Originally posted by Peter Diezel

My greatest respect goes to Engl, but also to Hughes and

Kettner. So why is Yoeri offending a company, that delivers

us great amps ?

I decided to fight against the idiots !

Thanks,

Peter

:cool:;):):D

I guess that you and your 'Diezel is god'-gang running someone off this board isn't enough for you as you obviously feel the need to sling some extra mud behinds someone's back.

That's really what this board needs!! :thu::confused::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by BjornAgain

I guess that you and your 'Diezel is god'-gang running someone off this board isn't enough for you as you obviously feel the need to sling some extra mud behinds someone's back.

That's really what this board needs!!
:thu::confused::rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Diezel amps rule!!!!!! hahaha!!

Guys, this is a storm in a Tea Cup. No one's running anyone else off any board.

I actually own an Engl amp but I could totally see why someone would like an H&K amp better! Fair enough in my book. I like my Savage 120, but its not for everyone.

Once again, Diezel amps OWN!! :p

• Members
Originally posted by Sick Michael

Diezel amps rule!!!!!! hahaha!!

Guys, this is a storm in a Tea Cup. No one's running anyone else off any board.

I actually own an Engl amp but I could totally see why someone would like an H&K amp better! Fair enough in my book. I like my Savage 120, but its not for everyone.

Once again, Diezel amps OWN!!
:p

Damn straight.

I have an engl, but it doesn't mean i can't like other amps too (and i've only tried a vh4, i'd love to try a herbert!).

FWIW, i tried the H&K duotone, and i wasn't too fussed on the voicing (nice cleans though)- although that could have been due to (a) i was playing it with a rhoads and couldn't balance the damn thing on my knee :freak: and (b) it had SD JB and Jazz pickups, and i hate the JB with a passion.

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Dave_Mc_2

Damn straight.

I have an engl, but it doesn't mean i can't like other amps too (and i've only tried a vh4, i'd love to try a herbert!).

FWIW, i tried the H&K duotone, and i wasn't too fussed on the voicing (nice cleans though)- although that could have been due to (a) i was playing it with a rhoads and couldn't balance the damn thing on my knee
:freak:
and (b) it had SD JB and Jazz pickups, and i hate the JB with a passion.

I love the JB, its probably my favourite pickup!! lol....just goes to show you, whatever floats your boat! One mans treasure is anothers...well....whatever....

I have no time for tone-fascists!! :)

• Members

Quite a lot IMO, I spoken to Yoeri recently and he showed me some pretty offensive threads.

What about Horst Langer would come to this board and got personally involved with people that "slam" ENGL, or at least are not raving about them, pretty pathetic if you ask me.

FYI I never heard a Diezel clip I really liked except for Flouros clips but he makes everything sound good, I have played many diezels in person by now and wasn;t impressed with any of them tonewise, constructionwise it's a different story, but that is just my honest opinion. I though they sounded downright generic and quite harsh.

• Members
Originally posted by gerrekat

I though they sounded downright generic and quite harsh.

Haha, that's exactly why I'm playing a Diezel now instead of an Engl: the Engl sounded downright generic and quite harsh! :D One mans treasure... ;)

Engls are great amps for an in-your-face metal sound nonetheless! :)

• Members
Originally posted by Sick Michael

I love the JB, its probably my favourite pickup!! lol....just goes to show you, whatever floats your boat! One mans treasure is anothers...well....whatever....

I have no time for tone-fascists!!
:)

exactly!

I still hate the JB though- just doesn't do it for me at all.

EDIT: i agree on the amps thing though- there are very few amps at diezel/engl prices that I HAVEN'T liked. Of course, I've liked some more than others...

• Members

Originally posted by gerrekat

Quite a lot IMO, I spoken to Yoeri recently and he showed me some pretty offensive threads.

What about Horst Langer would come to this board and got personally involved with people that "slam" ENGL, or at least are not raving about them, pretty pathetic if you ask me.

I assume you are referring to what happened some months ago here and I gotta agree. There's no reason for slamming somebody because he does not like a certain brand of amps.

• Members

Originally posted by BjornAgain

I assume you are referring to what happened some months ago here and I gotta agree. There's no reason for slamming somebody because he does not like a certain brand of amps.

The implication here is that someone back then, for whatever reason did not like a Diezel amp or something to do with a Diezel amp.

Peter Diezel then himself in direct response to this person "SLAMMED" that person on the forum.

I find this very hard to believe.

• Members

I'm on the market for a new amp. I tried out Mesa, but they're not able to do what I want; which is tight responsive bass. I waant high gain, palm muting, chugging sounds that's also smooth. I want something under 100 watts. I've been to rocksolid amps and listened to the clips and like the sound of the fireball; I'm just put off that it has a shared eq:mad:

I play melodic death stuff, like Mors Principium Est and Opeth. I also play stuff like Dimmu Borgir and Old Man's Child. If anyone is wanting to sell their Engl, please let me know as I cannot afford anything above $1,200.

• Members

I love my engl savage. It totally kicks ass for what I'm after in an amp.

I tried the H&K Triamp when I was deciding on what to buy and I can honestly say that it is a great amp. But no where near as good as the engl FOR WHAT I PLAY. This does not mean that the H&K is not as good as the engl. Just not for me. I'm sure heaps of people would be enticed by its awesome creamy lead tone.

I also owned a Mesa dual recto. It was good but didn't really perform well for what I was playing without boost/eq pedals (no where near tight enough). Again this doesn't mean that it's a crappy amp. Infact it was a great amp. Just not the best choice for me.

I will never slam any amp for this reason. Doing so is pure ignorance.

The reason there is such a variety of amps is because there is a variety of styles and personal preferences.

Archived