Senator Frankenstein's proposed 2013 Assault Weapons Ban

Mesa4x12er2

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er2

View Post

icon_lol.gif As ridiculous as the NRA is it seems these days the average citizen is an even bigger dumbass if only just because they know 0 about the issue they are bitching about. PS I'm conflicted. I love.gif you but I also kind of want to slap you so I don't know what to do. icon_lol.gif

If both sides want to hide behind ridiculous justifications then I will join the lesser of the two evils from my perspective. Being a rational person got me insults and hatred, so I may as well fall back on what I'm really good at. This is a fight I can win every time. More importantly, in the wake of the most recent tragedies the people making law will also win because their opposition, the ones who claim to speak for you as a gun owner, are unwilling to compromise in the least. Look at Larry. He wants a self policing society where everyone has guns. When presented with questions his only reaction was hatred and insults. When presented with what I believed were valid areas to improve gun control he responded with extreme paranoia. An all or nothing response, if you will.

If its all or nothing and we respond only with insults and hatred then I will win. Every. Time.

Some ridiculous law is about to be passed. No amount of arguing is going to stop it. People like Larry are about to become the criminals they claim to stand against and we will all find out their vigilante behaviors are only limited to their version of the law. Enjoy being a law breaking citizen, Larry. Maybe the police will shoot you when they are trying to do their job and arrest you for illegal guns. I'll be the one clueing them in to raving lunatics. I hope they offer a cash reward to really entice others to turn their friends and neighbors in.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

View Post

So tell me how any of those things stop a mass killer? Legally I will own these weapons. I will just be taxed for them. Or I could just say {censored} that and never report them. Or I could just go get juan from the boader to get me whatever etc etc etc etc. They aren't going anywhere. And honestly if somehow we could just zap all guns out of existence I think you'd see a lot more bombings like you see in other parts of the world when technology is inconvenient. As bad as a mass shooting can be, I don't even want to see the new norm be bombs. I mean {censored}.

Read my posts in this thread. The law doesn't have to make sense. We're now just turning your own logic on you.

• Members

View Post

So tell me how any of those things stop a mass killer? Legally I will own these weapons. I will just be taxed for them. Or I could just say {censored} that and never report them. Or I could just go get juan from the boader to get me whatever etc etc etc etc. They aren't going anywhere. And honestly if somehow we could just zap all guns out of existence I think you'd see a lot more bombings like you see in other parts of the world when technology is inconvenient. As bad as a mass shooting can be, I don't even want to see the new norm be bombs. I mean {censored}.

Read my posts in this thread. The law doesn't have to make sense. We're now just turning your own logic on you.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

it's the only thing CNN and Huffington Post tells them snacks.gif

that, and never having owned/handled one without lying about it online

I'm not "anti-gun" though I love taking the piss out of gun loons. This is one that cracks me up...you don't drink my Kool-Aid, so you've never shot a gun.

I grew up with guns everywhere. My father was a complete gun nut. I shot everyday. I helped repair and modify guns. I hunted.

And I still think gun nuts are {censored}ing idiots.

All of your justifications are action movie masturbatory fantasies, and you don't give a {censored} about human life. You've elevated a {censored}ing metal device to the status of a god and frankly, I think most of you are terrified of your own shadows and severely lacking in sexual prowess.

Pissed off about the reactionary solutions? Try coming up with some of your own that actually treat the sickness. When I see the NRA come out and say that we need universal health care, we need to do something about all of the inequality in this country, we need to go after the culture of violence, and we need to end the war on drugs then I might take them seriously. They represent gun companies, not gun owners. It's all about the dollar to them and you toolboxes lap it up.

Also, {censored} like this sends gun sales through the roof. Everytime. They're not so dumb as to not realize this. They don't care if you're armed. They want you divided and afraid of each other. Which is one of the causes of gun violence to begin with.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RSBro

View Post

it's the only thing CNN and Huffington Post tells them snacks.gif

that, and never having owned/handled one without lying about it online

I'm not "anti-gun" though I love taking the piss out of gun loons. This is one that cracks me up...you don't drink my Kool-Aid, so you've never shot a gun.

I grew up with guns everywhere. My father was a complete gun nut. I shot everyday. I helped repair and modify guns. I hunted.

All of your justifications are action movie masturbatory fantasies, and you don't give a {censored} about human life. You've elevated a {censored}ing metal device to the status of a god and frankly, I think most of you are terrified of your own shadows and severely lacking in sexual prowess.

Pissed off about the reactionary solutions? Try coming up with some of your own that actually treat the sickness. When I see the NRA come out and say that we need universal health care, we need to do something about all of the inequality in this country, we need to go after the culture of violence, and we need to end the war on drugs then I might take them seriously. They represent gun companies, not gun owners. It's all about the dollar to them and you toolboxes lap it up.

Also, {censored} like this sends gun sales through the roof. Everytime. They're not so dumb as to not realize this. They don't care if you're armed. They want you divided and afraid of each other. Which is one of the causes of gun violence to begin with.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcakes

View Post

Yup.

Btw the NRA blames gun violence on video games. They pointed their finger at another group who claims their beloved hobby is harmless.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcakes

View Post

Yup.

Btw the NRA blames gun violence on video games. They pointed their finger at another group who claims their beloved hobby is harmless.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Dude. I haven't said a thing that I haven't explained myself on. I also don't think I've been outlandish or made and outrageous claims like that I invented the question mark. thumb_drevil.gif

• Members

View Post

Dude. I haven't said a thing that I haven't explained myself on. I also don't think I've been outlandish or made and outrageous claims like that I invented the question mark. thumb_drevil.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo

View Post

So just use a shotgun instead. If it's equally efficient...why are you complaining so much about them being banned?

Because its just one more step toward complete control. I dont personally own any guns under the proposed ban but I know if they can get away with banning them it will only be a matter of time before another ban is passed to include more weapons. I can see it now, they get the ban on assault weapons and then another massacre happens. What will they do then? "OMG now we gotta ban all guns because the last ban didnt work!" facepalm.gif I could do just fine without guns, I hunt with archery equipment 95% of the time anyways but I dont think banning them will do a damn thing.

Oh, and I never said anything about a rifle as a home defense weapon, I'm talking about someone using one to carry out a mass killing. A well trained guy with an accurate bolt action could sit several hundred yards away with several five round clips and take someone out with every shot. By the time people figured out where they were it would be too late. You cant tell me a .223 semi-auto is a "more efficient killing machine" because it isnt!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcapo

View Post

So just use a shotgun instead. If it's equally efficient...why are you complaining so much about them being banned?

Because its just one more step toward complete control. I dont personally own any guns under the proposed ban but I know if they can get away with banning them it will only be a matter of time before another ban is passed to include more weapons. I can see it now, they get the ban on assault weapons and then another massacre happens. What will they do then? "OMG now we gotta ban all guns because the last ban didnt work!" facepalm.gif I could do just fine without guns, I hunt with archery equipment 95% of the time anyways but I dont think banning them will do a damn thing.

Oh, and I never said anything about a rifle as a home defense weapon, I'm talking about someone using one to carry out a mass killing. A well trained guy with an accurate bolt action could sit several hundred yards away with several five round clips and take someone out with every shot. By the time people figured out where they were it would be too late. You cant tell me a .223 semi-auto is a "more efficient killing machine" because it isnt!

• Members

Larry is afraid he won't get his way without his precious guns. Losing his cool in simple online debates is reason for me to believe he owns guns to make up for his obvious lack of intelligence. I bet he was trying to figure out a way to shoot me through the screen and justifying it as self defense since I was attacking his defenseless brain.

• Members

Larry is afraid he won't get his way without his precious guns. Losing his cool in simple online debates is reason for me to believe he owns guns to make up for his obvious lack of intelligence. I bet he was trying to figure out a way to shoot me through the screen and justifying it as self defense since I was attacking his defenseless brain.

• Members

View Post

I thought Europeans were stupid and had no place in this debate since they don't understand?

I don't give a {censored} about Europeans. icon_lol.gif The video talks about how the banning of their guns that was supposed to make them safer actually put them in more danger.

• Members

View Post

I thought Europeans were stupid and had no place in this debate since they don't understand?

I don't give a {censored} about Europeans. icon_lol.gif The video talks about how the banning of their guns that was supposed to make them safer actually put them in more danger.

• Members

View Post

I don't give a {censored} about Europeans. icon_lol.gif Also, you must have me confused with someone else. The video talks about how the banning of their guns that was supposed to make them safer actually put them in more danger.

• Members

View Post

I don't give a {censored} about Europeans. icon_lol.gif Also, you must have me confused with someone else. The video talks about how the banning of their guns that was supposed to make them safer actually put them in more danger.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jshaffer20

View Post

Why do the majority of mass killings involve guns on the proposed ban list? Are you really this dumb or are you fighting with a hidden agenda?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jshaffer20

View Post

Why do the majority of mass killings involve guns on the proposed ban list? Are you really this dumb or are you fighting with a hidden agenda?

• Members

View Post

I can link to way more videos of foreigners speaking out against guns in the USA. By sheer volume I win.

• Members

View Post

I can link to way more videos of foreigners speaking out against guns in the USA. By sheer volume I win.

Archived