Convince me that Adrian Peterson shouldn't win the MVP

la0tsu

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux

View Post

Which makes it all the more special what Peterson managed to do this year. Seriously, I was pissed that the Vikings decided to run the clock down and kick the field goal at the end of the game...not because I wanted them to lose (a whole other thread could be dedicated to my feelings on that), but I wanted AP to get some more carries because he DESERVES to have that record.

I love Peyton Manning. But he didn't even have the best QB season this season. Sorry, he's not the MVP. Not this season. He may be the All-Time MVP though...he's that {censored}ing good.

Winning and being Peyton Manning > gaudy stats

When will y'all get this through your heads? icon_lol.gif

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

Hey, if that's the way you want to judge things, then Eli is a better QB than Peyton because he has more Super Bowl rings.

• Members

View Post

Hey, if that's the way you want to judge things, then Eli is a better QB than Peyton because he has more Super Bowl rings.

• Members

View Post

Do you really want another coach that can't get their O-line to block? Really!?!?! You can have him icon_lol.gif

Rodgers isn't going anywhere. At least not until he's 38. It's great how much Jay Cutler is endeared by Bears fans. Couldn't happen to a better guy...

Cutler is an ass I totally agree. Dude is a HELL of a physical talent, I just don't know if he's got the mental/emotional makeup to make it all work. He's under contract for another year and we have the franchise tag we can use so I'm not worried about that. I'll still take him over most QBs just for sheer potential alone. But if I could have one of the top 3 QBs in the league instead? Oh hell yes.

I'm hoping whoever we get actually installs a modern offense and forces Cutler to work on his fundamentals and I think he could really succeed. Especially with Marshall & Jefferies to throw to.

Look, we'll trade the Packers Devin Hester straight up for A Rodgers. Right now. Even steven!

View Post

Didn't he have both ACL and MCL reconstructive surgeries??

Yes.

• Members

View Post

Do you really want another coach that can't get their O-line to block? Really!?!?! You can have him icon_lol.gif

Rodgers isn't going anywhere. At least not until he's 38. It's great how much Jay Cutler is endeared by Bears fans. Couldn't happen to a better guy...

Cutler is an ass I totally agree. Dude is a HELL of a physical talent, I just don't know if he's got the mental/emotional makeup to make it all work. He's under contract for another year and we have the franchise tag we can use so I'm not worried about that. I'll still take him over most QBs just for sheer potential alone. But if I could have one of the top 3 QBs in the league instead? Oh hell yes.

I'm hoping whoever we get actually installs a modern offense and forces Cutler to work on his fundamentals and I think he could really succeed. Especially with Marshall & Jefferies to throw to.

Look, we'll trade the Packers Devin Hester straight up for A Rodgers. Right now. Even steven!

View Post

Yes.

• Members

View Post

View Post

Yes.

• Members

View Post

View Post

Yes.

• Members

View Post

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP icon_lol.gif

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

You're {censored}ing stoned dude. People will still be talking about Adrian when his career is done. He's awesome. He will continue to have a great career. It's amazing he's come back the way he has. He's a big physical back with incredible moves. He's 27 yrs old and has about 9,000 rushing yards. 3 more years of 1,000 rushing seasons and he's in the likes of Marcus Allen, Marshall Faulk, Franco Harris, and the greats of them. Peterson will easily have 3 more years of 1,000. Adrian Peterson's don't come along as much as you think.

Peyton is a {censored}ing {censored}. Not even close to best ever. He might not even be top 10. I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Peyton.

• Members

View Post

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP icon_lol.gif

Peyton = best ever

You're {censored}ing stoned dude. People will still be talking about Adrian when his career is done. He's awesome. He will continue to have a great career. It's amazing he's come back the way he has. He's a big physical back with incredible moves. He's 27 yrs old and has about 9,000 rushing yards. 3 more years of 1,000 rushing seasons and he's in the likes of Marcus Allen, Marshall Faulk, Franco Harris, and the greats of them. Peterson will easily have 3 more years of 1,000. Adrian Peterson's don't come along as much as you think.

Peyton is a {censored}ing {censored}. Not even close to best ever. He might not even be top 10. I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Peyton.

• Members

View Post

Stick a fork in him mid next season, or end of next season at the very most. He's been wrecked since college and this is all borrowed time. Fizzle out, bro icon_lol.gif

He is great but no {censored}s will be given. It is what it is for running backs since the beginning of time. Peyton will be household name and ap will draw confused.gif response from all but diehard football fans.

I think you're a bit extreme on that but yeah, QBs are always remembered more than any other position.

View Post

Ayup.

• Members

View Post

Stick a fork in him mid next season, or end of next season at the very most. He's been wrecked since college and this is all borrowed time. Fizzle out, bro icon_lol.gif

He is great but no {censored}s will be given. It is what it is for running backs since the beginning of time. Peyton will be household name and ap will draw confused.gif response from all but diehard football fans.

I think you're a bit extreme on that but yeah, QBs are always remembered more than any other position.

View Post

Ayup.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Yes.

The last thing we need is a return guy. We already have Cobb. Now, Forte, on the other hand, would cause me to think about it....

I've thought about it. No deal.

• Members

View Post

Yes.

The last thing we need is a return guy. We already have Cobb. Now, Forte, on the other hand, would cause me to think about it....

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SnowStorm

View Post

As usual you make no headway in this discussion and instead show what a moron you are. Being a moron and a geek is no way to get through life. Now pipe down and let the grownups talk.

Meanwhile continue jerking it to AP. His record won't stand... Oh wait, he didn't get the record icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

As usual you make no headway in this discussion and instead show what a moron you are. Being a moron and a geek is no way to get through life. Now pipe down and let the grownups talk.

Meanwhile continue jerking it to AP. His record won't stand... Oh wait, he didn't get the record icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Who the {censored} is stoned? OMG. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

I think you're a bit optimistic on AP's career length. Dude has taken and given a beating in his career. He's 27 with the punishment of a 30 year old. How many 30 year old RBs still produce at a high level? I'm not saying he won't have another 1 or 2 1,000 yard years, but I'm betting next year he'll be lucky to get 1200. That's taking NOTHING away from what he's done this year. Its amazing. But the punishment he takes both from defenders hitting him and him hitting defenders do not lead to a long career no matter how big and strong you are.

• Members

View Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Who the {censored} is stoned? OMG. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

I think you're a bit optimistic on AP's career length. Dude has taken and given a beating in his career. He's 27 with the punishment of a 30 year old. How many 30 year old RBs still produce at a high level? I'm not saying he won't have another 1 or 2 1,000 yard years, but I'm betting next year he'll be lucky to get 1200. That's taking NOTHING away from what he's done this year. Its amazing. But the punishment he takes both from defenders hitting him and him hitting defenders do not lead to a long career no matter how big and strong you are.

• Members

View Post

I know it looks like that, but I didn't.

The Vikings aren't going to win a SB because of AP.

The Broncos quite possible are because of Peyton.

I just don't believe in this era of the NFL any player besides a QB can be the legit MVP. The position has become too important.

Peyton Manning has to be the most overrated QB not named Michael Vick.

I mean he's a stellar regular season QB but even in Indy he benefitted from a weak ass division. Why do you think he went to the Broncos? If he would have gone anywhere else he would have had an average record at best.

Eli has more rings than him. He's only got a .500 playoff win percentage, he's been practically forgotten in Indy because of Andrew Luck. His longevity is pretty much the only thing he has left as far as greatness goes and he's NEVER going to break any of Favre's records.

He will probably go down as the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB in history but he doesn't have the postseason cred that Young, Montana, etc have. {censored}ing Ben Rapelisburger has more SB wins and Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman have the same number as Manning.

AP for MVP. It's not his fault he plays of a terrible team.

• Members

View Post

I know it looks like that, but I didn't.

The Vikings aren't going to win a SB because of AP.

The Broncos quite possible are because of Peyton.

I just don't believe in this era of the NFL any player besides a QB can be the legit MVP. The position has become too important.

Peyton Manning has to be the most overrated QB not named Michael Vick.

I mean he's a stellar regular season QB but even in Indy he benefitted from a weak ass division. Why do you think he went to the Broncos? If he would have gone anywhere else he would have had an average record at best.

Eli has more rings than him. He's only got a .500 playoff win percentage, he's been practically forgotten in Indy because of Andrew Luck. His longevity is pretty much the only thing he has left as far as greatness goes and he's NEVER going to break any of Favre's records.

He will probably go down as the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB in history but he doesn't have the postseason cred that Young, Montana, etc have. {censored}ing Ben Rapelisburger has more SB wins and Trent Dilfer and Rex Grossman have the same number as Manning.

AP for MVP. It's not his fault he plays of a terrible team.

• Members

View Post

FAK U!

The reason you need Hester is because your return man actually runs the correct direction. Forward. As a Bears fan I feel the packers need a more sideline to sideline runner. It might even the odds a bit.

• Members

View Post

FAK U!

The reason you need Hester is because your return man actually runs the correct direction. Forward. As a Bears fan I feel the packers need a more sideline to sideline runner. It might even the odds a bit.

• Members

View Post

Peyton = best ever

I love you Dave, but you're so full of {censored}, it's ridiculous. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

Peyton = best ever

I love you Dave, but you're so full of {censored}, it's ridiculous. icon_lol.gif

Archived