The Rivera Lounge - Welcome in!

Dave L

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't know if anyone posted this in here, but i found a great Rivera Info page over on TGP. Its got a bunch of good info, especially for someone new to the Rivera clan.

Have fun and don't hurt yourself.

Matt

Yeah, he pointed me to some excellent tube choices for my TBR1 a few years back. A very helpful guy, that

• Members

I've got a question about my K100 and I guess this would be the best place to ask.

Sometimes when I'm playing the amp will produce a few loud pops and some occasional hiss that will continue for about 10-20 seconds before another pop and then the amp goes quiet again. When I play a note, it starts popping and hissing again. I've disconnected the guitar from the head and turned all the controls down in the preamp section and it will still do this. I've also tried patching into the effects loop send, but not bringing it back into the return so no signal was going through to the speakers and it still does it. The strangest part is that after a few hours of it being off standby the popping and hissing stops altogether.

Has anyone else experienced these problems with their Rivera (or amp in general) and would know what I need to do to fix it? If I have to send it back to Rivera I will, but I would like to avoid doing that as my band is getting ready to record and I really need my amp.

• Members

I've had the same tubes in it for the past year. I'll try that first before doing anything else.

I have another question for ya'll.

Does Rivera do custom jobs?
I'm really interested in a Quiana head, but the only one I see they have on the site is a 50w head. The 100w versions are all 212 combos. Do you think they would make a 100w Quiana head if a customer asked for one?

• Members

I've had the same tubes in it for the past year. I'll try that first before doing anything else.

I have another question for ya'll.

Does Rivera do custom jobs?

I'm really interested in a Quiana head, but the only one I see they have on the site is a 50w head. The 100w versions are all 212 combos. Do you think they would make a 100w Quiana head if a customer asked for one?

I may be wrong but I'm thinking that you could do it cheaper and maybe with more style if you got an aftermarket head case

• Members

correction,

"SHELL"

see here:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=55269&highlight=shell

link didn't work,

here's the relevant text:

Don't know anyone that stocks them or specializes, but there are a number of custom cab builders who could probably build whatever you want/need:

http://swansoncabinets.com/Heads.html

http://bobburtcabinets.com

http://www.sultone.com

I was looking at some head cabs at www.mojotone.com as well. I think they have the small box Marshall heads on the website. As for the orientation, I would think you'd need the tubes facing up, but they could possibly build you a one off cab that would work the other way around.

Forum member Crusty does very nice custom head cabs.

this is referring to a Gear Page fourm member

• Members

hello

im new to the harmony central forums, but i have been using it for reviews for quite some time now.

i just recently purchased a Rivera knucklehead II amp and completely love it.

you can get pretty much whatever tone you want out of it with minimal tweaking.

i havent quite got any pictures yet because ive been to busy playing it all day.

do any of you guy's have any favorite settings on your amps you could recommend for either channels?

• Members
I still kick myself for not jumping on a creme-tolexed Rake with matching 2x12 about a year ago. He had it priced pretty attractively, but I only wanted the head and he understandably wanted to sell them as a set. It was pretty stupid of me not to buy them both, I

• Members

I got a good deal on a knucklehead 100. shippin to me on monday/tuesday.

Soi think i will have to lose my recent M60 head. If anybody in Europe is interested in getting one?

I Am from Europe.

CAnt wait to brn up both of them babies to see the difference i have been asking about....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey guys today I tried for the first time my rivera k-tre..
Before playing i read the manual on the official site and i made the various cable connections..but when i turn on the stand-by switch the amp makes some pops for about 5 seconds and there is a last pop after about 35 seconds...and then everything's normal...i wanted to know if this is normal and if your k-tre does the same..

here's a video of this pops : View My Video

I plugged a speaker cable into the speaker 1 output and the input jack in the speaker cabinet with 8 ohm..(both "the use first" speakers)

dsc02437rv0.jpg

help me please!!!:cry:

• Members

Thought you guys would like to take a look see. I got a little crazy with my rig a couple weeks a go and my Rivera Knucklehead went
from this:
rivera.jpg

To This:
ampfront.jpg
ampandcabfar.jpg
ampside.jpg

Just a couple nights with attention to detail and it was done.

Hope yall like.

Matt

• Members
Hey guys today I tried for the first time my rivera k-tre..

Before playing i read the manual on the official site and i made the various cable connections..but when i turn on the stand-by switch the amp makes some pops for about 5 seconds and there is a last pop after about 35 seconds...and then everything's normal...i wanted to know if this is normal and if your k-tre does the same..

here's a video of this pops :
View My Video

I plugged a speaker cable into the speaker 1 output and the input jack in the speaker cabinet with 8 ohm..(both "the use first" speakers)

dsc02437rv0.jpg

help me please!!!
:cry:

That

• Members

i'm looking at possibly buying a Fandango....anyone have any experience/comments on them??

Beautiful cleans. Great overdrive. Definitely not for metal but what a great sound for blues and straight up rock. I was soooo close to buying one before I opted to go with a fender twin reverb. wish I could have both.

Archived