Terry Allan Hall Banned

Stackabones

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All that said, what were you referring to with "Mr. Let's drink crappy beer and watch cars drive in circles" ? I'm curious.

His avatar is NASCAR driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr (driving circles). He is sponsored by Bud (drinking beer).

• Members

On this forum we do not indulge in this kind of political attack. In fact, we do not bring politics into the forum in any form. Please keep that in mind for future comments.

I don't think THIS place needs THAT forum. If you behave that way, like most of the folks over there, regardless of provocation, you're going to get a little bit of it on you. It come off harder than it went on. Kind of like what sticks in a vibram sole.

Everywhere you go you just stink the place up.

I try not to say anything on line that I couldn't say in person in a public place. And survive. The isolation and anonymity of the internet promote ignorance and stupidity IMHO. Oh well.

• Members

His avatar is NASCAR driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr (driving circles). He is sponsored by Bud (drinking beer).

Oh. Duh. I could have thought about that for a week and not seen it. Now that you point it out I can't believe I missed it. Thanks.

• Members

Mr Hall always posted on topic.

Unlike many posters in forums.

Terry had the habit of inserting his political opinion into his posts. I objected to this at the time and still oppose it. That said, I enjoyed Terry's posts and believe he was an important member of the group and I look forward to his return.

• Members

I'm sure it's just a day or so.

I think people should be selectively banned only in certain forums. There's absolutely no reason to keep tah out of this AG forum.

The mods do have that option, I don

• Members

Duck Commander and his cronies have been known to follow Terry from the political forum to this forum to continue their personal attacks. He seems to be obsessed with Terry. The mods need to band Duck Commander and leave Terry alone.

Oh. Duh. I could have thought about that for a week and not seen it. Now that you point it out I can't believe I missed it. Thanks.

I happen to be a casual NASCAR fan. All political sterotypes are ignorant. Most Americans tend to fall somewhere in the middle of the conservatives and liberals. I am terrified of anyone that can identify 100% with either group. Those are the folks I consider to be "extremists".

Moderation and free thinking is my thing.

• Members

This is like hearing the Pope got booted from the Vatican... :confused:

Unless I'm missing something, TAH doesn't even seem to have posted in the thread that appears to have precipitated his banning. Whatever engagement(s) I may have missed in the political forum, in this forum I have never once seen TAH remotely out of line. What I have seen, on numerous occasions, is TAH posting an on-topic thread here only to be pursued into this forum by Duck Commander and others - presumably enemies from the political forum - on a merciless campaign of unwarranted insults and baiting. To pursue another forum member into another totally unrelated forum for no purpose other than slinging {censored}, and then to post a thread complaining about your ill treatment at the hands of someone you've been witnessed abusing on countless occasions, to me stinks of a flagrant attempt to manipulate the mods into banning someone you simply do not like because he doesn't share your views. That is just awe-inspiring childishness. And unfortunately it seems to have been effective, at least temporarily.

I'm a little ashamed to say I've spent a little time in the political forum myself. I don't think any reasonable human being could read what's going on in that forum for more than five seconds and then claim that s/he continues to visit for any purpose other than getting into a fight. That is so obviously the only outcome of any debate on virtually any subject anyone brings up in that corner of HC. Anyone who tries to tell me they hang out in the political forum to engage in civil discourse and exchange ideas with people of diverse perspectives about the state of world affairs is either lying or insane. To engage in the crap that goes on there and then bitch that someone on the other side is being a big meanie and should be kicked out of the sandbox for hurting your feelings just strikes me as a great steaming load of bull{censored}.

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

• Members

I didn't agree with terry's politics, but this about guitars, I didn't even know there was a political forum. Terry seems like a very nice man, hopefully , we will see him back soon

Jim

PS - about Politics =-Dixie Chicks on ACL tonight

:blah: :blah: :wave:

• Members

Much to do about nothing, hopefully Terry will be back soon. Two HC forums warn, "objectional language may be used". So, where is the line drawn? :confused:HC appears to want it both ways. Even so, I wouldn't go running to the hallmonitor crying, he called me names! If you can't take the heat .............

Trina

• Members

I don't know. Knowing Terry he might just rather take his leave rather than have to bite his tongue. BTW, remind me again why we have troops in Iran. Oh yeah, never mind, it was something about freedom...it'll come to me.

• Members

Hopefully it's just a "Time Out" and not a permanent ban.

I always enjoyed his posts here.

+1

Terry and I are rarely on the same side politically but I've never had any problems. Terry is a valuable part of this community and I look forward to him coming back. He has experience that has helped many. Everyone could go to the mods on the PP forum IMO. Maybe PP should be banned.

• Members

Much to do about nothing, hopefully Terry will be back soon. Two HC forums warn, "objectional language may be used". So, where is the line the drawn?
:confused:
HC appears to want it both ways.
Even so, I wouldn't go running to the hallmonitor crying, he called me names! If you can't take the heat .............

Trina

I suspect that whoever reported TAH can take the heat pretty well....but maybe just wanted to see some fairness in the banning process. Many that oppose TAH's point of view have been banned in the political forum for much much less.

• Members

I suspect that whoever reported TAH can take the heat pretty well....but maybe just wanted to see some fairness in the banning process. Many that oppose TAH's point of view have been banned in the political forum for much much less.

I assume you were one of the previously banned members you speak of judging by your low post count, date of entry and strong interest in Terry's fate.

I will never understand why people allow their feelings to get hurt on internet forums. Internet forum "grudges / feuds" are too silly to think about. Most adults can accept the fact that people have different opinions on religion, politics, guitars, fruit and any other topic you can think of. Why waste time trying to force your beliefs on others?

Elixir Naonwebs DO NOT suck. ;)

• Members

I assume you were one of the previously banned members you speak of judging by your low post count, date of entry and strong interest in Terry's fate.

I will never understand why people allow their feelings to get hurt on internet forums. Internet forum "grudges / feuds" are too silly to think about. Most adults can accept the fact that people have different opinions on religion, politics, guitars, fruit and any other topic you can think of. Why waste time trying to force your beliefs on others?

Elixir Naonwebs DO NOT suck.
;)

don't assume to much. I'm new not because I was banned recently....other reasons. But a long time ago....long long time ago...yes there were some that simply did not want my point of view available for others to read and so they went crying to the mods. But the guy that moderates the political forum today is more fair than in the past.

• Members

don't assume to much. I'm new not because I was banned recently....other reasons. But a long time ago....long long time ago...yes there were some that simply did not want my point of view available for others to read and so they went crying to the mods. But the guy that moderates the political forum today is more fair than in the past.

Close enough. It is obvious you are not new and you have a vested interest in Terry's situation.

I avoid the political forum. This thread proves how stupid it gets over there. It is bleeding into the acoustic forum. I hope HC wises up and gets rid of it.

• Members

Years ago I opted out of any political or religious banter because it never, ever bore fruit fit for common consumption. The fact that it is offered as a discussion forum on a topically unrelated site is in and of itself insulting and offensive to me. Then, further the silliness with the laughable notion of moderating it and we enter the realm if stupidity. However, many, many people get all worked up about their convictions and hit the street wearing their colors and ugly faces. Give them an identity, complete with a voice on a forum, and a certain dilusion of empowerment sucks them into the stupidity. The fact that TAH persisted as one of them really surprises me considering the fact that he has conducted himself appropriately here. Acoustic guitarists are more fragile? Let's hope he can return. I'd miss his edge on experience and witful perspective.

Archived