The Engl Thread

LIAR-502

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

saxamafone, is the ISP really that much better than the NS-2? I don't see how it could be that much better?
:confused:

it really is awesome mega!
as robo said - it's the best noise reduction around.
i noticed the NS-2 to add some high end and definately altered the tone a little.

the isp is NO tone alteration whatsoever - i had another guitarist in the studio the other night.. he was playing and i kept asking him to tell me when he thought the isp was on/off.. he couldn't tell the difference at all, neither could i.

the isp will allow for stop/start "gate" like muting while giving long natural sustain at the same time :thu:
i refuse to play a high gain amp now without one.. it's that good!

the average non geek person might argue there's not that much of a difference b/w all noise reducers but to us tone geeks/freaks - there's definately a difference mate:)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

I have a live video of Necrophagist where the other guitarist is playing a Blackmore. I'd take a Savage or Blackmore over a Powerball/Fireball for death metal anyday. The Blackmore is so god damn clear, perfect for fast picking intricate stuff. And it obviously has more than enough gain for any type of metal.

well to quote Muhammed on the 860 vs. Blackmore "countless a/b comparisons done and it doesn't come close" or something like that.

I know the guitarist switched to another 860 now.

Although i've heard that the blackmore has the same preamp as the 860, just uses different tubes. one of them uses el84 and the other 6l6. although i'm sure that's changed easily enough.

• Members
Originally posted by saxamafone

hey bradman -

i just got an isp decimator from
www.music123.com

GREAT pedal - i'm using it with my blackmore now, the only other pedal i've owned was the ns-2 and the isp SLAYS it
:thu:
don't pay the bull{censored} retail aussie price for one [if they're even in oz - i haven't seen em]

PS i'm going to adelaide tomoz to see the family etc.. u guys got anything good there besides the beach?
;):D

ah the only way to truely experience adelaide - go there for the summer and get eatten by your very own white pointer!!
:D
:D

shark_island.jpg

Adelaide.......um...........things to do???//well.........um.......

nah it isn't that bad. My favourite thing about Adelaide isn't Adelaide but it's only 3 hours away. Yorke Peninsula (Inness national park) World class surfing and fishing.

Not sure whats going on this weekend... think someone said it was christmas or something?...........lol.

Thanks for the info!!!! Cheers.

What model did you get?

HOw did you go about getting it into Australia? Did you just pay on their web site and have it shipped here? Costs etc. would be very helpfull (inclusive, shipping tax etc.)

Thanks mate. Have a good time in Adelaide.

• Members

MEGA: What they said is correct about the ISP...it is really the best in what it does IMO....it wont trail off like the NS2 but it sucks no tone away..my ns2 always pissed me off becuase it just did something wierd to the tone..almost smoothed it out a bit and did add some wierd high end.

• Members

Originally posted by Bradman006

Adelaide.......um...........things to do???//well.........um.......

nah it isn't that bad. My favourite thing about Adelaide isn't Adelaide but it's only 3 hours away. Yorke Peninsula (Inness national park) World class surfing and fishing.

Not sure whats going on this weekend... think someone said it was christmas or something?...........lol.

Thanks for the info!!!! Cheers.

What model did you get?

HOw did you go about getting it into Australia? Did you just pay on their web site and have it shipped here? Costs etc. would be very helpfull (inclusive, shipping tax etc.)

Thanks mate. Have a good time in Adelaide.

cheers!

in australia, you only pay customs tax and gst if the value of the item is over $1000AU..

if you buy anything overseas that's valued under $1000 then you don't pay anything except shipping.

EDIT: - i mean $1000 including shipping aswell

yes i buy through the music123 site using paypal - bought many items and never had a problem.

i bought the pedal version coz then you don't have to worry about stepdown converters etc.. it runs on 9V just like any other stomp.

i think mine cost about $200AU including shipping.

• Members

Originally posted by Clypher

can the blackmore be rebiased to support el34's by someone who doesn't know stuff... like me?

still wondering...

rgt220a---->savage se---->g force---->el34----->uberkab

i would considering murdering someone, even one of my friends, for that setup.

• Members

This is my first ENGL with EL34's and it sounds pretty good to me ;) ;)

SE3.jpg

BTW the SE has a small switch on top of the chassis where you can choose between 6L6 and EL34, it also has two extrernal bias pots (still need to check out but I think for the inner and outer two tubes) and leds which indicate (if you turn the pots) if your bias current is too low, too high or just right.....how cool is that!

• Members

It seems that the colour wears off the leds after some time, my Powerball is still hellish red though after 3 years.

THe SE has Blue leds, but their are not very bright blue, but what the hell it's only aesthetics. There's some guys that have chenged them out though also with other colours.

PIMP YER AMP :D

• Members

When I get the time I am going to read this entire thread, for now, let me ask you Engle players some questions.

I like the tone of the JSX and Triple XXX. I am not 100% happy though. The JSX sings really well but doesnt have a very killer distortion. THe XXX just lacks a few features I would like included such as compression and/or reverb.

I heard many sond clips of the various Engl amps on rocksolidamps.com and they all had pretty good distortion. I play modern metal and really enjoy doing lots of lead work from various instrumental guitarists. Which Engl amp would suit my needs best?

Those pics are all sweet. You guys have some outrageous gear. I feel so pathetic with my little Line6 combo. Those Engl cabinets look nice. I really liked a few pics I saw of them with some big bulky blue coasters on them. Are those stock?

Anyone live near Houston and know of any Engl dealers?

Cheers

• Members
Originally posted by gerrekat

THe SE has Blue leds, but their are not very bright blue, but what the hell it's only aesthetics.

I think the 6L6 SE has red, while the EL34 has blue leds.

Originally posted by porph

Ive also discovered recently that having the channel turned down to like 1-2 and then turning up the master sounds sooo much better than vice versa!

I've been doing that anyway! Although, at home volumes, they're both at about 2 :(

Archived