This is how dead the music scene is in my town...

thefyn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pft, OP's scene ain't got {censored} on how piss-poor my local music scene is. Sure, the bands friends, GFs and parents turn out, but other than that, they aren't gonna get noticed and signed. Not in this town, anyways.

That's generally how I see the scene here in KC. Well, at least a vast majority of the rock/metal shows I go to or perform in, so I'm only seeing a fraction of what the "scene" really is. There are a couple bands that have gotten really good following over the last few years, but something or other happens to said band(s) and they are no more.

• Members

Delicious nutritious food:

184274_10150101267094218_2454259_n.jpg

182690_10150101265419218_6774002_n.jpg

No wonder Americans are so goddamned fat and obese. :facepalm:

Btw, both look {censored}ing disgusting, as well. The "Pork Par-yuck" made me queasy reading what it was made out of. And the donut burger with bacon and eggs just doesn't sound right. In a similar vein, that new Philly Cheesesteak Sourdough Jack at Jack in the Box looks hella nasty as well.

• Members

No wonder Americans are so goddamned fat and obese.
:facepalm:

Btw, both look {censored}ing disgusting, as well. The "Pork Par-yuck" made me queasy reading what it was made out of. And the donut burger with bacon and eggs just doesn't sound right. In a similar vein, that new Philly Cheesesteak Sourdough Jack at Jack in the Box looks hella nasty as well.

Land of the free and I'm proud of it. Vote with your dollars. If people want to be fat, let them go right ahead. It isn't messing with my happiness. Somehow I can eat large quantities of high fat foods without being your typical WalMart goer. Exercise, how does it work?

• Members
There is no music scene here, not even a dead one. No festivals, no shows, no bands, nothing. It totally sucks to be a musician here.

hmmm, I know guys who gig thru that area. Sounds fairly vibrate to me. What kind of music do you play and what types of places do you gig at?

• Members

so how would he know the music scene then? Hmmm.....

Not knowing something has yet to stop him from posting stuff as "fact" yet. He is a pure wealth of knowledge, get him to wire up your next cab!

In this instance he either means a venue shot down his sweet metal act or he played a house party and everyone left.

• Members

Still better than the local scene here. A hand full of screamtard punk bands, hipster coffe shop nerds, and a few cookie monster bands doing hall shows at civic centers / KC halls. Only people who show up are the bands & their 14 year old friends. REALLY lame.

Archived