Even if you hate Carvin...

Crunchtime

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary666

View Post

yeah, but the flame on that maple is epic. wonder how much extra that was.

$200. Kinda high but every one I've seen has been epic. No slacking here. I guess if it was to be a really special guitar to you it would be worth it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sleewell

View Post

Carvin guitars: almost as sweet as a PRS yet none of the resale value

{censored} PRS. {censored} is so inflated in price. I'd buy a carvin 10 times out of 10. I think Carvins look cooler too. I love mine.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Sheik_Yerbouti View Post
Am I the only person who buys a guitar because I like it and anticipate keeping it without giving a {censored} about "resale" value?
agreed, i never buy anything to sell it but its a consideration when they look basically the same.

if prs was gibson they would have sued carvin years ago.

• Members
Am I the only person who buys a guitar because I like it and anticipate keeping it without giving a {censored} about "resale" value?

i never bought or thought about buying anything with resale value in mind, i never understood that idea

• Members

I've had ALOT of Carvins over the years. They're not the great deals they used to be IMHO - prices have gradually crept upwards to the good deal category, not great deal (still alot of guitar for the money compared to PRS & GIbson, no arguement).

Biggest fail around is how guys spew about Carvins not having resale value. THis was true 10 years ago when I bought two figured topped Bolt hardtails for $420 & $450. Nowdays, they go for twice that on eBay EVERY {censored}ING TIME. I've searched eBay for epic deals - there aren't any anymore. Period. Ebay is filled with $1500 CT6's for $1100. Thats pretty much holding resale in my book. You will NOT see a CT6 for $600, which would be what I consider an epic deal & not holding resale ...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Chrisjd View Post
{censored} PRS. {censored} is so inflated in price. I'd buy a carvin 10 times out of 10. I think Carvins look cooler too. I love mine.
A Carvin that costs $1500 would be well over $2k if they had a a retail network they sold through, like PRS does. Plus, as a guy who owns both, my Carvin rocks, but it ain't a PRS.

No you aren't, I'm the same way. Thinking about resale is like admitting, "I'm going to get rid of this someday". Guitars =/= cars.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Crunchtime View Post
{censored}. When did you become a Carvinite? I thought you were stone cold ESP.
I pretty much am. After owning countless esp, ltd, schecter and ibanez, i have stayed with ESP/LTD and the occasional schecter.

I did pick up a custom carvin over the summer though, and it is an impeccable guitar.

IMAG0201.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

Archived