JCA Owners!! Join the Jet City Lounge!!

guitarbilly74

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bluesguitar65

View Post

My JCA2112RC 1x12 20watt combo will arrive tomorrow. I can't wait. Are these amps really hand built? I paid $299 and that is pretty cheap price for a handbuilt tube amp.

No. Factory built in China. However, it some of the most solid overseas construction I have ever seen. You will not be disappointed!

• Members

Hi. I'm thinking about picking up a used 50 watter. ANyone who owns one does it put out enough oomph and volume for a fairly loud band? We play in a lot of bigger clubs and theaters and often have a lot (unreasonable) stage volume (for reference, our last show I had the gain on about half on channel 3 of a 5150 III and the channel volume a hair under half). Will the 50 watter serve the purpose?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Unclemeat

View Post

Hi. I'm thinking about picking up a used 50 watter. ANyone who owns one does it put out enough oomph and volume for a fairly loud band? We play in a lot of bigger clubs and theaters and often have a lot (unreasonable) stage volume (for reference, our last show I had the gain on about half on channel 3 of a 5150 III and the channel volume a hair under half). Will the 50 watter serve the purpose?

Yes, my band is as loud as it can be and I have zero volume issues, this is a loud 50w amp. I used to also have the JCA 100w and sold it and kept the 50w because it gives me all the volume I'd need, plus it's cheaper to retube and you get power tube crunch (a MUST HAVE with JCAs) earlier.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by THRAKD

View Post

Hey does anyone have any input on the Eminence Wizard drivers????

I'm running my JCA50H with a 412 Fender cabinet loaded with two Eminence Gov's and 2 Eminence Wizards in an X pattern and to my ears it sounds killer. My leads scream with this set up and are real defined. The Wizards are LOUD, tight, and do low mids real, real well. Highs are defined. The gov's are just as loud but focus more on high mids and highs. Both speakers break up later and the Jet City Head seems to love them. Great punch on stage.

• Members

Just over a month since I bought the JRC2112 and I'm still happy with it.

I love it when the neighbours are out and I can crank it to about 5 on the master volume. It sounds so much better when really cranked.

I use a boost with it for more metal tones and it holds well. Not like the JVM I had but still a great sound that I'm more than happy using.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jdog1

View Post

I'm running my JCA50H with a 412 Fender cabinet loaded with two Eminence Gov's and 2 Eminence Wizards in an X pattern and to my ears it sounds killer. My leads scream with this set up and are real defined. The Wizards are LOUD, tight, and do low mids real, real well. Highs are defined. The gov's are just as loud but focus more on high mids and highs. Both speakers break up later and the Jet City Head seems to love them. Great punch on stage.

Thanks for the response. I love the tone of the Eminence Wizard clips from their website. I have read that a lot people like to mix the Wizard with other Eminence drivers. I just picked up a cheap 2x12 slant cab from Seismic Audio. The cab is sweet. The speakers are just "ok". I want to upgrade to Eminence. At least one is going to be a "Wizard". I was leaning towards the "Tone Spotter" for the other. Maybe just two Wizards........confused.gif

• Members

I guess I'm in also. Here is my rough demo.

Been playing this great amp for a week now and it rocks. It really suites more for classic rock and 80s metal kinda tone IMHO. It takes pedals really well, but I prefer playing it straight. It also compliments my 50s tribute les paul with P90s. Is it worth $299 for an all tube, soldano designed amp? Hell Yea!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

I think it's time to start a club for the JCA owners, just like we have for many other amps as well as one thread for all things JCA To join post this in your signature:

Proud Member of the Jet Setters (Jet City Lounge)

I thought you sold yours?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bluesguitar65

View Post

Anyone here having problems with the pilot light flickering with their Jet City amps?

yep. mine went out. flip the standby switch and it comes back. also speaker plug was in the 8 ohm jack instead of 16 ohm.

Archived