Quick review of my new Bogner Ecstasy Red pedal.

Nerine

• Members

I read the TGP thread and it seems people are having significant noise issues with some of the Red Pedals. Now remember this it TGP, but it certainly seems like it's not isolated and has been noted when red pedals are compared side by side with the same settings. Makes me think holding off might be a good idea until this gets sorted out.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Science! View Post
TGP guys aren't happy unless they can hear a mouse fart over the volume of their rig while they aren't playing.
they also never play in a band setting. noise is part of the game, dont fight it embrace it. its not like you can hear it when the band is all playing.

lots of them in the classifieds over there already. that is always funny.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
they also never play in a band setting. noise is part of the game, dont fight it embrace it. its not like you can hear it when the band is all playing.

lots of them in the classifieds over there already. that is always funny.
I figured it would happen, and maybe I got a "good one". idn_smilie.gif My Red isn't going anywhere....Totally_jammin_out.gif

I've used the Red for gigs. It's no louder at idle than my Egnater TOL100's high gain channels. Definitely can't be heard while playing, and isn't noticeable at gig volume.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ShaneV2 View Post
I'm looking for an amp with the most pedal like feel, need suggestions. Looking for a Boss metal zone in a much bigger box amp.
Engl Powerball.

I hate distortion pedals, and even I think these Bogner pedals are awesome. You can set the Red up for high gain, and roll off your guitar's volume knob and get clean. The dynamics are almost (but not quite) on par with my Fryette heads.

Archived