The Rivera Lounge - Welcome in!

Dave L

• Members

angus99, I don't believe my Knucklehead K-100 has anything like a half power switch. The M & S series appear to have a lot of really nice features. I'd be curious to hear what they sound like compared to my Knucklehead. Now that I know the key to my Knucklehead...crank it a bit, I really like it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is no joke! I played my Ktre at bedroom volumes and it sounds thin and buzzy. Then when I crank it to 2 1/2 or 3 it becomes a fire-breathing beast from HELL:evil:

You can't play a Rivera low, it has to be cranked:thu:

Sadly the reason why I sold my KH100R.:cry: At "1.5", the windows in the house were shaking...a no no when there is an infant living there.

• Members

angus99, I don't believe my Knucklehead K-100 has anything like a half power switch. The M & S series appear to have a lot of really nice features. I'd be curious to hear what they sound like compared to my Knucklehead. Now that I know the key to my Knucklehead...crank it a bit, I really like it.

Wish I could offer a comparison, Rich, but I'm not familiar with the K series. There are tons of comparisions on thegearpage from a guy named Riverastoasters and others who know the whole line well. The M/S series is pretty amazing. Currently, I have my volume on channel 1 at 10 and other controls cranked as well to shape the tone. But the neighbors don't hear me because the perceived volume level is controlled by the pots on the effects loop. Doubtless it would sound even better if the speakers were pushing more air, but it's pretty great sound as is. This was the key for me to get tones I like at practice levels; glad you found yours.:thu:

Angus

• Members

IMG_0226.jpg

I love my Rivera...All three pieces!

Originally Posted by flytrapx

You can't play a Rivera low, it has to be cranked

Not entirely true. While most amps perform best opened up, I can still get the tubes cooking by using a patch cord in the the loop. Crank up the volume and adjust the send and return levels. Makes me happy!

EDIT: I just noticed that Angus99 posted the same info...

Rivera Rocks!!!

Johnny

• Members

I am not familiar with the patch cord in the loop trick. Can I do the same with FX in line in the loop? I like to have my delays running n the loop.

As for MS and KH tones, I have had both and the MS doesn't get as heavy and as much gain. I use a TS-9 in front for more metal/hard rock tones and it sounds awesome. The MS also tend to have alot less bass than the K-series. Maybe if I used an extension cabinet it would solve some of this but as I mentioned I have my Splawn if I want chest-pounding low end chunk. I would say the MS is more classic rock oriented w/o any pedals.

• Members

Another variation Paul Rivera recommends is using a volume pedal in the loop.

I'm not using any effects in the loop. So when I crank the amp up and then send the signal through the loop, it is basically attenuating the signal. I'm not sure how the effects you are using would influence your tone but you can give it a try and hear how it sounds! It may work for you.

Good Luck

JohnnyL

• Members

That Flat Head Tele kicks all sorts of ass. I'd want the same tele too but in black satin. {censored}in' ay!
:love:

Too bad they cost a helluva lot of money in Europe.
:cry:

This one is in UK with me, but ADORE it so much, bought another (delivered tomorrow) to house in Texas. It Kicks SERIOUS ass in ways not probably expected :) (tone wise) and near as damn plays itself!

• Members

I used to be in the club. I owned 2 M60 heads in the 90s. I might be joining again. I really like the tones I heard from the Fandango on the Rivera site. I need to check these as well as a few others in person. I've gone thru lots of amps but there is just something that they are lacking compared to the Riveras I had. The Rivs seem to have this depth and richness to their tone that I've not been able to hear in other amps.

Oh well, right now I'm paying off bills so it'll be a while.

• Members

I have an R55 that I converted to a head, running through an Engl 4x12. I can make this amp sound like anything I want. I'll keep it till it dies like an old truck.

For me the magic dirty sound comes from =no pedals upfront=

Can you post a pic of the head? I have an R55 too.

• Members

Don't know if this qualifies me or not but I sure love the hell out of my CS 2x12 speaker cab. The other guitar player in my band is getting one of the 4x10 cabs they had on clearance on the Rivera website. I would love to get a TBR power amp sometime or even a TBR-1SL.

amp001a.jpg

• Members

Don't know if this qualifies me or not but I sure love the hell out of my CS 2x12 speaker cab. The other guitar player in my band is getting one of the 4x10 cabs they had on clearance on the Rivera website. I would love to get a TBR power amp sometime or even a TBR-1SL.

amp001a.jpg

I was looking for one of those a while back

can't remember, is it open or closed back ??

• Members

Hey! This is my kind of place! :wave:

rivera_rig.jpg

All you Rivera guys probably notice I'm using the wrong footswitch for this head. The guy I bought it off of lost the original FS-7, so he had to get a new one. Unfortunately he got mixed up and ordered an FS-6 instead. I tried to get a local store to swap me (since the FS-6 was brand new) for an FS-7 and they refused.

I hate Rivera dealers, but I love my amp.

• Members

I was looking for one of those a while back

can't remember, is it open or closed back ??

Each speaker is in it's own sealed compartment and the top one has a removable back panel so you can have one closed back and one open back or both closed back.

• Members

Hey! This is my kind of place!
:wave:
rivera_rig.jpg

All you Rivera guys probably notice I'm using the wrong footswitch for this head. The guy I bought it off of lost the original FS-7, so he had to get a new one. Unfortunately he got mixed up and ordered an FS-6 instead. I tried to get a local store to swap me (since the FS-6 was brand new) for an FS-7 and they refused.

I hate Rivera dealers, but I love my amp.

Nice, another POG user! I have one always on my board and it never leaves. I love that pedal and it certainly turns some heads.

boardnewgw3.jpg

• Members

Nice, another POG user! I have one always on my board and it never leaves. I love that pedal and it certainly turns some heads.

I was wowed by it when I heard clips of it on the EH site. I couldn't believe that the clips I was listening to were guitar. From that point on I knew I had to have one. Since then I've been using it whenever I can. My band is writing a new cd and I'm already using it in two of the new songs. The rest of my bandmates absolutely love it. :thu:

I love me some EH pedals! Next up is the Pulsar.

• Members

Here's a 2005 Quiana that I just bought last week.

IMG_0601.jpg

I had bought an R30 a month ago and it gave me huge GAS for the Quiana. I can't imagine needing another amp -- it's absolutely amazing!
:thu:

Nice amp...I was thinking about one of those, but they're still a little out of my price range. Those 6L6's in there seem to give that amp a slightly different flavor than the other EL34 powered Riveras. Is there a difference between the Quiana "Studio" and just a regular Quiana? Or are they the same?

Archived