Senator Frankenstein's proposed 2013 Assault Weapons Ban

Mesa4x12er2

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I agree with the bolded part for all weapons.

The rest of it is pure garbage...

Why do you agree with the bolded part? Are you familiar with the NFA? Registration is one thing. NFA registration is a whole different ballgame. The only reason to go NFA is to tax the {censored} out of it. Are we trying to make people safer here or just cost me a bunch of money just because?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

I'm on the fence with it, but we license/register cars so it shouldn't be viewed as any different. However, that won't stop them from being used illegally.

• Members

View Post

I'm on the fence with it, but we license/register cars so it shouldn't be viewed as any different. However, that won't stop them from being used illegally.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diocide

View Post

Serious (or as serious as this thread is going to get) legal question.

If you see a drunk driver, can you shoot him and not be held legally responsible? Or let's remove guns totally, and can you run someone off the road, into a jersey barrier if they are drunk, and avoid legal reprocussions?

If you could prove he was an imminent threat to someone at that moment then yes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by diocide

View Post

Serious (or as serious as this thread is going to get) legal question.

If you see a drunk driver, can you shoot him and not be held legally responsible? Or let's remove guns totally, and can you run someone off the road, into a jersey barrier if they are drunk, and avoid legal reprocussions?

If you could prove he was an imminent threat to someone at that moment then yes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

How do you think they get in the hands of these bad guys?

Yes, gun guys that tout the loopholes on how to "lose" guns or have them stolen will inevitably lead to crazier legislation that won't benefit anyone.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

Yes, gun guys that tout the loopholes on how to "lose" guns or have them stolen will inevitably lead to crazier legislation that won't benefit anyone.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

I'm about to legislate my "gun" into your ass. How's that for a loophole?

• Members

View Post

I'm about to legislate my "gun" into your ass. How's that for a loophole?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

Why do you agree with the bolded part? Are you familiar with the NFA? Registration is one thing. NFA registration is a whole different ballgame. The only reason to go NFA is to tax the {censored} out of it. Are we trying to make people safer here or just cost me a bunch of money just because?

I'm not familiar with the taxes involved, no. I just don't like the idea of guns being unregistered/untraceable. Having them registered obviously won't solve all the issues, but it sure beats the alternative.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

I'm not familiar with the taxes involved, no. I just don't like the idea of guns being unregistered/untraceable. Having them registered obviously won't solve all the issues, but it sure beats the alternative.

• Members

View Post

Well, the simple fact is I actually need/use my guns for purpose. I don't have a safe filled with guns with a swastika poster draped over them. I don't even really, "like" them. But, it's a tool like anything else.

I hunt every now and then, only when I have a taste for wild game (which is seriously almost never).

I have to use my guns to control coyotes stealing livestock, boars uprooting Ag crops, stray aggressive dogs and as a protector to the {censored}ing loons that drop off burning cars and bodies out on our roads.

I wish I didn't need them- but the fact is, I do.

• Members

View Post

Well, the simple fact is I actually need/use my guns for purpose. I don't have a safe filled with guns with a swastika poster draped over them. I don't even really, "like" them. But, it's a tool like anything else.

I hunt every now and then, only when I have a taste for wild game (which is seriously almost never).

I have to use my guns to control coyotes stealing livestock, boars uprooting Ag crops, stray aggressive dogs and as a protector to the {censored}ing loons that drop off burning cars and bodies out on our roads.

• Members

View Post

• Members

View Post

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Then how are you affected by my proposal to register guns?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Cohn

View Post

Then how are you affected by my proposal to register guns?

• Members

View Post

Some states require registration. Basically a database of who has what. Then there is NFA. This is what suppressors, and sawed off shotguns, shortbarrels, and class 3 machineguns are under. As it stands there is a $200 tax stamp that goes along with all of the other regulations etc which I would be willing to be will go up. It seems to me they are trying to rake in some cash and basically force people to either become a criminal by not registering NFA or breaking your bank. They are saying even each magazine would be an NFA item. So if you have even a small collection of {censored} you're looking at many thousands of dollars.

• Members

View Post

Some states require registration. Basically a database of who has what. Then there is NFA. This is what suppressors, and sawed off shotguns, shortbarrels, and class 3 machineguns are under. As it stands there is a $200 tax stamp that goes along with all of the other regulations etc which I would be willing to be will go up. It seems to me they are trying to rake in some cash and basically force people to either become a criminal by not registering NFA or breaking your bank. They are saying even each magazine would be an NFA item. So if you have even a small collection of {censored} you're looking at many thousands of dollars.

Archived