Senator Frankenstein's proposed 2013 Assault Weapons Ban

Mesa4x12er2

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Sadly I am actually completely in favor of banning the WBC and installing breathalyzers. All this gun debate truly did remind me of how many innocents die every year at the hands of morons that like to party. I love partying but not when driving.

I can see this being a possible reality, but there's also going to be bypasses invented. Nature of the beast, but I think it's a good start. I've gone from being a guy who wants to strike a man down if he gets a DUI, to a guy that says "eh, it's just his first one; everybody gets a second chance'. facepalm.gif Mainly because so many people I know have gotten DUIs, I've possibly become desensitized to it. Personally I see DUI as a bigger problem than guns. Sure, I'm biased being a gun owner and a non-drinker, but that's what I see . . .

• Members

View Post

Sadly I am actually completely in favor of banning the WBC and installing breathalyzers. All this gun debate truly did remind me of how many innocents die every year at the hands of morons that like to party. I love partying but not when driving.

I can see this being a possible reality, but there's also going to be bypasses invented. Nature of the beast, but I think it's a good start. I've gone from being a guy who wants to strike a man down if he gets a DUI, to a guy that says "eh, it's just his first one; everybody gets a second chance'. facepalm.gif Mainly because so many people I know have gotten DUIs, I've possibly become desensitized to it. Personally I see DUI as a bigger problem than guns. Sure, I'm biased being a gun owner and a non-drinker, but that's what I see . . .

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

It only takes one time to cause irreversible damage to a family. I know lots of people, good people, that have gotten them as well not knowing they were over the limit. Ignition interlock could prevent a lot of dui's. the people that circumvent the device should face huge penalties for knowingly bypassing the control.

• Members

View Post

It only takes one time to cause irreversible damage to a family. I know lots of people, good people, that have gotten them as well not knowing they were over the limit. Ignition interlock could prevent a lot of dui's. the people that circumvent the device should face huge penalties for knowingly bypassing the control.

• Members

View Post

Personally I see DUI as a bigger problem than guns. Sure, I'm biased being a gun owner and a non-drinker, but that's what I see . . .

Well since it would take 40-50 years of rifle homicide to equal one year of drunk driving homicide I'd say you're right. Alcohol doesn't even have the benefit of imploding a {censored}heads face either. Well I guess you could but it would have to be a full bottle and you'd need to throw that bitch HARD! icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

Personally I see DUI as a bigger problem than guns. Sure, I'm biased being a gun owner and a non-drinker, but that's what I see . . .

Well since it would take 40-50 years of rifle homicide to equal one year of drunk driving homicide I'd say you're right. Alcohol doesn't even have the benefit of imploding a {censored}heads face either. Well I guess you could but it would have to be a full bottle and you'd need to throw that bitch HARD! icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

This doesn't affect your right to arm yourself with a shotgun or other legitimate home defense tool in the slightest. It affects the crazies that want to arm themselves with unnecessarily efficient, violent death machines under the guide of self defense. Much like the reason civilians can't own nuclear weapons or RPG's.

Understandable, but if the ban takes place, and years down the road the good guys give up their AR-15s, then some nut job comes in with an AR-15 and a few loaded mags to shoot the place up, and all we have to defend ourselves is . . . . a shotgun with maybe 7 rounds in it? freak.gif Doesn't make me feel safe one bit. Of course, if guys start showing up with RPGs and grenades then that elevates the game, but I don't see that being a reality.

How about . . . . why do we sell/make Corvettes, Lambos, etc.? The highest legal speed limit is what, 75, 80mph? Any car can go that fast, why do you *need* a car that can double, maybe triple the legal speed limits? Can't burn out from a stop light, can't race on the streets, but we still sell those cars. I don't look at sports cars owners and start cringing wondering when they'll stomp the gas and wipe out a family crossing the street. We don't *need* semi-automatic rifles with 30-round magazines, but that doesn't mean we necessarily shouldn't. May be reaching here, but I view it similarly.

• Members

View Post

This doesn't affect your right to arm yourself with a shotgun or other legitimate home defense tool in the slightest. It affects the crazies that want to arm themselves with unnecessarily efficient, violent death machines under the guide of self defense. Much like the reason civilians can't own nuclear weapons or RPG's.

Understandable, but if the ban takes place, and years down the road the good guys give up their AR-15s, then some nut job comes in with an AR-15 and a few loaded mags to shoot the place up, and all we have to defend ourselves is . . . . a shotgun with maybe 7 rounds in it? freak.gif Doesn't make me feel safe one bit. Of course, if guys start showing up with RPGs and grenades then that elevates the game, but I don't see that being a reality.

How about . . . . why do we sell/make Corvettes, Lambos, etc.? The highest legal speed limit is what, 75, 80mph? Any car can go that fast, why do you *need* a car that can double, maybe triple the legal speed limits? Can't burn out from a stop light, can't race on the streets, but we still sell those cars. I don't look at sports cars owners and start cringing wondering when they'll stomp the gas and wipe out a family crossing the street. We don't *need* semi-automatic rifles with 30-round magazines, but that doesn't mean we necessarily shouldn't. May be reaching here, but I view it similarly.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

I lol'd a hearty laugh biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

I lol'd a hearty laugh biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

I'll steal yours if you can steal mine. Or maybe we could get in a car and punch each other a few times and then say we were mugged by canadians...

[private sale to] "Juan Don Feliz" [/private sale to]

thumb.gif

Then it's alllllll good. icon_lol.gif

Everyone I know told me, "don't buy guns legal, get them with the serial #'s scratched," and I dismissed it as tin foil hat bull{censored}. I always did it legal. Now, I see why. I completely understand and from this point forward and behave the same way with purchases.

• Members

View Post

I'll steal yours if you can steal mine. Or maybe we could get in a car and punch each other a few times and then say we were mugged by canadians...

thumb.gif

Everyone I know told me, "don't buy guns legal, get them with the serial #'s scratched," and I dismissed it as tin foil hat bull{censored}. I always did it legal. Now, I see why. I completely understand and from this point forward and behave the same way with purchases.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

thumb.gif

Yeah good idea. No one is gonna believe some {censored} moosehead canadian jumped a couple muricans. BTW it's weird you mention Don Juan Feliz. I'm pretty sure I sold him my SCAR.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

thumb.gif

Yeah good idea. No one is gonna believe some {censored} moosehead canadian jumped a couple muricans. BTW it's weird you mention Don Juan Feliz. I'm pretty sure I sold him my SCAR.

• Members

View Post

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test

Banning firearms with

• Members

View Post

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

120 specifically-named firearms

Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:

Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test

Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test

Banning firearms with

• Members

Serious (or as serious as this thread is going to get) legal question.

If you see a drunk driver, can you shoot him and not be held legally responsible? Or let's remove guns totally, and can you run someone off the road, into a jersey barrier if they are drunk, and avoid legal reprocussions?

• Members

Serious (or as serious as this thread is going to get) legal question.

If you see a drunk driver, can you shoot him and not be held legally responsible? Or let's remove guns totally, and can you run someone off the road, into a jersey barrier if they are drunk, and avoid legal reprocussions?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I agree with the bolded part for all weapons.

The rest of it is pure garbage...

Why do you agree with the bolded part? Are you familiar with the NFA? Registration is one thing. NFA registration is a whole different ballgame. The only reason to go NFA is to tax the {censored} out of it. Are we trying to make people safer here or just cost me a bunch of money just because?

Archived