• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by metalpoida

engl.jpg

Powerball-large.jpg

The first pic is the most recent style.

You can see the difference in the input jack. The early one also had a funny logo whereas the new one just has a 6l6 tube.

You must have one of the early FB's

Nope. One is US version and the other is UK version, from what I was told. I got the PowerBall two months after it was released, and I'm guessing it was part of the first batch to hit the US.

Take Care

• Members

Originally posted by metalpoida

The first pic is the most recent style.

You can see the difference in the input jack. The early one also had a funny logo whereas the new one just has a 6l6 tube.

You must have one of the early FB's

But they still both have tiny, pathetic, insignificant little knobs compared to my chickens of destruction!

• Members

hey guys, i'm wondering how similar the Powerball's and the SE's power sections are.

how close would i be to the Special Edition head if i used the 570 preamp into the Powerball's poweramp?

i know there would be a few features i'd be missing out on, but generally speaking, tone for tone, how close do you think could i get?

• Members
Originally posted by TheGreatGreen

how close would i be to the Special Edition head if i used the 570 preamp into the Powerball's poweramp?

I didn't know you could do this as the Powerball doesn't have a slave/poweramp input. Why not just get the SE head? It looks mean. :)

• Members
Originally posted by DerekB

I was talking with Engl earlier today and they have a new one in the works that will be 4 Channel's with each channel having it's own independent EQ(Gain,Bass,Mid,Treb,Presence). Real straight up no frill's from what they said with totally different tones than the other model's. I know they have been thinking of having channel 4 Bogner/Soldano influenced.I'll give more info when I know.
:cool:

Oh Ya!! They are thinking up names for it too so if you guy;s have any idea's let's hear and I'll pass it on!!!!

Derek:cool:

ENGL Crotch shaker.

• Members

I was talking with Engl earlier today and they have a new one in the works that will be 4 Channel's with each channel having it's own independent EQ(Gain,Bass,Mid,Treb,Presence). Real straight up no frill's from what they said with totally different tones than the other model's. I know they have been thinking of having channel 4 Bogner/Soldano influenced.I'll give more info when I know.
:cool:

Oh Ya!! They are thinking up names for it too so if you guy;s have any idea's let's hear and I'll pass it on!!!!

Whoa, and I thought the SE was badass! :eek: I'm guessing it will have a spongier attack, and I would rather have the SE. :D I sure am glad the PB curbing my gas, though, whew!

• Members

Originally posted by Nutter

I didn't know you could do this as the Powerball doesn't have a slave/poweramp input. Why not just get the SE head? It looks mean.
:)

well, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, couldn't you just plug the preamp into the fx return jack and turn the mix all the way up?

• Members
Originally posted by TheGreatGreen

well, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, couldn't you just plug the preamp into the fx return jack and turn the mix all the way up?

Hmmm. Could be worth a try. You try it first and tell me how it goes. :)

Originally posted by motogrinder

I've got it, the engl superball,what do ya think?

LOL Genius! :D
I hope this new head doesn't make me sell my Powerball!

• Members

Take Care

Nope. One is US version and the other is UK version, from what I was told. I got the PowerBall two months after it was released, and I'm guessing it was part of the first batch to hit the US.

well im on 230/240 v like in europe and i have the "US batch" looking one

:confused: :confused: :confused:

• Members

i have a few:

-ENGL Supreme

-ENGL Seth (ancient egyptian God of Darkness)

-ENGL Master

-ENGL Myth

-ENGL Rapture

-ENGL Apocalypse

-ENGL Z

btw Derek, im going to get an ENGL, i was wondering which ENGL is the best for lead guitar, bassy, wide, sustained, creamy etc.

90% of the time i play solos.

cheerz

• Members
Originally posted by BlackmoresGuita

btw Derek, im going to get an ENGL, i was wondering which ENGL is the best for lead guitar, bassy, wide, sustained, creamy etc.

90% of the time i play solos.

cheerz

I think he will suggest the Ritchie Blackmore head. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Nutter

I think he will suggest the Ritchie Blackmore head.
:)

cheerz for that Nutter!

i actually am seriously considering that one, but the savage 120 is also on the list.....maybe just maybe an SE but i think its probably not needed, all the fancy stuff on it and extra gain.

cheerz

• Members

Now its time for my question :D

I recently have encountered a good amount of money after selling a ton of gear, and I am quite perplexed over what my next purchase should be. I'm a high-gain kind of guy, and will be playing progressive, tech, death metal with it. I also have extremely high clean standards though, and use it plenty. (If you can believe it) I have an Uber right now, and a Bogner closed back, slant, 4x12 cab that I run it through. Here are my thoughts:

- I love the Cobra, but I really want to see what Lynch's amp will have to offer being a huge fan.

- After hearing what ENGLs can do, I have become very interested in them. All I know about them though is what I've read from the Rock Solid Amps website.

- Bogner XTC - What can I say that hasn't been said, I just love this amp

- Matchless DC 30 - I've always wanted one, and I believe they could quite possibly have the single greatest clean tone ever.

Anyways...sorry for the gigantic post, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Members

Maybe been answered before but what are the major differences of the Engl amps ? or better the main music genre of each amp ?

I think :
thunder :
- great cleans
- bluesy
- rock / classic rock

screamer:
- like the thunder but also
- modern rock/ metal

rbs :
- like the screamer but
- 100w
- more features