JCA Owners!! Join the Jet City Lounge!!

guitarbilly74

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm in! JCA50H arrived today. But no cabinet yet - fingers crossed for my WhiteBox 212 within the next week or so. Will post pics of the rig once all parts are in. Mine will look dangerously close to the one Doug has posted to his Facebook and WhiteBox's Facebook.

Off to borrow a cabinet tonight so I can begin to enjoy the rocket-ship this weekend. Replacement tubes on their way (thank you guitarbilly74 for the recommendation!).

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by StevePage View Post
I got to try out the JCA2112RC at rehearsal the other night and it was awesome. It matched the JCM900 half stack in volume but it also cut through alot better. I loved it.

Except one of the power amp valves died so I just had to get a new pair of Groove Tubes to put in there. Unfortunately the amp is a pain in the arse to change valves for.
If you take the air vent grill thing off the top, that's the best way..

Edit: Ohh, Doug already said that..

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by thesparkeffect View Post
I'm in! JCA50H arrived today. But no cabinet yet - fingers crossed for my WhiteBox 212 within the next week or so. Will post pics of the rig once all parts are in. Mine will look dangerously close to the one Doug has posted to his Facebook and WhiteBox's Facebook.

Off to borrow a cabinet tonight so I can begin to enjoy the rocket-ship this weekend. Replacement tubes on their way (thank you guitarbilly74 for the recommendation!).
What are these tube recommendations? love.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by TheEternal View Post
If you take the air vent grill thing off the top, that's the best way..

Edit: Ohh, Doug already said that..
I'd done that the next day, it was the only way I could figure out to get the valves in. I've got big hands but I just managed to fit my hand in.

• Members

A new family member arrived late last Friday afternoon!

jca50h.jpg

I thought I would be down and out, having to stare at this beauty each time I walked into my office/music room, as I am cabinet-less.

Sort of like having a rocketship all fueled up, in your driveway, and not being able to take it for a spin. ...An amazing friend heard the news, felt bad, and lent me one of his cabinets. I have a Whitebox 212 on order - though not sure when it will ship. Hopefully sometime this week.

Mind you I live in a condo and I am a good neighbor - so I was limited with my volume - however I was blown away both both channels and so far we have quickly become best friends. I wanted a no frills raw all-tube set up and so far it looks like this is just what I received.

The true test will be in about a week's time when I get my upgrade tubes, whitebox 212, and grab some rehearsal space to let 'er rip.

Thank you jet setters for helping me with my research, much appreciated.

• Members

I got EuroTubes JJ higain set for my 20H and it really rocks. What a great amp for 300 bucks. I can't wait to buy an hour of practice time and crank it in a big room. My bedroom doesn't allow me to really open it up. I also want to try it with a gibsonesque guitar cuz all i've got now are fenders. I think it would match up well with a SG Classic or LP JR

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TheEternal

View Post

I just ordered two JJ 12AT7's (60% of a 12AX7) for my 2112.. First I'm going to try one in V2 by itself, and then perhaps the other in V1 as well.. I want to add some clean headroom for pedals.. I will let you know how that works out..

I was struggling with several tube combos for my JCA50H, trying to find that perfect tone (to my ears anyway) - something chunky but smooth. Finally I stuck a balanced Jan Phillips 5751 I had laying around in V1 and I was instantly hooked. I have a JJ83 in V2, Sovtek LPS in V3, Tung Sol in V4 and JJ803 in V5. JJ Power Tubes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I finally got a chance to break in my new JCA50H and my JCA 12xs today. I was able to dial up beautiful tone instantly. This amp is sick. Loud as hell. I am in awe of this tone machine. This is will stock tubes as well. It is only going to get better. I have an issue actually. I purchased this from Musician's Friend. The head was listed as "Used". I got a really great deal on it. As I was playing it today, I noticed that it is missing the round washer that lies under the hex nut that holds the power switch in place. Minor problem. But then I realized that the switch is actually a "Three way". I actually had it in both on positions and one made it seem a lot noisier. I contacted Jet City and Musician's Friend about this. I am scratching my head on this one.....

• Members

To my knowledge, there aren't any. I am suspect of the whole switch actually. It is a minor annoyance. I am in love with this amp. I can not believe this amp sounds so good. It total blows away the Marshall JCM 2000 tsl 602 that I just sold. It is so loud. I'm running it through a 1x12 and it is ridiculous loud. That cab is awesome also. JCA 12xs. I took off the back panel. It sounds even better. I like open back cabs. How do like that Pico head???

• Members
facepalm.gif
i made a mistake, i was between a JCA 20H, a Bugera 6262 and a Crate Blue-Voodoo 120h (used of course) for my first tube amp... unfortunately i went with the blue voodoo... now i regret it soooo much since i paid $400 for it, and the bugera, new in box, from the store would have been at the same price... not to mention the JCA would have been cheaper, and prolly a better choice than those 2 together... cry.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by munizfire View Post
facepalm.gif
i made a mistake, i was between a JCA 20H, a Bugera 6262 and a Crate Blue-Voodoo 120h (used of course) for my first tube amp... unfortunately i went with the blue voodoo... now i regret it soooo much since i paid $400 for it, and the bugera, new in box, from the store would have been at the same price... not to mention the JCA would have been cheaper, and prolly a better choice than those 2 together... cry.gif
yeah a facepalm is well applied in this case.
Mojo sent.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by munizfire

View Post

anyways, since you seem to know a lot bout this amps, do you think it's possible to get a metallica/slayer tone from the 20 or the 50 watter? what about Iced Earth's?

you'd definitely want the 50w as it has more gain than the 20w, but yes the 50w can do metal easily, you might want to boost to tighten it a bit, it's purely a matter of personal preference.

Archived