Bogner....what are they thinking?

SteinbergerHack

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Naw, {censored} all that. GOOD customer service would go a little something like:

"Hey, Bogoners, I done lost my gard dang Extersee handle, how much them gonna cost me huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Just give me your shipping address and I'll send you another handle because handles cost us next to nothing, and as a customer of ours, we would like to hold onto your business. So, as a player of one of our fine amplifiers, it's the least we could do to send you a free handle. I mean it's not like the metal is titanium or anything. There is no black market for amp handles. They cannot be crushed up and snorted for pleasure and surely you're not conning me to get a free amp handle... so please, take a free handle as a thank you for your business."

"holy cow, that's nice of you good by"

Charging him and only taking money orders is {censored}ty. Good companies send you free {censored} when you email them, {censored}ty companies don't.

One time:

Once I got two sets of D'addario XL 9-46 (the hybrids with the yellow circle) sets of strings and in one, the 1st string was missing and in the other the 2nd string was missing. I emailed them and do you think they offered to sell me two strings, only accepting a money order? No. They send me two fill sets for free, two extra 1sts and two extra 2nds. Now, I'm sure Bogner included a handle so they aren't really at fault, but still, it's all about that customer services.

Another time:

I bought my friend an EQD Organizer as a present. HE liked it but just couldn't work it into his live stuff. So, he emails EQD and they agree to trade him for a Dispatch Master... even swap. Good customer service. When the company isn't even at fault but they help anyway.

Another time:

I bought my Peters. USED. James Peters just notices the thread somehow and PM's me a ton of info, a PDF on the amp, and then corresponds with me for several messages. He devoted probably 1.5 hours of his time for no money. I bought it used. Good. Customer. Service.

Still another time:

I contact Malekko about wanting them to make me a custom Phase pedal with large pots in a bigger enclosure because I am skeptical of the build quality of the little tiny omicrons, as I had one that had developed some noise. They inform me that it can be done but really the quality wouldn't be any higher because they use this that and the other top notch parts. So, what do they do? Send me a free brand new Phase pedal. A $120 pedal... completely free. GOOD>CUSTOMER>SERVICE

This Bogner business is not good customer service. Not at all.

• Members

Naw, {censored} all that. GOOD customer service would go a little something like:

"Hey, Bogoners, I done lost my gard dang Extersee handle, how much them gonna cost me huh?"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Just give me your shipping address and I'll send you another handle because handles cost us next to nothing, and as a customer of ours, we would like to hold onto your business. So, as a player of one of our fine amplifiers, it's the least we could do to send you a free handle. I mean it's not like the metal is titanium or anything. There is no black market for amp handles. They cannot be crushed up and snorted for pleasure and surely you're not conning me to get a free amp handle... so please, take a free handle as a thank you for your business."

"holy cow, that's nice of you good by"

Charging him and only taking money orders is {censored}ty. Good companies send you free {censored} when you email them, {censored}ty companies don't.

One time:

Once I got two sets of D'addario XL 9-46 (the hybrids with the yellow circle) sets of strings and in one, the 1st string was missing and in the other the 2nd string was missing. I emailed them and do you think they offered to sell me two strings, only accepting a money order? No. They send me two fill sets for free, two extra 1sts and two extra 2nds. Now, I'm sure Bogner included a handle so they aren't really at fault, but still, it's all about that customer services.

Another time:

I bought my friend an EQD Organizer as a present. HE liked it but just couldn't work it into his live stuff. So, he emails EQD and they agree to trade him for a Dispatch Master... even swap. Good customer service. When the company isn't even at fault but they help anyway.

Another time:

I bought my Peters. USED. James Peters just notices the thread somehow and PM's me a ton of info, a PDF on the amp, and then corresponds with me for several messages. He devoted probably 1.5 hours of his time for no money. I bought it used. Good. Customer. Service.

Still another time:

I contact Malekko about wanting them to make me a custom Phase pedal with large pots in a bigger enclosure because I am skeptical of the build quality of the little tiny omicrons, as I had one that had developed some noise. They inform me that it can be done but really the quality wouldn't be any higher because they use this that and the other top notch parts. So, what do they do? Send me a free brand new Phase pedal. A $120 pedal... completely free. GOOD>CUSTOMER>SERVICE

This Bogner business is not good customer service. Not at all.

U ever owned a Bogner there Gilligan?

• Members

I guess I expected the opposite, since they really don't have much of a distribution and support network. Not many places carry the Bogner Custom stuff, so.....?

I guess I expected to be taken seriously and supported as a customer after buying a $4K amp. It's not like Bogner is known for a bunch of commodity-level garbage - their stuff is top-drawer, and I would guess that most of their customers would expect a service level to match their target market.

Apparently I was in error.

First of all, are you slow?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?sB=r&question=bogner

http://www.guitarcenter.com/New-Gear.gc?src=Bogner

Looks like some pretty thorough distribution.

Secondly, you don't spend $4000 on an amp for the customer service after the fact. You spend $4000 on an amp for an amp worth the money. You won't find another amp that has the functionality, reliability, and sound of the XTC. That's what you've paid all that money for.

That said, every single time I've called Bogner, I've received incredible customer service. Charlie is amazing.

Bogner doesn't owe you anything. They made an amp. You bought it. From there, anything else is just icing on the cake. If they want you to send them a money order, that's their prerogative. They also take PayPal, but you probably didn't think of that as you were too busy climbing on your soapbox to tell the world at how unhelpful Bogner is.

If you bought the amp brand new, contact your dealer.

• Members

im with the OP. buying a money order makes me feel dirty- like im going to be paying child support, paying fines for solicitation of prostitution, or something equally as unpleasant. no thanks. i prefer certified checks, anyway anymore.

That's a personal bias and irrelevant to claim of "bad customer support".

• Members

I use money orders alot & never any problems.

As for the handle, like others said, an after market handle would be fine. Scour flea bay. Perhaps you can find obe thats blown up or gutted to rob a handle from. My Randall has a generic Marshall style handle on it & looks no diffrent than what it had from the factory.

• Members

First of all, are you slow?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?sB=r&question=bogner

http://www.guitarcenter.com/New-Gear.gc?src=Bogner

Looks like some pretty thorough distribution.

Secondly, you don't spend $4000 on an amp for the customer service after the fact. You spend $4000 on an amp for an amp worth the money. You won't find another amp that has the functionality, reliability, and sound of the XTC. That's what you've paid all that money for.

That said, every single time I've called Bogner, I've received incredible customer service. Charlie is amazing.

Bogner doesn't owe you anything. They made an amp. You bought it. From there, anything else is just icing on the cake. If they want you to send them a money order, that's their prerogative. They also take PayPal, but you probably didn't think of that as you were too busy climbing on your soapbox to tell the world at how unhelpful Bogner is.

If you bought the amp brand new, contact your dealer.

:thu: /thread

Archived