Lets see the PEDLOLZ BOARDS of HCAF!

timmyfirst

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

How do you like the KOT, mang? Does it live up to the hype?

Also want to know.

Pete Thorns demos of it sound sick.

But everything he plays through sounds sick.

Maybe another case of tone is in the fingers idea.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by draelyc

View Post

How do you like the KOT, mang? Does it live up to the hype?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerine

View Post

Also want to know.

Pete Thorns demos of it sound sick.

But everything he plays through sounds sick.

Maybe another case of tone is in the fingers idea.gif

The KOT is an awesome OD/Boost, and I have some nice alternatives.

The left side is decidedly a boost - with a bit of subtle character. For comparison, a Beano is an awesome boost with a lot of character, the Timmy, an awesome boost with no added character (but great EQ). The right side is decidedly an OD, without a much hype, no mid boost, nor bass. It's one of those pedals that really brings out the sound of the amp rather than adding to it.

Folks say it sounds better with Fender style amps than Marshalls, and I would agree. It works great with Marshalls, but I think I might like something different with them a little more.

As to the hype, I think it's an awesome Boost/OD in one pedal. If you need both, it will sound great and maybe save some room. I think it's best to order one, and forget about it until your name comes up rather than paying extra to have one right now. When your name comes up, you can buy one or pass. If you buy one and don't like it, you will almost certainly get your money back. For my part, mine's not going anywhere. I wouldn't want to play a Fender style amp without one, and it works great with my Marshalls.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCustom

View Post

The KOT is an awesome OD/Boost, and I have some nice alternatives.

The left side is decidedly a boost - with a bit of subtle character. For comparison, a Beano is an awesome boost with a lot of character, the Timmy, an awesome boost with no added character (but great EQ). The right side is decidedly an OD, without a much hype, no mid boost, nor bass. It's one of those pedals that really brings out the sound of the amp rather than adding to it.

Folks say it sounds better with Fender style amps than Marshalls, and I would agree. It works great with Marshalls, but I think I might like something different with them a little more.

As to the hype, I think it's an awesome Boost/OD in one pedal. If you need both, it will sound great and maybe save some room. I think it's best to order one, and forget about it until your name comes up rather than paying extra to have one right now. When your name comes up, you can buy one or pass. If you buy one and don't like it, you will almost certainly get your money back. For my part, mine's not going anywhere. I wouldn't want to play a Fender style amp without one, and it works great with my Marshalls.

Excellent review ~ thanks! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

What's the AMT wah like? I have one waiting for me back in the UK icon_lol.gif

I've only had a few minutes time to mess around with it, but I like it. I got it for Paradise Lost style lead lines, so ymmv. Pretty easy to adjust for the small footprint though. I think I actually prefer it to a normal sized wah.

• Members

20120915_211414.jpg

Guitars -> Radial Dragster (mounted on the strap) -> rack: Shure UT-14 wireless -> FMR RNC 1773 compressor -> pedalboard: TS-9 Keeley Mod Plus -> ZVex Fuzz Factory -> Suhr Riot -> Fulltone Fat-Boost 1 -> Bad Cat 2-Tone preamp -> iSP Decimator -> Ernie Ball VPJR 6181 active volume pedal (with Boss TU-12H hooked) -> Boss DD-7 (splits signal in dry and wet) => Eventide TimeFactor => back to rack: dbx 215 stereo EQ => Fryette 2:90:2 => Mesa Boogie Standard Recto 4x12"

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by danut

View Post

20120915_211414.jpg

Guitars -> Radial Dragster (mounted on the strap) -> rack: Shure UT-14 wireless -> FMR RNC 1773 compressor -> pedalboard: TS-9 Keeley Mod Plus -> ZVex Fuzz Factory -> Suhr Riot -> Fulltone Fat-Boost 1 -> Bad Cat 2-Tone preamp -> iSP Decimator -> Ernie Ball VPJR 6181 active volume pedal (with Boss TU-12H hooked) -> Boss DD-7 (splits signal in dry and wet) => Eventide TimeFactor => back to rack: dbx 215 stereo EQ => Fryette 2:90:2 => Mesa Boogie Standard Recto 4x12"

Interesting, so you're using the cat cat 2 tone pedal as your "preamp"?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by danut

View Post

20120915_211414.jpg

Love it! Sweet rig! What are the mic clamps on the cab?

• Members

Latest build -- modified TS-808 with different clipping options.

IMG_5408.jpg

Finished a Timmy last night. I like it -- it really stacks well.

Current state of the board.

IMG_5444.jpg

Zakk Wylde wah

Boss TU3

The rest are clones:

Catalinbread Naga Viper

Modified Big Muff Pi with mids, input blend

Modified Proco Rat with clipping options and Ruetz mod sweep control

Modified TS-808 with clipping options

Skreddy Screwdriver Deluxe

Paul C Timmy with external clipping options switch

Deluxe Memory Man (Madbean Dirtbag Deluxe PCB)

AMZ mosfet boost

Built this handy dandy JFET matcher for when I build the MXR 45 clone with univibe option

IMG_5443.jpg

Next up:

MXR Phase 45 with univibe option

Klon Centaur

Homebrew reverb

Cornish buffer

MI Audio Crunch Box

Boss CE-2 chorus

Ross Compressor

Skreddy Lunar Module Deluxe

Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay

Then I'll actually work on some graphics. icon_lol.gif