JCA Owners!! Join the Jet City Lounge!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Have you tried running all of the FX in the front of the amp. I have a 50 watt, and I tried both, I like the front better (That's what she said) there are a lot of complaints about the JCA FX loop...

....also, try everything on the clean channel, I don't even use my overdrive, I get it all from pedals

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by cscbo1

View Post

Have you tried running all of the FX in the front of the amp. I have a 50 watt, and I tried both, I like the front better (That's what she said) there are a lot of complaints about the JCA FX loop...

....also, try everything on the clean channel, I don't even use my overdrive, I get it all from pedals

I appreciate the advise. I am going to experiment with chain placement soon. I know to isolate the delay to the end of the chain. I really would like to get the most out of this amp. I would like to use the fx loop if it is worth it. I will experiment to find the best options with that. Thanks again. Rock on!!

• Members

It's a waster not to use the Lead channel on the JCA, that's its best feature. The loop is line level though and will work with rack effects. Some pedals might work but it's hit and miss.

I'd get a nice fx rack for your clean effects and gate. The G-Major II has all the effects you will ever need, a noise and it will also switch channels on your amp. That would be my recommendations.

You can also take your amp to a tech and have the fx loop modded to work with pedals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

It's a waster not to use the Lead channel on the JCA, that's its best feature.

Don't get me wrong, I like the lead tone too, but I'm just playing it at low volume levels.

I've been on a bluesy kick lately, so I've been using the clean for the past few weeks, and using the JCA OD pedals to warm it up a little.

• Members

View Post

It's a waster not to use the Lead channel on the JCA, that's its best feature. The loop is line level though and will work with rack effects. Some pedals might work but it's hit and miss.

I'd get a nice fx rack for your clean effects and gate. The G-Major II has all the effects you will ever need, a noise and it will also switch channels on your amp. That would be my recommendations.

You can also take your amp to a tech and have the fx loop modded to work with pedals.

Yeah, I agree. I want to use all of this amp. I love it to death. I already emailed my amp tech guy. I am inquiring about a depth mod/bass boost. I am going to have him "look under the hood" and check everything out. Probably through some better tubes in as well. The loop is definitely going to be looked at. I had a Boss Gt-10 that was very cool but very complex. You almost need to be a sound engineer to use it. Huge learning curve. And a huge lack of proper manual instructions. I got frustrated with it and wanted to go a more "Analog" route. I unloaded it on ebay. Just picked up the Electro Harmonix small stone phaser. Sweet as hell. Thanks for the input.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by THRAKD

View Post

Yeah, I agree. I want to use all of this amp. I love it to death. I already emailed my amp tech guy. I am inquiring about a depth mod/bass boost. I am going to have him "look under the hood" and check everything out. Probably through some better tubes in as well. The loop is definitely going to be looked at. I had a Boss Gt-10 that was very cool but very complex. You almost need to be a sound engineer to use it. Huge learning curve. And a huge lack of proper manual instructions. I got frustrated with it and wanted to go a more "Analog" route. I unloaded it on ebay. Just picked up the Electro Harmonix small stone phaser. Sweet as hell. Thanks for the input.

Ahhh If you are going to have a tech do the depth mod, have him mod the loop for pedals and call it a day, it's a simple mod.

• Members

View Post

Ahhh If you are going to have a tech do the depth mod, have him mod the loop for pedals and call it a day, it's a simple mod.

very simple (Solder a 2k2 resistor in parallel to R25). i have it done on my JCA100. However, it still doesn't help the quality of the loop. To quote my amp tech... "This amp is {censored}ing amazing... However, like the Soldano's, the loops are {censored}".

This is coming from a guy who prides himself on being able to make an almost completely transparent sounding loop though. He added one in my 2203 and yes... i can't tell the difference from when its on or off.

That said, i use my 2 delays and G-string in the loop and they are fine. The delays get a little lost on the Overdrive channel though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by bluestele

View Post

Hi All,

I'm in !

Does anyone have a copy of the schematic for the JCA2112RC ?

Email support. I just go the pre amp & power amp section schematics for my JCA50 head from them. My experience with customer service has been great so far.

• Members

Email support. I just go the pre amp & power amp section schematics for my JCA50 head from them. My experience with customer service has been great so far.

I did contact them and they emailed me the schematic.

I just received my combo a few minutes ago delivered via UPS.

It's been on the out-for-delivery truck for 14 hours -

it was 2 degrees this morning and it's now 21 degrees....this amp is totally frozen.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try it out.

It's gonna be a long night ....

• Members

Just got confirmation I will be hanging out at the JCA booth at NAMM tomorrow!!
:cool:
Incoming full report on the new gear. I am SO excited to try the new 22w head!
:love:

Awesome! Can't wait for your report. Try to knock over TTK and take his mic. Tell Doug I said 'hi.'

• Members

Hi everyone, This is my first post, yay!

I recently got myself a JCA50 and its such a great amp I'm selling my Engl which is something I thought would never say!

Anyhow I came on to these amps in a weird way as I do a fair amount of recording and was/still am using a couple of sims based on a solando SLO (ingnite NRR1 & LePou LEXTAC VSTS). So the more I used these plugins the more I fell for the sounds and starting digging on the web and read about Jet City. I drove to a music store 40 mins from my place to try one to see if the amps were all I had read was true and it was love at first site!

So I had 30 mins to kill the other day so I decided to do a little test micing my JCA50 up to see what results I would get, and its the first time I have just put a mic up infront of a cab, played and been fairly happy with what I was hearing. I opened up an old demo project of some big sustained riff rock/metal in cubase and played along, one guitar panned left and the other panned right.

This isn't mixed by any stretch and the only bit of processing was a slight bit of eq around 1.2k@3db so here it is

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5377857/333%20test.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay, so what effects are you guys using? I am using the JCA20 Head and 1-12 JCA Cab. It seems to be plenty loud for gigs, most places we play we will be able to mike our rigs so a small rig was ideal for my 40's year old back and knees. :facepalm:

I'm playing a lot of hard rock stuff, need the occasional delay and maybe some chorus/trem kinda deals. Don't really want to go back to tap dancing a ton of pedals. Anyone using a multi fx rig with these amps and liking it? I was looking at some of the new Line 6 stuff coming out, also the Boss ME rigs. I don't really think I need amp models but it seems that everything has 'em now. I've really been outta the game for over 3 years so I'm behind as far as gear knowledge goes..............:thu::wave:

• Members

Okay, so what effects are you guys using? I am using the JCA20 Head and 1-12 JCA Cab. It seems to be plenty loud for gigs, most places we play we will be able to mike our rigs so a small rig was ideal for my 40's year old back and knees.
:facepalm:

I'm playing a lot of hard rock stuff, need the occasional delay and maybe some chorus/trem kinda deals. Don't really want to go back to tap dancing a ton of pedals. Anyone using a multi fx rig with these amps and liking it? I was looking at some of the new Line 6 stuff coming out, also the Boss ME rigs. I don't really think I need amp models but it seems that everything has 'em now. I've really been outta the game for over 3 years so I'm behind as far as gear knowledge goes..............
:thu::wave:

I loves me some pedals so my current chain is Ernie Ball JP > Korg Pitchblack > Yamaha GEQ10 > GFS Twin Clean Drive > Earthquaker Devices Chrysalis > ModTone Aqua Chorus > Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport > JCA20H. Rewiring the board this evening so I'll post a pick when done.

Archived