• Members
Originally posted by Dimebag11

I just bought a 2nd ENGL to go with my Blackmore
:)
Although, I have owned a Fireball and Powerball V1 previously
:)

I snagged an ENGL Savage SE with Z-12 and Midi Controller for $1,100 shipped

Saw that.....great deal!! Congrats!!

Now with all the Engl background you have, surely you can tell a fellow where to purchase an amp cover? Preferably with an Engl logo?

• Members

Originally posted by ZircoN5120

im going to buy a new ENGL amp soon, never had one but it seems to be a very nice sounding amp, no i got a Peaey Studio pro 112 wit a MT-2 :s (got an Ibanez SZ320 which combo should i buy? the Thunder 50 or Screamer 50? Is the board included?

what kidn of music are you gonna be playing?

• Members
Originally posted by Bradman006

I love this thread.

Everytime I play through my Savage 120 I'm like, yeah, this thing rules! It's the sound I've been after for ages, tried to get with boost pedals, EQ etc. with my Dual rectifier... but now I have it when I plug straight in.

hehe, i recently changed tubes in my savage and... wow! :thu:

6x EH 12AX7's
2x EH 6550's

• Members

Hi,

Just picked up a Screamer which Im very happy with but have a few questions.

The amp is brand new and sounds very trebbly - I have to run the amp with treble on 0 and lead presence on 0 otherwise it gets very ice picky (Im using a Les Paul)

Does this smooth out once the speaker is broken in or is it just the way the amp is.

The EQ seems pretty weak - again is this the way the amp is or could their be a problem?

Ill probably change out the preamp tubes as Im guessing they are fairly generic - any recommendations.

I play mainly classic rock

cheers

• Members

^ I don't think the screamer has a vintage 30.

But yeah, I tried one in a shop- most engls are kind of bright, but yours sounds faulty.

:thu:

EDIT: i just checked the engl site- apparently the screamer (and thunder!) now do have vintage 30's... they weren't advertised as having them on the old engl site...

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by gerrekat

That's a pretty pathetic reply to an old post, please stick to your merits you'll make a fool out of yourself this way.

+! Especially a post that is over a year old. Dig a little deeper why don't you.:thu::rolleyes:

BTW - There's a ton of OT post's on this forum so how come your still posting? :confused: :confused:

Derek

Archived