Most exotic food you have ever eaten or want to eat.

Snappy Hat

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

alligator

raw octopus.

Mahi Mahi

high probability of dog. There was an asian buffet around here where the owner's house was raided because of a bad smell. Bad smell turned out to be dogs/cats they had reportedly butchered and were feeding to the residents. Could be folklore, but the buffet house closed soon after that.

The good news though is that a Hawaiian bbq place opened up and I can now get spam musubi.

• Members

Not tosound like an internet tough guy or like I'm bragging or some {censored}, but straight up if it's indegenous to North America I've probably had it, no joke, you name it and I've eaten it...I'm sure there are a efw things that I'm missing that I never ate but straight up I've pretty mucheaten just about everything indegenous to North America...

Long story short, it started when I was a kid, a guy I grew up in my neighborhood had a dad that with a was a hunter/trapper and always had all kinds of whacky assed meat that he would cook up...I ermember being really young and scared as hell when he offered me DEER meat, little did I know what was to come!!! LOL Of course it could've been all chicken and beef and he could;ve just beeen saying it was {censored} like alligator, crawfish, ostrich, bear, buffflao, snake, frogs legs, pheasent, etc. etc. but I tended to belive him as he went out on hunting trips all over the US and Canada and would always have {censored} he killed shipped back frozen or smoked....

Also as far as "exotic" goes my fav cusine is Indian, by FAR!!! I can't get enough of it, though all the Indian food I've had has always been beef or chicken....

Also, as far as exotic {censored} I WANT to eat, there isn't much out there, sure there are a few things I've seen Andrew Zimmern eat that I'd like to eat just for the bragging rights, but TBH there really isn't anything out there that I haven't tried that I really want to...well actually there are a few things I'd really like to try for the aforementioned bragging rights, of course, but striahgt up no joke it would be more for my curiosity on how it actually tastes) but I don't want to offend anyone, all I can say is that some of the meat I want to try is commonly eaten in other countries daily....

• Members

I gotta check walmart for bison.

I didnt list eels because to me its just unagi , the best tasting cooked fish at any sushi place.

Has a sweet sauce , I love it. I have tried but dont care for most raw sushi. Just unagi, salmon eggs (ikura) and

cooked egg (tamago) .

Unagi.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by madrigal77

View Post

My gf at the time was Chinese, and she said "we don't eat that, it's for the Koreans". Later on, I dated Korean girl, and she said "we don't eat that, it's for the Chinese" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I dated a Japanese girl for a short while here in LA. She gave me the rundown on the racial pecking order. I can't type her comments (they were hilarious) cuz I'd get bant for using words that you can't use here but they were basically(from top to bottom)

Japanese

(huge gap)

Chinese

Koreans

Vietnamese

I have no idea where white or black people fit in on that scale. I can guess though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues

View Post

I dated a Japanese girl for a short while here in LA. She gave me the rundown on the racial pecking order. I can't type her comments (they were hilarious) cuz I'd get bant for using words that you can't use here but they were basically(from top to bottom)

Japanese

(huge gap)

Chinese

Koreans

Vietnamese

I have no idea where white or black people fit in on that scale. I can guess though.

Black and white people are not on the scale at all.

and it's actualy

Japanese

Vietnamese

Koreans

Chinese

They really are pretty {censored}ty to Chinese. Its like you guys are with Mexicans biggrin.gif and the brits with the Polish.

• Members

Weirdest I have eaten was tepezcuintle. My mom is from Honduras, and we ate it while visiting Central America. I think we were in Costa Rica at the time, but I'm not positive. It's like a giant rat:

7167999963_b6b74f8632.jpg

and some perspective for the size:

63795d1330651769-cuanto-le-calculan-este

It tasted OK. I find a lot of wild game tastes similar, and this was no exception. I would never taste something and think "tepezcuintle". I'll try pretty much anything once. Except for human and apparently fried {censored}.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neilrocks25

View Post

Black and white people are not on the scale at all.

and it's actualy

Japanese

Vietnamese

Koreans

Chinese

They really are pretty {censored}ty to Chinese. Its like you guys are with Mexicans biggrin.gif and the brits with the Polish.

She was VERY adamant about rating the Koreans and Vietnamese lower than the Chinese. And her opinion of the Chinese was as low as it could get. Lol.

That said I'd have the say the strangest thing I've ever eaten was that girl. tongue.gif Her pubic hair was ruler straight and looked like Ho Chi Minhs beard. eek.gif But jet black.

I'm not sure if I read you wrong but you said "you guys" referring to the Chinese. I'm white as rice. But grew up in a neighbourhood where there were LOTS of Chinese and Japanese families. I used to be able to swear in Cantonese when I was young. I've forgotten almost all of it though. I just learned the phrases phonetically and never really "knew" them.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny'sGotTheBlues

View Post

She was VERY adamant about rating the Koreans and Vietnamese lower than the Chinese. And her opinion of the Chinese was as low as it could get. Lol.

That said I'd have the say the strangest thing I've ever eaten was that girl. tongue.gif Her pubic hair was ruler straight and looked like Ho Chi Minhs beard. eek.gif But jet black.

I'm not sure if I read you wrong but you said "you guys" referring to the Chinese. I'm white as rice. But grew up in a neighbourhood where there were LOTS of Chinese and Japanese families. I used to be able to swear in Cantonese when I was young. I've forgotten almost all of it though. I just learned the phrases phonetically and never really "knew" them.

Being that he's British, I think he means Americans.

• Members

Roasted crickets

Raw sea urchin, which can either be exquisite or have the approximate consistency of dog diarrhea and probably taste worse

Alligator, and no, it didn't taste like chicken

Tongue--I think it was cow tongue, but might have been venison. Had that when I was a kid.

Bison is yummy and way healthier to eat than beef. They used to sell it in my local supermarket when I lived in the ghetto part of Beverly Hills.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleTrails

View Post

Raw sea urchin, which can either be exquisite or have the approximate consistency of dog diarrhea and probably taste worse

Ugh, I can't stand uni. Only time I've ever come close to throwing up in a restaurant was when I tried that {censored}. I steer people away from that at sushi restaurants. It's pretty much the snot from when you have a sinus infection.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Killa J

View Post

Ugh, I can't stand uni. Only time I've ever come close to throwing up in a restaurant was when I tried that {censored}. I steer people away from that at sushi restaurants. It's pretty much the snot from when you have a sinus infection.

Except when it is good, it's great. I've also done the gag thing more than once, though.

• Members

Dog in Bali

Deep fried insects in Thailand

Live huhu grub in Nz (above post)

Deep fried sparrow heads in Singapore

Cows cock and balls in Hong Kong (in a soup)

Cold mc donnalds fries

so what does dog taste like?

I have to add to my Chinese friend stories about dog. She told me that in china its a big yellow dog thats used for

meat they would never eat the breeds they have as pets. So theres pet dogs and food dogs.

Archived