Most exotic food you have ever eaten or want to eat.

Snappy Hat

• Members

I was gonna start my own thread...but this one's already here...

Mrs Abstract fixed duck last night. I LOVE her duck.

We have some duck fat that solidified on top of the gravy. I'm going to mix that with a pound of venison and have...

Venison and Duck fat hamburgers tonight.
:love:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also to answer the question...

I've eaten
Horse
Alligator
Deer
Duck
Eel
Calf stomach (tripas)

Not sure which is the "most" exotic.

I want to eat Whale...a big fat steak.
And I'd love to try a big piece of Wagyu Beef. (fairly exotic, even though it comes from a cow)

• Members
:love:

I'm jelly.

My Broe is a Hunting guide at a Duck / Goose hunting club in Ballard County Ky (some of the best duck / goose hunting in the world. Lots of rich business men & a handfull of celebs do alot of hunting there) . He usually gives me alot of the meat that the guys he guides end up letting him have. Me & him have made some great foods with Duck & goose. Especialls stews / soups.

I can make a meal just out of frying it up.

• Members

Also to answer the question...

I've eaten

Horse

Alligator

Deer

Duck

Eel

Calf stomach (tripas)

Not sure which is the "most" exotic.

I want to eat Whale...a big fat steak.

And I'd love to try a big piece of Wagyu Beef. (fairly exotic, even though it comes from a cow)

what kind of eel??? I've had Moray and regular fresh water eels... though.. I really don't consider eel that exotic considering it's standard fair in more sushi restaurants.. Moray was surprisingly good... VERY white meat... it's just a bitch to clean and skin

• Members

Raw horse is probably the most unusal thing I've eaten. Not sure I would call it exotic but definitely not something many people have a chance to eat. Had it at some sushi place in Japan travelling on business. They were serving all kinds of crazy {censored} at that meal. Live octopus and {censored}. I ate everything they served....but finally said "No thanks" when they brought a piece of raw chicken. :freak:

Not sure I'd consider rabbit that exotic. Fairly common in many circles. There was a joint here that used to do a braised rabbit that was {censored}ing fabulous. It closed. :cry:

• Members

I wish I had some wild rabbit. You can buy rabbit in grocery stores here, but it isnt as good.

We used to be over run with rabbits, but they are all either dying off, or moving to other places. I have only seen a small handfull around my place since it flooded last year. Hunters say the rabbit population has been declining for a while.

• Members

Emu is the strangest thing I've eaten and it was interesting. I've had turtle, gator, mountain goat (sausage YUM!) elk, deer (eat this all the time) bison, mountain oysters (battered and fried...tasted like fish) and any other game animal around north america (rabbit, squirrel etc...) Emu was by far the oddest meat. Looked like beef with a deep red color but was the texture of chicken breast only sweeter...too sweet for my taste honestly.

• Members

I'll jump in;

- Squid
- Caviar (taste like poo)
- Grouper
- Some weird battered creatures, not exactly sure what they were, but had this platter in neworleans, and everything was battered/deep-fried. Pretty sure most of it was bayoo food.
- Beer count? Had this pumpkin/halloween ale at this micro brewry in littlerock. Was ok.

Oh.. and raw seal. In Iqualuit Nunavut. K i lied, didn't eat it, was pretty gross. Friends ate it though.

Looks like this:

seal_skinning_570.jpg

You end up with blood all around your mouth after chewing on that. Looks pretty gross :freak:

• Members

I've eaten pretty much everything that's edible in SE Asia. Did a JEST package there. Would have starved to death had I not been willing to eat stuff that'd make the average suburbanite puke.

Ironically, bugs, snakes, grubs, monkeys, and all that served up with minimal or no prep don't gross me out anywhere near as much as the idea of eating at McDonalds knowing what I do about modern slaughterhouses and whatnot.

Whenever I was traveling I always ate the local fare. I'd stick to stuff that was cooked as you'll get dysentery from eating raw veggies unless you're very careful how they're washed. I miss those little food carts selling mystery meat goodies you find everywhere lol.

• Members
what kind of eel??? I've had Moray and regular fresh water eels... though.. I really don't consider eel that exotic considering it's standard fair in more sushi restaurants.. Moray was surprisingly good... VERY white meat... it's just a bitch to clean and skin

I'm pretty sure it was freshwater.

My wifes father loved it and we ate it a ton when I was in Germany. He would buy it (and I would eat it :) ).

Very fatty and white. This was smoked. Tiny little bones.

On bread and butter...

Delicious.

Looked like:
800px-Gerookte_paling.jpeg

• Members

I'm not particularly adventuresome about food. I have eaten and LOVE wild boar. Bison is also excellent.

I forgot about wild boar! It's awesome. I was in Italy in the summer and they eat a lot of it in Tuscany. I bought some seriously awesome wild boar salami. Mmmmmmm

I also ate a Taco Bell once, but I'm not really sure if that counts as food....

• Members
I'm pretty sure it was freshwater.

My wifes father loved it and we ate it a ton when I was in Germany. He would buy it (and I would eat it
:)
).

Very fatty and white. This was smoked. Tiny little bones.

On bread and butter...

Delicious.

Looked like:

800px-Gerookte_paling.jpeg

:love: I absolutely LOVE smoked eel :love:

another Dutch specialty which is not to be missed:

Fresh Herring (raw) with chopped onions

haring.jpg

funnily enough, I have no trouble with raw fish, but not so good with other seafood

Archived