The Rivera Lounge - Welcome in!

Dave L

• Members

To the best of my knowledge, they only make one 1x12 Quiana. Yeah, the 6L6s are a little sweeter than the EL84s, but they can still produce raunch when you need it. It's really an amazing amp.

I should have kept saving.....some days I want to just ditch my entire rig and start over completely.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like I mentioned previously, I own the R55-112 combo. It is the sickest little amp on earth! I usually use it by itself on smaller gigs but I run it through a Marshall 1982b cab for bigger gigs and it SLAYS. I can't believe how cheap these amps are vs. the value, workmanship and tone.

• Members
I was wowed by it when I heard clips of it on the EH site. I couldn't believe that the clips I was listening to were guitar. From that point on I knew I had to have one. Since then I've been using it whenever I can. My band is writing a new cd and I'm already using it in two of the new songs. The rest of my bandmates absolutely love it.
:thu:

I love me some EH pedals! Next up is the Pulsar.

Same here. I actually went to the music store to get a tremolo pedal and I played the POG while I was there. I was blown away from the start. I always wanted a pedal to make a guitar sound like an organ and it was perfect. I walked out with the last one (floor model) instead of the tremolo.

I am also recording an album with my band and I have fit the POG into everysong since I got it. I can't restrain myself! The band loves it too. If you go to my myspace site and listen to "Darkest Days" that song has it in the intro, chorus and bridge parts. It was the first song I did with it. EH make some awesome pedals. I also have the mini Q-tron and USA Small Clone. Word is they might be making a DMM in one of their smaller housings!

• Members

Count me in as well. I bought a K Tre' a few months ago. I'm still struggling to get the right cab for the job. I bought a Basson cab, loaded with Eminence Red White and Blues standard from Basson. But now, I'm thinking I should have bought the matching Rivera cab loaded with V30's. I'm starting to think that speaker selection is crucial to making the amp sound it's best.

The amp still sounds great. Intense, massive, liquid gain:love: Good stuff.

• Members

My factory modded Knucklehead 100 just got here and after a new set of tubes (JJ's) and a bias, this thing is a fire breathing animal. I am so happy with it. It literally coaxes so much more from my playing. I think possibly that because of the clarity and articulation that this head has, it forces me to play better, rather than sucking like usual. Anyway, I am a very proud Rivera owner and just wanted to share some of my school girl glee.

Thanks
Matt

• Members

Does anyone here use Ch1 for a clean sound and Ch2 for their dirt? I was fooling around with this a little today for a pop/rock band I play in where I need that "just breaking up" lead sound. The Ninja Boost can be a little too much on my R30. I found the clean on Ch1 wasn't as shimmery as I'd like, but it worked. Ch 2 was singing, though...

• Members
Well I tried turning down mt send and return levls with delay in line and cranking up the master. Seemed to work out pretty well. I was able to get a good tone at low levels and still use my effects in the loop.
:thu:

That

• Members

I still kick myself for not jumping on a creme-tolexed Rake with matching 2x12 about a year ago. He had it priced pretty attractively, but I only wanted the head and he understandably wanted to sell them as a set. It was pretty stupid of me not to buy them both, I

• Members
bothrigs2.jpg

Been loving my M100 since 2005. I use it when I want to get more vintage-y type tones, and I use the Mesa rig when I want more modern tones.

What about the M100, how does it compare to ex. Mesa Mark IIB and Marshall DSL?

Thinking about buying it but not sure

The M100 would have similar tonal qualities to the Marshall with a guaranteed better clean channel and probably a better dirty channel as well, but it may not have quite as much gain. The M100 has enough gain to get rocking really hard but it's not much of a metal amp. That's the way I like it though.

• Members

Hi Guy's

I'm thinking of getting a Clubster 45,,,i like the sound of the overdrive channel, but not sure of the clean channel - my problem is i'd like the clean channel to be gritty, not Fendery clean.
Is this possible with this amp? Or should i think of a Chubster 40?

Thanks

• Members

Hi Guy's

I'm thinking of getting a Clubster 45,,,i like the sound of the overdrive channel, but not sure of the clean channel - my problem is i'd like the clean channel to be gritty, not Fendery clean.

Is this possible with this amp? Or should i think of a Chubster 40?

Thanks

I think the preamp section has a bit in common with my older knuckle head K100. That clean channel can do both fendery cleans and a bit more british, think Vox AC30, depending on the mid notch setting and the EQ. Here's a clip of the clean channel on my amp, click th "Country telecaster" song.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=673453

• Members
Oh guy's thanks for the response's

I'm also curious to know the differences between a Pubster 45 and a Clubster 45? Beats me?!

The pubster is a single channel amp with a hi-gain boost switch an seperate master volume for that. The clubster is two channel. Neither one appears to have that mid-notch switch I was talking about, but I'm sure you'll be able to find your sound with it anyway. I'd go for the clubster :thu:

Archived