LIAR-502

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by saxamafone

just for the record i highly recommend JJ6L6's for a blackmore
:thu::evil:

hmmm I gotta try that one. I just really don't wanna have to drop it off at the amp tech's to have the bias checked out and all that...I mean it's brand spankin new lol

• Members
Originally posted by Dimebag11

hmmm I gotta try that one. I just really don't wanna have to drop it off at the amp tech's to have the bias checked out and all that...I mean it's brand spankin new lol

it darkens the amp a little more than the 5881's.
sounds a bit meanier too from what i remember :thu:

• Members

any of you guys willing to drive to Merced Ca (95340 if you want to mapquest it) should drop me a PM, I wouldn't mind driving either, I just really want to hear an Engl (especially an SE) but it can't be much farther than 2 hours or so

I have an Uber and some other toys... drop me a PM

• Members
Originally posted by IcedEarthian

Engl brothers, It's time that I re-tubed my pbv1. What do you guys recommend?

I play death metal and want to keep the brutalness.
:)

Try some Svetlana winged C 6L6's!

and EH's in the pre amp, unbeatable combo IMO!

• Members

Originally posted by Coverdale

Out of curiosity, who uses their ENGL for Classic Rock/Hard Rock instead of really heavy stuff?

I'd say the Blackmore or the SE, teh SE gets REALLY heavy but it has a lot of voicing option to tame the gain. There's a classic and modern mode. IN the classic mode you have killer hardrock tone!

• Members

hummm . . . willing to try some other amps for awhile, being a Mesa user/follower for too long (not that is bad, but . . . you guys got the picture :thu: ).

I play classic 70/80's Metal/Hard Rock, like Purple, Lynyrd, Cult, AC/DC, Cream, Frampton and such . . . what do you guys can reccomend?? maybe a Screamer (note that it will not be my main amp - well maybe will??), i want something simple and light (a short head will be perfect!!).

any ideas?? :)

• Members

Well, I did mean people around here, not famous ones :D

I did talk to Doug Aldrich when he was here with Whitesnake and he said there was a chance they would make him a signature ENGL amp...

I love to use the Clean channel on my Blackmore, with the master on 10...really cool tone... my bandmates don't agree, but at that volume, I can't really hear them complaining! :D

Archived