Apologies. I've never heard anything bad about Bogners, and my first post said nothing of their quality, so being asked if I had owned one seemed a bit irrelevant. I'm sure they're fine amps.

This next bit is important, so it gets bolded:

Obviously, Bogner owes the OP nothing and I understand that. I have just had a lot of dealings with companies who care to go the extra mile, and I really appreciate it. That's what leaves that lasting impression of "wow, those guys care" ...when they aren't obligated to do anything, but do so anyway. I think the classy move would have been to throw him a handle that probably cost them like $5. Then maybe this thread would have been of a different nature.

As far as payment setups, whatever. It wasn't really so much about the method of payment.

Why would any company throw him a free handle, especially on a seriously used amp (as the OP admits)? Maybe I should call up Mesa (best customer service around IMO) and tell them them I have a few bad tubes on my 1994 Trem-o-verb. Wonder if they will offer them to me free.:lol:

IMO Bogner did go the extra mile and do something they weren't obligated to by selling him the handle directly when they usually don't sell directly and let their dealers handle replacement parts with checks, credit cards, etc... Is it really that hard to get a money order that takes like 2 minutes to get from many various places?

IMO this thread isn't bad customer service from Bogner but just a bad customer.

• Members

you even quoted his reponse to the exact point you made in your post. :confused:

• Members

Why would any company throw him a free handle, especially on a seriously used amp (as the OP admits)? Maybe I should call up Mesa (best customer service around IMO) and tell them them I have a few bad tubes on my 1994 Trem-o-verb. Wonder if they will offer them to me free.
:lol:

IMO Bogner did go the extra mile and do something they weren't obligated to by selling him the handle directly when they usually don't sell directly and let their dealers handle replacement parts with checks, credit cards, etc... Is it really that hard to get a money order that takes like 2 minutes to get from many various places?

IMO this thread isn't bad customer service from Bogner but just a bad customer.

Agreed. I guess if I ship an amp and the headshell gets the Clint mod, I should just expect the amp company to replace it for me and make it good, despite the fact it isn't their fault nor do they transfer warranties, but they should just because I might go on HCAF and bitch and moan about it like an entitled brat in a toy store.