JCA Owners!! Join the Jet City Lounge!!

guitarbilly74

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey Jet City fans. I just got a JCA100HDM and I was in love the first minute. I am going to spend some serious time with it this weekend but so far I am very impressed. Build quality, tone, features, are just great. This thing really sings. Very musical. I also got a pico valve when they first came out and i am likeing that one as well. I am a Jet City Fan!

• Members

Congrats! Welcome to the group, I know you've been waiting for quite some time. All your parts have arrived? Head/Cabinet/Pedals?

Nice to know another fellow Virginian who is also a Jet City lover. Have much time to explore the new rig?

Thanks! yes, I've played it for about 2-3 hours now, this is my first tube amp, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Once I got the FX loop figured (I think) I started getting some tones that I've been after. One thing though...If I have pedals (mainly a FX processor)plugged into the loop, I loose my overdrive on the amp? I am using overdrive pedals in the front of the amp, but they sound no where near as good as the built in overdrive. I got two JCA overdrive pedals as well, they are decent, just not the quality of the built in OD on the head. I also have a few more analog fx pedals that I will add to my pedalboard, but have to wait until Christmas if you know what I mean....Its killing me, but my wife has to have something to give me for Xmas.

I know one thing about this amp..... its LOUD!

• Members

Just bought a 2112, should be here sometime next week. I used to own a Soldano Astroverb 1x12 and have been really missing it lately, so hopefully this will do the trick. It's going to be my 'carry around to non-band jams' amp. Not sure if I'll play it much at home as it will be sitting next to a Boogie Mark IIC+ but if it's close to the Soldano then it might give the Boogie a run for its money at home volumes...

• Members

So if I only own one of the JCA12S that I won in the Facebook giveaways; can I still be "in"?
I've got a JCA100HDM on my xmas list (or in my cart on American Musical if xmas falls thru).
I'll say it because I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it. Please, rethink the ginormous 333 logo for newer products.

• Members

Do any of you 20H or 2112RC owners know if a 12at7 in v1 or v2 will calm it down and give more headroom for pedals?

Yes, Greg at Jet City said, " All 'distorted' sounds will come from the pre-amp section. You can increase the headroom on the 2112RC by simply running some AT7

• Members

Finally played a PicoValve yesterday. Wow! I absolutely loved it. Sounded way better than the Class 5 sitting near it. DO WANT!!!!!

I played one the same day! Sounds very cool, nice tones at low volumes too. Wanted to take it home but the wife says no way, it's Christmas and we have to buy presents for the kids... :facepalm:

• Members

I just wanted to post a followup to my experience with my new setup. I'm running a JCA50 H through a JS12XS. I also have a 2x12 slant cab that I am planning on upgrading with Eminence drivers in the new year. I have Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion and a Dunlop Jerry Cantrell Wah out in front and a MXR 10band eq in the loop. I have been tweaking my tone for the past several weeks. I have found many sweet spots. The roar that I can get out of this setup is ridiculous. I opened the back of my 1x12 and it is insane. I know that this is an "un-orthodox" setup. I will look silly on stage as well. I have this big head and a little cube. But this a sick tone. I think I will be using a combination of open and closed backs on stage. The only issues that I have with this amp are the lack of a bass boost. I pretty much have the bass dimed always. Thank god I have an EQ. I am contemplating a mod for this. I have yet to try it proper with my 2x12 closed back. I know that the open backs effect the low end. But I did try it first with the panel on. I need to experiment with it again. The loop didn't like my wah either. I sounded like crap. Volume drop as well. It works/sounds like a champ out front. I am planning on adding pedals to my setup in the near future. I will be wanting to run some through the loop obviously. Will post results. The first on the list is a proper noise gate. My eq is noisy and the OD channel is fairly noisy as well. I want to tighten this up. All that being said, I am extremely happy with my decision to experience Jet City amps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am in urgent need of some advice. I just got three new pedals for my setup. A Boss ns-2/Noise suppressor, a Electro Harmonix small stone and a Digitech Hardwire dl-8 delay/looper. First and foremost. I need to address the noise issues. I previously purchased an Mxr 10 band eq. Which is very noisy. My overdrive channel of my JCA50H is very noisy. Hence my motivation for wanting a noise suppressor. I cannot do anything to get rid of the noise from the OD channel. It is so noisy that I find it unusable at this point. All the other pedals are now disconnected. I am dealing with the Noise suppressor. I previously had the eq in the loop by itself. It is disconnected as well. I tried the suppressor through the loop by itself. No sound. I tried it between the amp and the speaker. Very faint sound, not good. It is fine through the clean channel. Please help. Advise on chain configurations are welcomed. I understand the basics. I am new this kind of setup. I have never had a head and cab setup before. Always combo amps. I know that I have several issues here. I will try not to make things too complicated. I actually and starting to suspect a amp issue now. I purchased this scratch n dent used from Musician's Friend. Someone replaced the two way power switch with a "3 way" switch. I am wondering if there are electrical issues. I am going to check out the tubes also. There might be a problem in the preamp section. This amp is only a few months old. I will figure out the rest of the chain configuration by trial and error. I know that the delay should be by itself at the end of chain. Distortion stays out of the fx loop.,etc. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by THRAKD

View Post

I am in urgent need of some advice. I just got three new pedals for my setup. A Boss ns-2/Noise suppressor, a Electro Harmonix small stone and a Digitech Hardwire dl-8 delay/looper. First and foremost. I need to address the noise issues. I previously purchased an Mxr 10 band eq. Which is very noisy. My overdrive channel of my JCA50H is very noisy. Hence my motivation for wanting a noise suppressor. I cannot do anything to get rid of the noise from the OD channel. It is so noisy that I find it unusable at this point. All the other pedals are now disconnected. I am dealing with the Noise suppressor. I previously had the eq in the loop by itself. It is disconnected as well. I tried the suppressor through the loop by itself. No sound. I tried it between the amp and the speaker. Very faint sound, not good. It is fine through the clean channel. Please help. Advise on chain configurations are welcomed. I understand the basics. I am new this kind of setup. I have never had a head and cab setup before. Always combo amps. I know that I have several issues here. I will try not to make things too complicated. I actually and starting to suspect a amp issue now. I purchased this scratch n dent used from Musician's Friend. Someone replaced the two way power switch with a "3 way" switch. I am wondering if there are electrical issues. I am going to check out the tubes also. There might be a problem in the preamp section. This amp is only a few months old. I will figure out the rest of the chain configuration by trial and error. I know that the delay should be by itself at the end of chain. Distortion stays out of the fx loop.,etc. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

My guess is you have a microphonic tube that is creating noise. My JCA100 is not a noisy amp in the slightest. I would start replacing the preamp tubes. Also, make sure your amp and effects power is plugged into the same strip to avoid a ground loop. lastly, the grounding in your house may not be right. Also, use a different power source for your pedals in the loop and the pedals up front. make sure those power sources are plugged into the same strip again.

Also, never put a pedal in between your amp and speaker. That's how amps blow up. If you are getting no sound in the loop, then your send and return are mixed up or the noise suppressor is set way too high.

The way I have mine set up is overdrives and modulation ( i hate the ways chorus/phaser/etc sound in the loop) in front of the amp, and delay and noise suppressor in the loop

Archived