The Engl Thread

LIAR-502

• Members

true but the thing that sucks is that i can hardly find anywhere near me that has ENGLs or FRAMUS. there's this one guitar shop i know that MIGHT have those high end amps so i might go look there when i go home for the summer

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

true but the thing that sucks is that i can hardly find anywhere near me that has ENGLs or FRAMUS. there's this one guitar shop i know that MIGHT have those high end amps so i might go look there when i go home for the summer

ypu would be happy one way or the other.if I didn't have an Engl I would have a cobra

• Members

true but what about a powerball or something? and i heard at higher volumes they sound kinda worse. i saw amp clips on the blackmore and i was like WOW AWESOME!

here it is:

i dono what other equip (pedals and so forth) hes using but i like this tone too

My blackmore sounds even more punchy than that, more clear bass jcm800 style.

I have EH's in the pre and JJ 6l6's in the power section. IMHO EH's JJ's are a BIG improvement over stock Sovtek 12ax7's and 5881's

• Members

that clip sounds awesome.

+1 :thu:

Now you know why I want a Blackmore again :D

A lot of the awesomeness comes from the cab too...I had a Mesa Trad 4x12 v30s and now I've lot the ENGL Vintage Pro (I think that's what it is)...sounds a lot smoother in the room..of course I've got a lot better at dialing in amps too I think.

• Members

My blackmore sounds even more punchy than that, more clear bass jcm800 style.

I have EH's in the pre and JJ 6l6's in the power section. IMHO EH's JJ's are a BIG improvement over stock Sovtek 12ax7's and 5881's

awesome. so can i get a sick tone like august burns red/killswitch engage/parkway drive from the blackmore??? i want the amp to do sick pinch harmonics because i do that a lot.

and diablo, do you have any sound clips of your amp?

• Members

i also heard Caliban uses ENGL. i like their tone too and i was wonderin what they use.

Caliban uses Powerballs, and you cannot get tighter and faster pick attack than a Powerball. I found it to be killer sounding at higher volumes. used one for years but finally sold it for an SE.

• Members

Caliban uses Powerballs, and you cannot get tighter and faster pick attack than a Powerball. I found it to be killer sounding at higher volumes. used one for years but finally sold it for an SE.

You can, from Savage.

• Members

Just tried out a Savage against my JVM. First time I heard an Engl live. High gain sounded 'dead' compared to JVM. Solid state tone to my ears. The cleans and crunch were great, though.I can't believe how good the cleans were. All you guys posting metal clips and not one clean channel clip. WTF? That said, I really want to try Invader as I think it will be more what I want. Totally surprised by my first Engl encounter.:eek:

• Members
Engl Amps RULE!!!!!!!!!

xxl_pic1.jpg

room_pic2.jpg

Derek

Based on your experience, which cabinet is best suited for the Powerball? I am currently using a Hughes&Kettner CC412A30. Instead of going into the bands or types of music I play, lets just put it this way: "I want the sound coming from my Powerball to crush my skull."

I see a VHT cab under the Powerball..................

Thanks,

Roy

• Members

how does the ENGL Screamer combo compare to the Screamer head through a Marshall 1936 2x12 cabinet ?

Also, what is the clean channel like ? I have a Marshall JCM900 100w dual reverb head and am thinking of chaning it for the ENGL head, but dont know if it will give me more of the same...

• Members
My Savage 120 is still kicking ass. It {censored}ing rules. Best amp I've ever played. Great for metal.

I got my ISP noise reduction pedal today. Unbelievable. No more noise/feedback. It's awesome.

Go the Savage!

Hey 120 brother!

Savage 120 is an awesome amp do you run the noice gate in the loop? thinking of buying the ISP from Derek if has some left :wave: ?.

Which tubes do you have?. JJs from Bob at eurotubes.com is an great upgrade, highly recomended.

/E

• Members
Hey 120 brother!

Savage 120 is an awesome amp do you run the noice gate in the loop? thinking of buying the ISP from Derek if has some left
:wave:
?.

Which tubes do you have?. JJs from Bob at eurotubes.com is an great upgrade, highly recomended.

/E

if you put GT 12ax7M (or 7025..I think they are the same tube) on V1 and V2 you can get a mark IV sound..the leads are so perfect with these tubes..especially on the smooth mode..when we are going to record with the savage all the leads will be recorded using those tubes..they are also a lot warmer. I bought some TAD 12ax7-C this week..they are so fkin HIGH GAIN but the amp sounds colder..maybe it's in my ears cause I was using the GT for so long..I love the fact that by changing tubes you get so many different flavors..heh.. I have a JJ ecc83s on the v4 for the cleans.. I will change them around next week and make a report on it!

• Members
if you put GT 12ax7M (or 7025..I think they are the same tube) on V1 and V2 you can get a mark IV sound..the leads are so perfect with these tubes..especially on the smooth mode..when we are going to record with the savage all the leads will be recorded using those tubes..they are also a lot warmer. I bought some TAD 12ax7-C this week..they are so fkin HIGH GAIN but the amp sounds colder..maybe it's in my ears cause I was using the GT for so long..I love the fact that by changing tubes you get so many different flavors..heh.. I have a JJ ecc83s on the v4 for the cleans.. I will change them around next week and make a report on it!

Cool,

I have two GT 12ax7M laying around at home :cool:

A question, It was a long time now since swapped tubes now and i forgot....which preamp tube is the Phase inverter tube? V1 2 etc. Thanks for your help !

What kinds of pickups do you use?. I had an amazing experience changing my EMG-81 to a Bareknuckle - Miracle Man pickup
E

Archived