Lets see the PEDLOLZ BOARDS of HCAF!

timmyfirst

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my board layout changes depending on what band I'm with at the time etc, here's a couple of variations:

Live board for Police Bastard. The delay is a freebee from a magazine subscription, it's a Guitar Tech Analog Delay, and it's actually suprisingly good! I have a DD3, DD6 and a Marshall Echohead too, as well as delays in a Rocktron Xpression, think this is my favorite. Proppa fucked up spaceship noises on tap with this!

Bastardboard_zps256e7074.jpg

Rehearsal set up for Last Under The Sun: Usually use a Tele or LP Jr with this band, so the SD1 works better for me than a tubescreamer. DOD compressor/sustainer set to sustain for ebow-ish controlled feedback stuff. The KAOSS pad is in a true bypass loop, but now also with a mic so I can flip the input to it to do mad vocal stuff. That's got it's own stand now as well!

IMG_1323.jpg

Jilted Generation board: Power supply and AB switcher upgraded since this pic (PP2+ and Radial Bigshot ABY respectivly). Sansamp goes direct to desk for bass (via Bass Fuzz) and the Bad Monkey goes to a Pod XT Live for FX only.

Jiltedboard_zpsd848c06b.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Snappy Hat View Post
ya optical , not a bad wah.

You see the old thing 2 to the left of it? You "wah" by twisting your heel on that pad. lol
I only bought it because it was cheap, but it was a pretty cool wah.

I would have an accident with that heel wah thing, I would probably break my leg or something.
I will add you have a good collection of old boss pedals

• Members

This is what I'm using now, and I'm not 100% happy with it. My Fatboost power input is loose and starting to short out when wiggled the wrong way, although I do like the pedal. I don't like the SD-1 - it seems to thin out my signal any time I engage it, with any setting. I like the M9, but hate that I find all the overdrives and distortions unusable. The only things I really like are the rehoused Danelectro CTO v1 (red pedal) and the Ernie Ball wah. The blue pedal is my channel switcher.

photo-2-2.jpg

• Members

I don't have a closeup (yet), but this is it right now. I'm doing a Pink Floyd tribute show, so my board is usually a little less cluttered than this.

Front: TCE Tuner -> Modded MXR Phaser -> MicroLooper with controls the Green Rhino, Marshall Guv'nor & Ram's Head Muff -> ISP G-String

Loop: ISP G-String -> Carbon Coby -> Nova Repeater. I also have my Signature MultiFX pedal already shipped (pic below) that will go in the loop.

oct2012.jpg

Sig pedal
sulaco.jpg

Ram's Head (Comfortably Numb solo tone in a box)
muff.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
Dude, nice. Looks like a formidable post-rock board.
Thanks! close.

I play in a space rock/metal/punk/hardcore band (originals of course). icon_lol.gif

Since that picture, I've been using a Earthbound Supercollider instead of the VFE Muff/RAT & white light. Really, I just need a bigger board to hold all the cool junk I've got.

Also, today my TOL100 arrives! so that will get the non-fuzz dirty tones duty.
I want to put delay and verb in the loop....love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanmu

View Post

Curious...what do you think of the Ultimate Drive? How do you use it? I'm looking for a new drive/distortion for my board and this caught my eye.

I like it a lot. It is basically an OCD with a bit more gain. Very "amp like".

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9 View Post
Glad you like it dude. I think I need to get another one. (Ok, need is wrong....want. DO WANT!)
The Ultimate Drive is really pretty good... I didn't like the pot on it as it was very easy to move. The gain structure on it was pretty aggressive for an OD pedal. I personally found that I liked the switch in the up position, as it seemed to get too muddy for my setup in the down position. The Ultimate Drive is built pretty tough too, so you won't have to worry about the case getting beat up.

It does have an OCD vibe as I compared it directly to an OCD v.4. To me the OCD barely beat it out, but not by much. Before I sold my Ultimate Drive I compared it to a Danelectro Cool Cat OD v.1 and I preferred the sound of it more than the Ultimate Drive. The downside of the Cool Cat is that it doesn't have the toggle switch [for me it wasn't an issue, because the Cool Cat sounds similar to the toggle switch in the up mode on both the OCD and the Ultimate Drive].

These are some clips of the Ultimate Drive vs. the OCD
http://tonefinder.com/files/56-OCD%2...Humbuckers.mp3
http://tonefinder.com/files/27-Fullt...te%20Drive.mp3

EDIT: I just realized that you have tried the Ultimate Drive before facepalm.gif

Cole

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen View Post

EDIT: I just realized that you have tried the Ultimate Drive before facepalm.gif

Cole
icon_lol.gif Its all good. smile.gif

Yarbicus got his from me. biggrin.gif

Initially, I didn't care for it as it wasn't what I expected. (No, I can't tell you what I expected...because its pretty much a slightly gainer OCD from what videos and the interwebs say. I haven't tried an OCD myself)

After I agreed to trade to Yarbicus, I played around with it a bit more and discovered, oh yeah, this is a killer pedal for $40. icon_lol.gif Hell, it'd be a killer pedal for $80-90 at least!

I have too many OD/distortions as it is for a guy who doesn't play out and doesn't even play nearly enough. But...I'm pretty sure I'll get one of those again because for that money, its a handy pedal to have around.

Archived