LIAR-502

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by TheGreatGreen

hal9000, i like the look of those front panels. it got me thinking, too. i like the blue LED for the cleen channel of the Powerball. would it be possible to change out one or two LED's from the front panel of an actual ENGL?

I've got some pics of my Savage SE, the Powerball should be similar in consturction.
On Top of the picture you see the two PCBs holding the Pots, Knobs and LEDs:
engldscf06710cq.th.jpg
Unfortunately all PCB are mounted with the components facing downwards. So changing ANYTHING is not really possible without removing the whole PCB board. Here are two shots where you can see the LEDs and the pots. Changing the LEDs is very easy, getting access to them probably not.
engldscf06762gs.th.jpg
engldscf06694jt.th.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by metalpoida

2950 !
:thu:

Thanks

Was that with a discount or anything?

I can get a Savage 120 for $3050 new if that means anything. The same place can order me a Powerball v2 at a similar discount.

It seems like a pretty good amp and the price isn't too high.

SOmething like an ENGL Savage SE would be great but I doubt that It would be HEAPS better than a PB. MOre features etc. but the Powerball has a pretty damn good metal tone.

• Members

Originally posted by Bradman006

SOmething like an ENGL Savage SE would be great but I doubt that It would be HEAPS better than a PB. MOre features etc. but the Powerball has a pretty damn good metal tone.

Voicing is different. Smoother and higher mids on the Savage SE. But I can set them to sound pretty similar. After 2 hours of practice, I can't tell the difference anymore, lol.

• Members

I will be buying an amp very soon, I have been looking at the thunder, screamer and fireball. I have seen a couple engl straights on ebay go for a pretty nice price. I was just wondering if anyone knows if the staright(which is an older engl) has the brutal gain of the newer engls. there arent that many reviews in the database

• Members

Originally posted by Nutter

Voicing is different. Smoother and higher mids on the Savage SE. But I can set them to sound pretty similar. After 2 hours of practice, I can't tell the difference anymore, lol.

Yeah, doesn't sound like its worth the extra $$$$ as far as I know, its almost double the price here.

• Members

Yeah, doesn't sound like its worth the extra $$$$ as far as I know, its almost double the price here.

Serious? I got both amps off eBay, Savage SE was about $500 more. The extra $$$ are for the "on-the-fly" versatility and tonal range. If it's double the $$$ in Oz then I'd go with the Powerball.

Hey you lot are going to cream us in tonight's one-dayer. But we have a devious plan to kidnap Brett Lee...
:D

• Members

Someone sell me a fireball!!!:mad:

I thought I had worked out a deal with a Single Rec... but now I found the same one on ebay... haha.

I don't think i can afford $1200US for a new one...

I hate waiting for used deals to come around. Seriously. I have the patience of a 5 year old.

• Members
Originally posted by Nutter

Serious? I got both amps off eBay, Savage SE was about $500 more. The extra $$$ are for the "on-the-fly" versatility and tonal range. If it's double the $$$ in Oz then I'd go with the Powerball.

Hey you lot are going to cream us in tonight's one-dayer. But we have a devious plan to kidnap Brett Lee...

:D

Its actually getting kind of boring... Australia wins everything these days (especially cricket). I much prefer being the underdogs. Brett Lee is a good bowler but I'm not really a fan, you can have him. He's in this ghey cricket band (think they're called hows that or something) and he's pretty arrogant. Oh, then we've got Warne, thats even worse... my favourites are Darren Lehman and Jason Gillespi (mullet boy) The're from my town and are good guys but they havnt been playing that great lately. Anyway good luck, hope its a close match.

I'm going to try out a Framus Cobra and a Savage 120 today or tomorow. The other music shop told me yesterday that I could be waiting 4 to 5 months to get an ENGL in. Thats just Crazy as I've been waiting 4 months already.

Oh and Im seeing Motley Crue Tomorrow, old school yeah!!!!!!!!

(has anyone seen Tommy lee's new clip, its {censored}ed its like a backstreet boy song. That guy must be {censored}ed up from all those drugs.)

• Members

You're wrong, the Savage SE is no longer available except for one or two stores in Germany. The new SE (not Savage) is a lot more expensive then the Savage120.

Archived