Senator Frankenstein's proposed 2013 Assault Weapons Ban

Mesa4x12er2

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

I agree you need firearms and have a right to them. I just want similar licenses for their use to those of pilot licenses. No more no less.

I don't disagree with ya dave. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but I needed licenses in CA for my guns. Is it not like that elsewhere?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

I agree you need firearms and have a right to them. I just want similar licenses for their use to those of pilot licenses. No more no less.

I don't disagree with ya dave. I don't know how it is elsewhere, but I needed licenses in CA for my guns. Is it not like that elsewhere?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Nope. Just need a license to actually carry it here in TX. I'm not against registration as long as their is a limit to what they can do with it. What way could we do this where it wouldn't be used to abuse things?

• Members

View Post

Nope. Just need a license to actually carry it here in TX. I'm not against registration as long as their is a limit to what they can do with it. What way could we do this where it wouldn't be used to abuse things?

• Members

View Post

Not even close. Here in Texas you can walk in a gunshow and buy whatever you want as long as its a private sale or the dealer has lost their license and needs to liquidate existing stock.

• Members

View Post

Not even close. Here in Texas you can walk in a gunshow and buy whatever you want as long as its a private sale or the dealer has lost their license and needs to liquidate existing stock.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

You don't even need a license to carry in your car anymore. Only concealed in public places.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

You don't even need a license to carry in your car anymore. Only concealed in public places.

• Members

Well, in CA we need to pass a class/test for rifles and handguns, respectively.

To me, that wasn't overbearing. I would have liked to see it harder tbh. Like a target course as well. Along with some sort of education like we do for our driver's licenses. Show videos and pictures of what Lin of death a gun can bring.

Then again, it all comes back to the sad truth that the ones we need to keep the guns from wont see any of it or have to take a test as they're attaining them through other avenues.

I grew up with CA's regulation and its not a shocker to me that you need a permit to sneeze. I guess the rest of the country is starting to see what it's like and not taking it well.

My only complaint is the recent website that showed all the people with gun licenses in NY. That was invasive.

But then again, if you're a pilot, all your information is made public as well (address, ratings, medical status, etc), right out in the open.

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

To me, that wasn't overbearing. I would have liked to see it harder tbh. Like a target course as well. Along with some sort of education like we do for our driver's licenses. Show videos and pictures of what Lin of death a gun can bring.

Then again, it all comes back to the sad truth that the ones we need to keep the guns from wont see any of it or have to take a test as they're attaining them through other avenues.

I grew up with CA's regulation and its not a shocker to me that you need a permit to sneeze. I guess the rest of the country is starting to see what it's like and not taking it well.

My only complaint is the recent website that showed all the people with gun licenses in NY. That was invasive.

But then again, if you're a pilot, all your information is made public as well (address, ratings, medical status, etc), right out in the open.

idn_smilie.gif

• Members

View Post

idn_smilie.gif

That's what you have to do to get your CHL here in TX.

• Members

View Post

idn_smilie.gif

That's what you have to do to get your CHL here in TX.

• Members

See, I've lived in CA, NY and TX. Had my guns at every state and never had anyone "take yer guns."

Like I said, I can see why people from states that previously had no rules are flipping their {censored}.

Out here, it's just another day in paradise. :whistle Yankee Doodle:

• Members

See, I've lived in CA, NY and TX. Had my guns at every state and never had anyone "take yer guns."

Like I said, I can see why people from states that previously had no rules are flipping their {censored}.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheRymanChu

View Post

Real hunters need telescoping stocks and 50 round magazines, amirite?

Never understood this way of thinking...

So many people are killed by drunk drivers, should we ban booze? No.

Does anyone need a huge ass gas guzzling SUV/Truck? Should we ban them? No.

Should we just give up those rights? No. The point is the right to bear arms is our second amendment right. To give that up is ridiculous. I feel bad for the victims of gun violence, as I feel sorry for those who die in senseless wars, drunk driving accidents, diseases, etc. But life isn't fair sometimes. We need to put our energy towards other ways of preventing gun violence. Banning certain types of weapons will not stop violence from happening. A psycho is going to kill no matter what. Using whatever weapon he can get his hands on.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheRymanChu

View Post

Real hunters need telescoping stocks and 50 round magazines, amirite?

Should we just give up those rights? No. The point is the right to bear arms is our second amendment right. To give that up is ridiculous. I feel bad for the victims of gun violence, as I feel sorry for those who die in senseless wars, drunk driving accidents, diseases, etc. But life isn't fair sometimes. We need to put our energy towards other ways of preventing gun violence. Banning certain types of weapons will not stop violence from happening. A psycho is going to kill no matter what. Using whatever weapon he can get his hands on.

• Members

View Post

really? you see this as just adding some rules?

• Members

View Post

really? you see this as just adding some rules?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mikenothing

View Post

Do we need to start looking at something more 'radical' like how we treat mental illness? Gaw'd no..."they took 'r guns" is far more headline grabbing innit?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mikenothing

View Post

Do we need to start looking at something more 'radical' like how we treat mental illness? Gaw'd no..."they took 'r guns" is far more headline grabbing innit?

Archived