The Engl Thread

LIAR-502

• Members
Originally posted by porph

dude sweet. i have an epiphone les paul gothic and i desperately want a gibson one.

Love that white RR zewango!

Thanks man!!! I am dying to get it refretted... I got it back when they first came out and they are wore the {censored} out...

onehourburn
:cool:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members
Originally posted by xgxmanx

I lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ENGL !!!

Everything else is OVERRATED !!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

I also played a Soverign Combo yeterday and the thing IS THE BOMB !!! WHAT TONE !!!

I just got a new 8 space rack so I can fit my 570 in it !!!

THAT IS THE BEST PREAMP IN THE FREAKING WORLD !!!

sepre.jpg
latest_setup.jpg

it's so nice of you to leave room for the doorway.:)

• Members

I was talking with Engl earlier today and they have a new one in the works that will be 4 Channel's with each channel having it's own independent EQ(Gain,Bass,Mid,Treb,Presence). Real straight up no frill's from what they said with totally different tones than the other model's. I know they have been thinking of having channel 4 Bogner/Soldano influenced.I'll give more info when I know. :cool:

Oh Ya!! They are thinking up names for it too so if you guy;s have any idea's let's hear and I'll pass it on!!!!

Derek:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

I was talking with Engl earlier today and they have a new one in the works that will be 4 Channel's with each channel having it's own independent EQ(Gain,Bass,Mid,Treb,Presence). Real straight up no frill's from what they said with totally different tones than the other model's. I know they have been thinking of having channel 4 Bogner/Soldano influenced.I'll give more info when I know.

Oh Ya!! They are thinking up names for it too so if you guy;s have any idea's let's hear and I'll pass it on!!!!

Sounds way cool, but I imagine it'll be kinda expensive. Hopefully I'll have a well paying job in about 5-6 years though ;)

As for names, how about Engl Blizzard. Or maybe Rubberball :D

• Members
Originally posted by sekler

Hey guys,

i'd like to know which company could be comparable to Engl in term of build quality and reliability ? Mesa ?

I'll be an Engl owner soon and I'm looking around a bit.

thanks !

hey Derek, would you be able to answer that question ?

it would be appreciated :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by sekler

hey Derek, would you be able to answer that question ?

it would be appreciated

Regarding build quality and reliability. I'm not a tech but alot of people think the build quality is mediocre at best but I have been a dealer for over 2 year's now and have sold more Engl product's than anyone. I have as of yet had a customer contact me about any problem's with their amp's(Knock on wood:D). I'm sure I would of heard if a major repaIR was needed cause I handle all warranty repair reimbursement's for my personal customers. So with me I have not had a problem with my any of my amp's either except a power tube that went south and microphonic preamp tubes. They have a great track record from my experience.

• Members

I was talking with Engl earlier today and they have a new one in the works that will be 4 Channel's with each channel having it's own independent EQ(Gain,Bass,Mid,Treb,Presence). Real straight up no frill's from what they said with totally different tones than the other model's. I know they have been thinking of having channel 4 Bogner/Soldano influenced.I'll give more info when I know.

Oh THAT, old news :p I hear they are working on some cool stuff!

• Members

Regarding build quality and reliability. I'm not a tech but alot of people think the build quality is mediocre at best but I have been a dealer for over 2 year's now and have sold more Engl product's than anyone. I have as of yet had a customer contact me about any problem's with their amp's(Knock on wood:D). I'm sure I would of heard if a major repaIR was needed cause I handle all warranty repair reimbursement's for my personal customers. So with me I have not had a problem with my any of my amp's either except a power tube that went south and microphonic preamp tubes. They have a great track record from my experience.

Let me add my personal experience. My savage 120 has seen about 150 gigs and at least 200 rehearsals + studio time + home playing in the past 4.5 years and I've only had to replace the tubes a couple of times, no other issues whatsoever (knock on wood).

• Members

Ive used Engl Screamer head for 6 months or a lil bit more and i recently replaced it with a 2ch triple rectifier. I'm sure if ive tried el-34s with it, id really like the sound but the extra options on the recto are superb IMHO. I will always have respect for Engls for their great sounds and quality though. Great amps!

• Members

thanks mucho !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived