Just picked up my Godin Redline I

guitarbilly74

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a good thing sometimes. Last year I picked up a Washburn USA Custom Shop MG for $99 because they thought all Washburns were cheap imports (even though it said "Hand Made in Chicago, IL USA" right on the {censored}ing headstock
:facepalm:
) . Sold it for $800.

same reason a silver jubilee 1/2 stack came home with me for $923 out the door. I am still in disbelief. this was only a couple years ago.

• Members

HNGD Billy! Glad you're liking it! My SD was the 2nd electric I ever bought. You guys were the ones that vouched for Godin as I knew jack squat about them (hell, I still know jack squat). Its a great guitar and I honestly gas for their stuff more than about any other brand.

I'm just sad its relatively hard to come by where you can actually try it out first. :(

Don't get a ticket speeding home from work! :cop:

• Members

...what the
{censored}
?

?

They had a 1987 2555 with matching 4x12 marked for $1200 in the used section. I played it and it was awesome. Offered them $800 out the door to be a dick. Surprisingly they came back with $1000 out the door, and I gave them my band's tax ID number to knock the tax off. $923 on the Visa and it came home with me.

The sales guy said a customer traded it in the previous night stipulating he wanted an acoustic guitar and a couple hundred bucks. :idk:

It's been awesome ever since.

• Members

I've been jamming/bonding with it for the last 2 hours. Damn it is incredible. They really spared NO expenses with this guitar. Everything is top notch. Perfect fit and finish, awesome neck, graphite saddles, EMG, Schaller strap knobs, bone nut, the tuners are super smooth, the control cavities are all shielded etc.. everything is {censored}ing awesome.

I'd put this guitar up against ANY quality guitar out there, regardless of price. It actually sounded and played better than the Gibson LPs I tried today. This is an amazing, pro-level guitar.

• Members

That's the thing I noticed about my SD billy. Its not an expensive guitar, I think ~$400-450 new. But, even buying it used, the thing is just quality. Good solid build. The only thing I'll upgrade is the pickups, which aren't bad, but the weakest point of the guitar IMO.

Your Redline having an EMG doesn't really have that issue.

I've heard some ppl say that because of Godin's interesting choice of tonewoods, certain pickups will not sound good in them, which is understandable, but for an inexpensive North American built guitar, they are damn tough to beat even with their lower end stuff.

I want an ICON so bad. :lol:

Archived