JCA Owners!! Join the Jet City Lounge!!

guitarbilly74

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

View Post

JCA needs a 3 channel version that can switch between totally clean and THAT crunch sound and then still have a lead channel..... pretty much the line of thought that led me to the cerberus. That crunch is too awesome to relinquish just to have a clean channel. icon_lol.gif Imma roll my volume back instead. redface.gif

I think Carvin may have beaten them to the punch there with it's new 3-channel, switchable 7/22/50-watt V3M head.

• Members

The YouTube videos coming out of this years NAMM made the V3M sound pretty killer, as did the $599 announced price tag. I was (and am) seriously tempted to get one.

It didn't stop me from getting the JCA20H, though. I've only had it a few days, but it's already become my favorite amp.

• Members

Hey thanks for the quick reply,love your vids by the way,sold the amp for me!

Oh one other thing i have the amp set at 50 watts because my 2x12 has 2x30 watt gh12s in it.I may get a 4x12 for it or a couple of V30s.

I have a gig on Sat so i will find out then,fingers crossed!

• Members

Hey fellow JetCity Freaks.... I have a question.

I just replaced a tube in my jca2112rc.... I placed a GT 12AT7 Gold Series in V2 (this is the first time I've replaced a tube in any amp. so there goes my cherry. lol) I turned on the amp and cranked it up a bit and I think the AT7 did the trick for me on the clean side. I like what I heard and I think it bought be enough clean head room that I can be happy with it without further mods. BUT! What little reverb the amp had in the first place is not almost totally gone.... WTF? I think I might try placing the AT7 in V1 to see what it does in that position but thought I'd ask you guys first.

I'm definately pleasantly surprized with the clean after swapping this tube.... I do have a BOSS ME-25 that I can use for reverb if I have to but would like to have the original spring reverb sound if possible.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Doug

View Post

We have a bunch of product in customs right now and it's taking too long to clear. But we've been told we will be released today. So, then some transit time, and our availability position will change...

Doug, just another suggestion for a customizing product for your amps, but since you already sell replacement baffles in red and white, I'd love to see a baffle available in purple (or even a dark green, I'd buy both). I think they''d both look awesome fronting your amps with the white piping and the big 333 logo.

Might want to pass on the "other" secondary color, though, given it's association to a different manufacturer. lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

Can anyone shed some light on the speakers in the Jet City cabs? Is there a certain speaker that they are modeled after? I have a 2x12 Jet City cab and first quick jam on it sounds like they are V30-ish.

They are the standard Eminence OEM speaker. Similar to the Epiphone Lady Luck. I think they are generic Legends. I actually really like them. Good power handling and they are what I call "tone neutral."

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by CoonDog42

View Post

I'm not really getting the necessity of the depth mod. Wouldn't I have more control over the sound with a separate 6- or 10-band EQ?

yes but that's not really necessary either, my 2 JCAs are unmodded and sound great without an external EQ

These amps are plug and play.. no mods or eqs needed to sound fantastic

• Members

I'm now an owner of the JCA20H. I quite love the amp as it is. One thing though is that I wanted to try boosting it for a tighter metal tone since I sold my XXX and occasionally might need it and the overdrive side of my fulltone gt-500 just made it noisy and muddier. Are there any affordable boosts or overdrives that tighten this thing up for more of a tight metal tone. Not the brootz dunh dunh squeal mind you just a nice tight gain, more of a metalcore sound.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yes but that's not really necessary either, my 2 JCAs are unmodded and sound great without an external EQ

I agree, and I am a huge supporter of eq pedals. At least with the 20 watt head, anyway.

Just received my 100 watter today, so we will see if I feel the same way about it biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xraylemur

View Post

I'm now an owner of the JCA20H. I quite love the amp as it is. One thing though is that I wanted to try boosting it for a tighter metal tone since I sold my XXX and occasionally might need it and the overdrive side of my fulltone gt-500 just made it noisy and muddier. Are there any affordable boosts or overdrives that tighten this thing up for more of a tight metal tone. Not the brootz dunh dunh squeal mind you just a nice tight gain, more of a metalcore sound.

the good ol' SD-1 will do, it's what I use with mine. I also have an OCD but I use it for a crunch tone on the clean channel. As a boost the SD-1 is ideal for the JCA. No need to buy anything more expensive than that.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah pretty much that ^

an mxr eq pedal in the loop can give you tons of control if you're for whatever reason unsatisfied. The amp's eq section is really powerful though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sahlomonic

View Post

Can anyone shed some light on the speakers in the Jet City cabs? Is there a certain speaker that they are modeled after? I have a 2x12 Jet City cab and first quick jam on it sounds like they are V30-ish.

The 100 watter in my ISO cab sounds nothing like a V30 to me. It does remind me a bit of my Legend V128. All I own are Emi's now and I couldn't be happier love.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by xraylemur

View Post

Jet City sells some pretty well priced pedals idn_smilie.gif. Should work well with another product they designed.

Archived