Convince me that Adrian Peterson shouldn't win the MVP

la0tsu

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Vikings making it to the playoffs helps Petersons chances greatly IMO. If they had lost that game to the Packers I don't think he would have even had a shot. At this point I think he is probably slightly behind Manning though. I'd guess Manning is leading, Peterson 2nd and Griffin in 3rd. The Redskins also making the playoffs keeps Griffin in the running IMO.

• Members

The Vikings making it to the playoffs helps Petersons chances greatly IMO. If they had lost that game to the Packers I don't think he would have even had a shot. At this point I think he is probably slightly behind Manning though. I'd guess Manning is leading, Peterson 2nd and Griffin in 3rd. The Redskins also making the playoffs keeps Griffin in the running IMO.

• Members

Wasn't it like a decade ago where there was a tie for MVP? Was one of Peyton's MVP seasons actually with Steve McNair.

I see that as a possibility because both those guys were essential to each teams success. If I HAD to choose I'd say AD since he came close to breaking a record 20+ years old. But to guys saying AD went against stacked boxes and still performed. You think teams stacked boxes cause they were scared of McGahee/Moreno? No Peyton was their focus and he still put up numbers.

Argument could easily be made for both. Could see a tie happening.

• Members

Wasn't it like a decade ago where there was a tie for MVP? Was one of Peyton's MVP seasons actually with Steve McNair.

I see that as a possibility because both those guys were essential to each teams success. If I HAD to choose I'd say AD since he came close to breaking a record 20+ years old. But to guys saying AD went against stacked boxes and still performed. You think teams stacked boxes cause they were scared of McGahee/Moreno? No Peyton was their focus and he still put up numbers.

Argument could easily be made for both. Could see a tie happening.

• Members

AP will be an after thought 5 years after his career is ended due to his leg shattering. No {censored}s will be given while Peyton will be a team owner and all time legend.

Minnesota bhz will be off the chart and will only be topped be a stupid fast exit from playoffs icon_lol.gif

Peyton will be drinking the years of all non MVP's thumb.gif

• Members

AP will be an after thought 5 years after his career is ended due to his leg shattering. No {censored}s will be given while Peyton will be a team owner and all time legend.

Minnesota bhz will be off the chart and will only be topped be a stupid fast exit from playoffs icon_lol.gif

Peyton will be drinking the years of all non MVP's thumb.gif

• Members

Peyton is great and he had a pretty good year. Adrian is great and had a damn near record breaking year. That's a record that has been standing a LONG time and in this quarterback friendly, pass first, two and three back era, that's pretty {censored}ing amazing. You subtract AP from the Vikings and they have a season like the Chiefs. You subtract PM from the Broncos and they most likely still make the playoffs. I'm a Broncos fan and a Peyton fan but Adrian Peterson gets my vote this year because he earned it.

• Members

Peyton is great and he had a pretty good year. Adrian is great and had a damn near record breaking year. That's a record that has been standing a LONG time and in this quarterback friendly, pass first, two and three back era, that's pretty {censored}ing amazing. You subtract AP from the Vikings and they have a season like the Chiefs. You subtract PM from the Broncos and they most likely still make the playoffs. I'm a Broncos fan and a Peyton fan but Adrian Peterson gets my vote this year because he earned it.

• Members

AP should get it but he won't. Manning will get it just because he's Peyton Manning and everyone will bow down before him. There were people who thought he should have gotten it last year just because the Colts were so bad without him. These days it's all about the QB. Especially when it's Peyton Manning.

Don't forget, the Broncos won their division and made the playoffs with Tebow last year. So you can't really say Manning rebuilt the team. On the other hand, the Vikings were terrible without AP last year. He's pretty much single handedly carried that team to where they are now.

I hate the Vikings, but I think AP should get MVP.

Go Pack Go!!!

• Members

AP should get it but he won't. Manning will get it just because he's Peyton Manning and everyone will bow down before him. There were people who thought he should have gotten it last year just because the Colts were so bad without him. These days it's all about the QB. Especially when it's Peyton Manning.

Don't forget, the Broncos won their division and made the playoffs with Tebow last year. So you can't really say Manning rebuilt the team. On the other hand, the Vikings were terrible without AP last year. He's pretty much single handedly carried that team to where they are now.

I hate the Vikings, but I think AP should get MVP.

Go Pack Go!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Macelind

View Post

Part of the reason AP had the season he had is BECAUSE he's on the Vikings. He is literally all they have on offense, especially since Harvin went down. Now, AP is beast enough to step up and take the team on his back, so I take nothing away from him, but his star shone especially bright this year because the Viking's offense pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Peyton MVP

AP Comeback player of the year.

IMO it'd make more sense to have a QB of the year award and non-QB player of the year award because the way the league is now, I don't feel its possible for anyone BUT the top QB to win the MVP.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Macelind

View Post

Part of the reason AP had the season he had is BECAUSE he's on the Vikings. He is literally all they have on offense, especially since Harvin went down. Now, AP is beast enough to step up and take the team on his back, so I take nothing away from him, but his star shone especially bright this year because the Viking's offense pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Peyton MVP

AP Comeback player of the year.

IMO it'd make more sense to have a QB of the year award and non-QB player of the year award because the way the league is now, I don't feel its possible for anyone BUT the top QB to win the MVP.

• Members

As an OU fan who watched many games with AP in an OU uniform, I actually have found myself rooting for the Vikings since he joined the team and hope they do better than one and done in the playoffs. But the Broncos have a good chance of being in the SB. AP pulls and wills his team to win more games than they otherwise would. PM makes everyone around him play better. MVP = PM even though AP could eventually end up going down as the best back of a decade and may make the HOF. There's no doubt Manning's going to be in the Hall, though.

• Members

As an OU fan who watched many games with AP in an OU uniform, I actually have found myself rooting for the Vikings since he joined the team and hope they do better than one and done in the playoffs. But the Broncos have a good chance of being in the SB. AP pulls and wills his team to win more games than they otherwise would. PM makes everyone around him play better. MVP = PM even though AP could eventually end up going down as the best back of a decade and may make the HOF. There's no doubt Manning's going to be in the Hall, though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

I love Manning, but what Peterson has done is ridiculous. Let's not forget that he did all of this coming off of major knee surgery. And to say Peterson is "just another back" is {censored}ing ridiculous.

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP icon_lol.gif

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

I love Manning, but what Peterson has done is ridiculous. Let's not forget that he did all of this coming off of major knee surgery. And to say Peterson is "just another back" is {censored}ing ridiculous.

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP icon_lol.gif

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

Archived