Quick review of my new Bogner Ecstasy Red pedal.

Nerine

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elric

View Post

LOL at people who refuse to play nothing but tube amps and then pay $300 for a box of transistors to act as the front end of their amp.

Use what sounds good to you, be happy. idea.gif

Most of my favourite sounds are valve amps pushed by solid state pedals, so I'll stick to that.

• Members

lol @ all the pedal hate icon_lol.gif

The demos of these sound incredible. $300 is pretty much spot on for a "boutique" twin channel drive, especially with the amount of options these have. I mean, I love to hate on Nerine as much as the next guy, but I still want an Ecstasy Blue

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Elric

View Post

LOL at people who refuse to play nothing but tube amps and then pay $300 for a box of transistors to act as the front end of their amp.

It's even worse than that - the Bogner XTC channel this thing is supposed to be mimicing is indeed all-tube. That said, $300 is a lot cheaper than $4K or whetever a new XTC is going for now - and if that pedal into a decent tube combo sounds anywhere close to a "real" XTC, it's a bargain...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dolf

View Post

The demos of these sound incredible. $300 is pretty much spot on for a "boutique" twin channel drive, especially with the amount of options these have. I mean, I love to hate on Nerine as much as the next guy, but I still want an Ecstasy Blue

is it amp-like?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Science!

View Post

1) Do it!

2) ?????

3) Profit

idn_smilie.gif

I am totally willing to put my dick on the table and do it.

I guesstimate it would run around $200 if i mod something prexisting it would be even cheaper (and then other people could do it too!).

Let me run an idea past you guys.

I start a kickstarter for those 200$, if it meets the goal I'll start a thread and film the entire mod/build process and include schematics ala the jca threads.

Great awesome idea or terrible, horrible idea?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapaugh

View Post

Great/awesome idea!thumb.gif

All the tube-based pedals I have owned and played have been mush.

Probably because they run at way lower voltages than an amp run. This one will run close to if not spot on to the voltages that a bogner runs at.

• Members

Ok so I got one of the reds. Initially I did feel that it's a bit noisy, but in comparison with the actual XTC Classic I'd say it's about the same, honeslty.. But I've just spent a bunch of time playing it into my XTC Classic on the blue channel set to plexi and a/b'ing it to the actual red channel. I'd say I can probably get it sounding 90% of the way there though the actual red channel is still obviously better. Still, that was the point of me getting one, to be able to replicate my bogner rig as close as possible when playing backline amps or combos. I'm playing with two bands at HOB this Sunday and it is all backlined so I'll be bringing this on my pedalboard to try out. We'll see, but I do agree it is very "amp-like." It also has a lot of gain IMO. I'm sort of thinking of getting a blue as well with the idea that I'd return the one I like least but the risk there is I'd want to keep both wink.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Edge11

View Post

I am totally willing to put my dick on the table and do it.

I guesstimate it would run around $200 if i mod something prexisting it would be even cheaper (and then other people could do it too!).

Let me run an idea past you guys.

I start a kickstarter for those 200$, if it meets the goal I'll start a thread and film the entire mod/build process and include schematics ala the jca threads.

Great awesome idea or terrible, horrible idea?

Good idea

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dolf

View Post

Yea, after watching the videos I really want a Blue. I've never played an actual Ecstasy but these sound awesome

Archived