Convince me that Adrian Peterson shouldn't win the MVP

la0tsu

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP icon_lol.gif

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

RB, while I agree with your conclusion that Peyton should win, your path to getting there is so completely flawed its not even funny. Actually, I find it quite funny.

AP isn't gonna be an afterthought. He's gonna be remembered as one of the greatest RBs to play the game if he has 2 more productive seasons. I can't imagine him having more than 2 more left in him at any sort of top level. Not with the punishment he puts his body through.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgandy

View Post

No, it's not. Thinking an above average rb is more deserving than Peyton is ridiculous. Hell, Brady, Brees and megatron deserve it more than AP icon_lol.gif

Peyton = best ever

AP = after thought after his career is ended

RB, while I agree with your conclusion that Peyton should win, your path to getting there is so completely flawed its not even funny. Actually, I find it quite funny.

AP isn't gonna be an afterthought. He's gonna be remembered as one of the greatest RBs to play the game if he has 2 more productive seasons. I can't imagine him having more than 2 more left in him at any sort of top level. Not with the punishment he puts his body through.

• Members

I love AP, and I think he deserves serious consideration, but regarding the knee argument, Wes Welker had the same injury at the end of 2009 and was able to return to start the next season. I know he didn't have as good a season statistically, but still, 85 catches is pretty damn impressive.

• Members

I love AP, and I think he deserves serious consideration, but regarding the knee argument, Wes Welker had the same injury at the end of 2009 and was able to return to start the next season. I know he didn't have as good a season statistically, but still, 85 catches is pretty damn impressive.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by markus50607

View Post

Wes Welker is a WR on a team with multiple weapons. A bit different than a RB who is THE ONLY offensive weapon on his team.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by markus50607

View Post

Wes Welker is a WR on a team with multiple weapons. A bit different than a RB who is THE ONLY offensive weapon on his team.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Part of the reason AP had the season he had is BECAUSE he's on the Vikings. He is literally all they have on offense, especially since Harvin went down. Now, AP is beast enough to step up and take the team on his back, so I take nothing away from him, but his star shone especially bright this year because the Viking's offense pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Peyton MVP

AP Comeback player of the year.

I think you just defined what it is to be the Most Valuable Player...and you just voted for AP thumb.gif

Here's my thing, {censored} Manning. He has enough MVP's...he can win the {censored}ing Super Bowl. Give the MVP to someone more deserving. My vote goes to Jay Cutler.

• Members

View Post

Part of the reason AP had the season he had is BECAUSE he's on the Vikings. He is literally all they have on offense, especially since Harvin went down. Now, AP is beast enough to step up and take the team on his back, so I take nothing away from him, but his star shone especially bright this year because the Viking's offense pretty much sucks donkey balls.

Peyton MVP

AP Comeback player of the year.

I think you just defined what it is to be the Most Valuable Player...and you just voted for AP thumb.gif

Here's my thing, {censored} Manning. He has enough MVP's...he can win the {censored}ing Super Bowl. Give the MVP to someone more deserving. My vote goes to Jay Cutler.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chad_sux

View Post

I know it looks like that, but I didn't.

The Vikings aren't going to win a SB because of AP.

The Broncos quite possible are because of Peyton.

I just don't believe in this era of the NFL any player besides a QB can be the legit MVP. The position has become too important.

• Members

View Post

I just don't believe in this era of the NFL any player besides a QB can be the legit MVP. The position has become too important.

• Members

View Post

Which makes it all the more special what Peterson managed to do this year. Seriously, I was pissed that the Vikings decided to run the clock down and kick the field goal at the end of the game...not because I wanted them to lose (a whole other thread could be dedicated to my feelings on that), but I wanted AP to get some more carries because he DESERVES to have that record.

I love Peyton Manning. But he didn't even have the best QB season this season. Sorry, he's not the MVP. Not this season. He may be the All-Time MVP though...he's that {censored}ing good.

• Members

View Post

Which makes it all the more special what Peterson managed to do this year. Seriously, I was pissed that the Vikings decided to run the clock down and kick the field goal at the end of the game...not because I wanted them to lose (a whole other thread could be dedicated to my feelings on that), but I wanted AP to get some more carries because he DESERVES to have that record.

I love Peyton Manning. But he didn't even have the best QB season this season. Sorry, he's not the MVP. Not this season. He may be the All-Time MVP though...he's that {censored}ing good.

• Members

View Post

Its a legit conversation and honestly while I have my opinions, if AP I totally understand (and don't really care one way or another really) I just don't agree. smile.gif

Are da bears gonna steal your OC? Will he bring A Rodgers with him? biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

• Members

View Post

Its a legit conversation and honestly while I have my opinions, if AP I totally understand (and don't really care one way or another really) I just don't agree. smile.gif

Are da bears gonna steal your OC? Will he bring A Rodgers with him? biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

And yeah, I'd say Manning is probably all-time MVP and if he gets another ring, no question about it.

• Members

View Post

Do you really want another coach that can't get their O-line to block? Really!?!?! You can have him icon_lol.gif

Rodgers isn't going anywhere. At least not until he's 38. It's great how much Jay Cutler is endeared by Bears fans. Couldn't happen to a better guy...

• Members

View Post

Do you really want another coach that can't get their O-line to block? Really!?!?! You can have him icon_lol.gif

Rodgers isn't going anywhere. At least not until he's 38. It's great how much Jay Cutler is endeared by Bears fans. Couldn't happen to a better guy...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LastCallKillIt

View Post

Let's keep in mind a ACL used to be a career ending injury. Charles came off it and made a 1500 yard season on the NFL's worst team (on paper), and Petereson came off of it and made a 2000 yard season. That is nothing short of phenomenal.

Didn't he have both ACL and MCL reconstructive surgeries??

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LastCallKillIt

View Post

Let's keep in mind a ACL used to be a career ending injury. Charles came off it and made a 1500 yard season on the NFL's worst team (on paper), and Petereson came off of it and made a 2000 yard season. That is nothing short of phenomenal.

Didn't he have both ACL and MCL reconstructive surgeries??

• Members

View Post

Stick a fork in him mid next season, or end of next season at the very most. He's been wrecked since college and this is all borrowed time. Fizzle out, bro icon_lol.gif

He is great but no {censored}s will be given. It is what it is for running backs since the beginning of time. Peyton will be household name and ap will draw confused.gif response from all but diehard football fans.

• Members

View Post

Stick a fork in him mid next season, or end of next season at the very most. He's been wrecked since college and this is all borrowed time. Fizzle out, bro icon_lol.gif

He is great but no {censored}s will be given. It is what it is for running backs since the beginning of time. Peyton will be household name and ap will draw confused.gif response from all but diehard football fans.

• Members

View Post

Winning and being Peyton Manning > gaudy stats

When will y'all get this through your heads? icon_lol.gif

Archived