The Engl Thread

LIAR-502

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by LordRiffenstein

You're wrong, the Savage SE is no longer available except for one or two stores in Germany. The new SE (not Savage) is a lot more expensive then the Savage120.

I'm wrong??? ok....

I know they're no longer available.. I was aware that Beyers music in Germany have them.

The Savage SE was always going to be significantly more expensive (okay, maybe not double). $500 is alot (especially if thats $US. It would make the amp closer to $4000 than $3000, a fair difference which to me is half way towards a new guitar....

It sounds like I'd prefer the standard Savage anyway, and that has more features than I already need (besides a noise gate which would be handy,which isn't in the Savage se anyway...)

• Members

Has anyone tried the poewrball version 2? Im thinking about saving for one, but i want to hear some feedback on it first. Right now ive got a fireball hooked up to a laney cabinent. I was thinking i could hold out on getting a powerball, but the way you guys talk about it makes me want it even more :D

• Members

Still every time i plug in the Savage 120 im still just plugged in.

My setup is simple:

Jackson Death Angel into Savage 120 - Engl standard slanted with celestion V60's.

I changed tubes to EH6550 tubes and rebiased the amp and changed the phase inverter tube to a JJ12AX7 tube from eurotubes.com and WOW!! the Savage turned in to a monster.... LOW end and bass is just astunning, highly recommended :thu:

I changed the PI tube and tried it first with the old Power tubes and and same huge upgrade

/Diamond

• Members

Yeah I'm trying to talk a deal on the Savage 120 in my local music shop. Its been in the store for over 18 months so i should be able to swing someting special ( 30% or more off retail).

I'm just sick of waiting for the Powerball v2 to come in. They havn't even given me a date yet. I'm also really attracted by the Savage 120's headroom (extra 20 watts) and 2 effects loops. I'd love to just set up my clean effects on main channel 1 and leave channel 2 in its pure form (perhaps some delay for certain passages).

With some subtle tube changes/tweaking etc. I reckon I'd be able to get my perfect tone with the Savage (It was 95% there when I tried it out).

I'm not ging to bother to wait for the new savagfe 120 to come out (with noise gate etc.) it could take ages. I'll just buy a noise gate and run it through the loop on main channell 2 if needed. Derek B from rocksolid amps said that the ISP decimator was damn good...might try and track one down in Australia.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

Yeah there is supposed to be one coming out with a noise gate etc. but no resease date yet. The current one kicks ass anyway and its just as easy to buy a kick ass noise gate pedal like the isp decimator. + The effects loop seemed really good on the Savage, didnt suck the tone out as my Dual Rectifier did.

Hows the caparison going?

• Members

originally posted by Clypher

I've always wanted to know if the savage does death metal differently than either of the balls? I wish I could get an 860 rackhead, Muhammed from Necrophagist swears it's the best amp ever it seems.

I have a live video of Necrophagist where the other guitarist is playing a Blackmore. I'd take a Savage or Blackmore over a Powerball/Fireball for death metal anyday. The Blackmore is so god damn clear, perfect for fast picking intricate stuff. And it obviously has more than enough gain for any type of metal.

• Members

hey bradman -

i just got an isp decimator from www.music123.com
GREAT pedal - i'm using it with my blackmore now, the only other pedal i've owned was the ns-2 and the isp SLAYS it :thu:
don't pay the bull{censored} retail aussie price for one [if they're even in oz - i haven't seen em]

PS i'm going to adelaide tomoz to see the family etc.. u guys got anything good there besides the beach? ;):D

ah the only way to truely experience adelaide - go there for the summer and get eatten by your very own white pointer!! :D :D
shark_island.jpg

Archived