The Rivera Lounge - Welcome in!

Dave L

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds like a sweet setup. Can you post a clip?

hey, can't get the 4x12 up to my apartment- it stays in the truck downstairs.. :cry: I couldn't record it decent enough in the apartment anyways.

I guess just imagine a cross between a VH sound and Neil Geraldo ..I'm somewheres in there :thu:

• Members

hey, can't get the 4x12 up to my apartment- it stays in the truck downstairs..
:cry:
I couldn't record it decent enough in the apartment anyways.

I guess just imagine a cross between a VH sound and Neil Geraldo ..I'm somewheres in there
:thu:

That's ok, even in my house I don't get too many chances to play full bore :cry:

Sounds cool though!

• Members

Hey, i've got an R100 and was wondering if you could elaborate on what kind of eq/loop/amp settings you like to use?
:cool:

:wave:

well I've got a Strat with a Screamin Demon full HB in the bridge, still with the 250K Strat pots (and thats how I like it)... Strings are .011's .. This has made me happy. Intonation is great.

I only know settings that work with the full band in rehearsal so thats Channel 1 Master on 6, boost pulled. Preamp around 4-4.5. Bass 4-4.5, mids 4 or 5, Treb 3.5-4, presence 3-4. Reverb off. Fairly dry until I whack the guitar harder and excite the tubes. I don't use the Fenderish ch. 2. I use my volume knob for clean-ish sounds. And yes I've made little marks with white pen for 1/2 increments on my knobs... this Rivera is very responsive. I go straight into the amp no pedals upfront.

In the loop I've just got the tuner, solo boost (BD-2) , a flanger, 3 delays and a Reverb pedal. In and out levels stay at 6.5 each. If I goose the Return I know I get more volume but it gets a bit boxy sounding.

Tubes= SED winged C EL 34's. Preamp V1 RFT Ecc83, V2-4 new Chinese, V5/P.I. Mullard CV4024

• Members

I used to own an original TBR-1 (before the SL & M models) (was also my favorite), A TBR-1SL, a TBR2SL, and a M-100....

Awesome amps, Awesome Company, and Paul Rivera is a SUPER nice guy.

Or does it mean I cant join since I dont currently own one, I am a Fan however.
:D

Never!

jk, sure, were not elitist here :D

• Members

Sounds like a sweet setup. Can you post a clip?

Actually here's the best I can do for now. THey're 2 songs from our last CD. They sort of represent clean/dirty alright. Recorded into my homemade iso-cab with a Carvin "v-30" -ish speaker. Beware some of the heavy tones are low/medium gain doubles I did with different channels/settings left and right. I think this was with my JB Jr. pickup in the bridge too. (beware my amateur mixing-mastering. we're just 30 something guys doing it for fun)

here you click on the large play button to stream or the down arrow to download. If you stream, for some reason you need to choose your player twice :rolleyes:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2962&alid=-1

• Members

My R55 12 kicks ass. It's a great amp that does lots of things well. I bought it used for less than $500 and it's in great condition - dated 1994. Every once in a while I think about selling it (just because I want some strange) and then I audition some amps and reach the same conclusion. For the money and what I do, this is the best amp for me. Everyone who hears it agrees it sounds killer. What's not to love. Great tweed and blackface tones, Marshall in spades all a click away, nice reverb, built like a tank.

• Members

Actually here's the best I can do for now. THey're 2 songs from our last CD. They sort of represent clean/dirty alright. Recorded into my homemade iso-cab with a Carvin "v-30" -ish speaker. Beware some of the heavy tones are low/medium gain doubles I did with different channels/settings left and right. I think this was with my JB Jr. pickup in the bridge too. (beware my amateur mixing-mastering. we're just 30 something guys doing it for fun)

here you click on the large play button to stream or the down arrow to download. If you stream, for some reason you need to choose your player twice
:rolleyes:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2962&alid=-1

That sounds great. The songs have a very original sound, like your not trying to cop anyone else. I like the guitar tone too, at first I was thinking it sounded like you were using greenbacks because of the focused midrange. I like more bass in my tone but it's a different style too. For the songs I think your tone is fitting perfectly.

Keep it up :thu:

• Members

(I'll probably post this on the Rivera Yahoo forum as well, so apologies if you see it more than once.)

I have a '92 M60 combo with a C212 verical cab loaded with Hellatones. I run it with a patch cord bridging the effects loop and get great tone out of it at practice levels. Love the amp & love the cab but still consider myself a total novice with them.

Normally, I play a USA Strat Plus with Gold Lace Sensors. I borrowed a friend's ES 335 recently and was amazed at how dark and muddy it sounds on the Strat settings. Sure, I was expecting a difference, but wow! Channel 1 was pure mud while Channel 2 was starting to get chimey with a nice breakup when I had to quit for the day. Of course, I plan to experiment a lot, but I just wondered if there are rules of thumb for humbuckers vs. single coils for these channels.

Many thanks

Angus

• Members

brand new m60 user here...

came with pretty worn tubes though...

But the tone control of the amp is still amazing.

I dont shred at all, just play rhythm.

Nice cleans and cruncnh sound.

Coming from Europe i must say that owning a Rivera is an awesome thing. Nobody know the amp really, butwhen they hear it, they are very intrigued by the quality of the sound...

Love mine, and wich i would live in the US not having to pay so much for the Rivera's.

Used m60 goes for around 1000Euro/1300$. New knucklehead from HC user for 1500$. A steal!

I am wondering what tubes do you use?

HAve to change mine...

KT88, EL34..?

What bout the pre-amp tubes?

• Members

That sounds great. The songs have a very original sound, like your not trying to cop anyone else. I like the guitar tone too, at first I was thinking it sounded like you were using greenbacks because of the focused midrange. I like more bass in my tone but it's a different style too. For the songs I think your tone is fitting perfectly.

Keep it up
:thu:

:)

• Members

HAve to change mine...

KT88, EL34..?

I use SED winged C EL 34, may change to JJ KT77 on my next service.

Preamp tubes, I play around with constantly but I'm fairly settled on:

V1 RFT Ecc83 (esp. good for natural OD, no pedal)

V2-V4 Chinese

V5 Mullard CV 4024 (low gain, focuses the tone better to my ears)

• Members

brand new m60 user here...

Coming from Europe i must say that owning a Rivera is an awesome thing. Nobody know the amp really, butwhen they hear it, they are very intrigued by the quality of the sound...

HAve to change mine...

KT88, EL34..?

Congrats on the M60, they're amazing amps. Mine came with a new set of tubes from Rivera (Svetlanas), but I might experiment with some Chinese tubes I keep hearing about.

Speakers also make a huge difference with these. If you ever get a chance to score a Rivera cab, give it some serious thought. I've got a C212 vertical slant and put Hellatones (G12H30 and V30) in it. Great for rock.

You may already be aware of Riveraheads, but there's lots of info there and lots of guys from Europe :thu:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/riveraheads/

Good luck

Angus

• Members

:thu: Hi Everyone,I'm a newbie to the lounge,I asked a local "amp tech" for a decent set of 12ax7 or ec33 tubes for a good High Gain /smooth distortion tone in the preamp secton,this is my FIRST Rivera,I wish I wouldn't have waited so long! It sounded good as it was,but the guy had every pre-amp-power tube driver,DIFFERENT! groove tubes,electro harmonix,mesa,etc. and one 12 ax7b,two ax7 b,and other assorted,can't remember offhand. I don't know if it was method to madness,or just run what he brung,it sounded ok,but I KNEW it could be BETTER without going fot the power tube changes,Re-Biasing,always was told,go for the EASY stuff first! ANYAY the guy hands me FOUR-told him I needed 5,possibly 1 CLEAN type 12ax7 in case one was used as an FX loop buffer-I had no schematics to go by,so I did the best I could.,handed me a bunch of generic chinese 12ax7 b's! sounded a bit better actually,but still NOT THERE YET!

Any Recommendations would be great. I mentioned Queensryche as far as guitar tone,to give an idea of what I like,not the gritty,muddy,inarticulate sounds of distortion,but,smooth,yet MEAN,good sustain,controllable harmonics/feedback,etc,.. I know Michael Wilton and Chris DeGarmo used alot of solid stae gear in their bag o' tricks also,so Ialready know that,I just want a GOOD BASE to start from,if that makes sense.

Thanks much in ADVANCE,THIS IS A GREAT "CLUB",PLEASE COUNT ME IN!!.

Take Care,STAY WARM!!

Bob

Clifton,NJ:wave:

Archived