Lets see the PEDLOLZ BOARDS of HCAF!

timmyfirst

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

icon_lol.gif Its all good. smile.gif

Yarbicus got his from me. biggrin.gif

Initially, I didn't care for it as it wasn't what I expected. (No, I can't tell you what I expected...because its pretty much a slightly gainer OCD from what videos and the interwebs say. I haven't tried an OCD myself)

After I agreed to trade to Yarbicus, I played around with it a bit more and discovered, oh yeah, this is a killer pedal for $40. icon_lol.gif Hell, it'd be a killer pedal for $80-90 at least!

I have too many OD/distortions as it is for a guy who doesn't play out and doesn't even play nearly enough. But...I'm pretty sure I'll get one of those again because for that money, its a handy pedal to have around.

It isn't bad at all and I agree with your consensus. Have you tried a Cool Cat OD v.1 from Danelectro? It was supposed to be an exact copy of one of the versions of an OCD. I think it sounds stellar, and they can be had for the $40 price range too...

Cole

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen

View Post

It isn't bad at all and I agree with your consensus. Have you tried a Cool Cat OD v.1 from Danelectro? It was supposed to be an exact copy of one of the versions of an OCD. I think it sounds stellar, and they can be had for the $40 price range too...

Cole

I have not. I've always seen rave reviews about them though. Aren't they in the plastic housing though? I'd be concerned my clumsy ass would destroy it. icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

I have not. I've always seen rave reviews about them though. Aren't they in the plastic housing though? I'd be concerned my clumsy ass would destroy it. icon_lol.gif

No they are solid metal! They are stout and I feel that it is built more rigid than a lot of pedals. The button is sturdy and the knobs are somewhat concealed by being placed on the back side. I highly recommend this one, as a matter of fact, I like it more than the Ultimate Drive.

20121013_191523.jpg

It looks plastic, but I assure it is metal!

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen

View Post

No they are solid metal! They are stout and I feel that it is built more rigid than a lot of pedals. The button is sturdy and the knobs are somewhat concealed by being placed on the back side. I highly recommend this one, as a matter of fact, I like it more than the Ultimate Drive.

20121013_191523.jpg

It looks plastic, but I assure it is metal!

Cole

Had one of those, too. icon_lol.gif

It is good but I feel that that Joyo is actually closer in tone to what I liked the OCD for. Good pedal, though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

View Post

And now I'm gassing for an Octaswitch. {censored}.

It is awesome! If you are serious about getting one, you might want to know that the Mk II version allows for channel switching on the amp [if it uses a 1/4" jack to switch channels]. I have the MkI and it works just fine for me as I only have a single channel amp. However, I have a channel switch that allows me to switch between to different volumes. That would be cool for me to be able to incorporate into my sound, but I can't see myself using it.

The cool thing about the Mk II version is that say you want to have a preset for your clean channel that uses a reverb pedal or delay pedal, you would be able to set it up so that when you switch the channel it automatically leaves the reverb or delay on [depending on what you pedals you want to have engaged]. It is without a doubt awesome, and the unit is all analog circuitry with a built in buffer [that can be engaged or disengaged - I leave mine off].

They are spendy, but if you use a lot of pedals, it makes things a lot easier to switch on/off. I also might add that there is no lag between preset channels and there is no popping when switching preset channels thumb.gif

So long story short... DO IT!

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus

View Post

Had one of those, too. icon_lol.gif

It is good but I feel that that Joyo is actually closer in tone to what I liked the OCD for. Good pedal, though.

Just goes to show that tone is subjective...

I actually just got rid of my MXR Custom Badass Modified OD because of how much I like the Danelectro... I traded it for the Pro Tone Thruster which is awesome for my Marshall. The Thruster was designed around the EP-3 Echoplex preamp, like the Xotic EP Booster... it is completely transparent, but pushes those tubes into glorious distortion without changing the core sound of my amp!

Cole

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RiffDaemon

View Post

Yeah, I read about the Mk II. I'm sold. icon_lol.gif

I was given the Octaswitch by my Organic Chemistry prof... Who I now can say is my very good friend and mentor!

He gave it to me because he didn't like using it and new that I would! He was right, I couldn't imagine not having it now...

I was lucky, because I probably would have never dropped the money on one of these, but now I can't live without it biggrin.gif

Cole

• Members

I don't have a recent pic,

But I am going to try to cram on my large board the following when I get back from holiday:

Hendrix Wah

TC Polytune

Lovepedal Amp50

Lovepedal Kalamazoo

Mad Professor Mighty Red

Red Witch Famulus

Fuchs Valve Job

ZVex Box Of Rock

MXR Classic 108 Fuzz

EQD Hoof Fuzz

Malekko Ekko 616

Suhr Isoboost

Not sure on the exact pedals or order, or even I it will fit, but something like that anyway. redface.gif

Archived