Terry Allan Hall Banned

Stackabones

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He seemed to be a decent guy here. Probably just got provoked by some prick on the internet who may or may not be a molester.

Why should Terry be punished for some other guy's questionable morality ?

PS - This is what happens when you have a "Political Party" forum ... people get pissed at each other and chaos ensues ....

• Members

I've occasionally posted in the Political forum, but haven't even lurked there in quite some time --- frankly, it got boring. Those guys argue over the same topics day after day after day...........:bor:

• Members

Wow; that's ridiculous! I mean, I don't read a lot in there, but that guy is a huge jerk, from what I can tell. TAH, on the other hand, is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the boards.

• Members

Oh. I didn't realize pissing-off ignorant, knee-jerk right-wingers was a ban-able offense. My bad.

On this forum we do not indulge in this kind of political attack. In fact, we do not bring politics into the forum in any form. Please keep that in mind for future comments.

• Members

Wow; that's ridiculous! I mean, I don't read a lot in there, but that guy is a huge jerk, from what I can tell. TAH, on the other hand, is probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the boards.

Outside the political forum, he seems like a decent guy. He's pretty rude and insulting over there though.

• Members

On this forum we do not indulge in this kind of political attack. In fact, we do not bring politics into the forum in any form. Please keep that in mind for future comments.

Sorry Baba, You are correct. However I notice you have yet to call "Mr. Let's drink crappy beer and watch cars drive in circles" to task for his signature file, which inherently political and an attack on those who don't partake in the politics of fear and oppression. So while I will try to be more conscientious in my future posts I ask that you police in equal time.

• Members

Outside the political forum, he seems like a decent guy. He's pretty rude and insulting over there though.

Yeah, there's definitely something about politics that seems to bring out the worst in people.

I'm definitely glad that *this* board is generally full of respectful, intelligent people, though - it's a refreshing change from most of the stuff on the internet :p

Kudos, all!

• Members

Sorry Baba, You are correct. However I notice you have yet to call "Mr. Let's drink crappy beer and watch cars drive in circles" to task for his signature file, which inherently political and an attack on those who don't partake in the politics of fear and oppression. So while I will try to be more conscientious in my future posts I ask that you police in equal time.

I hate beer, but I do love a nice Merlot or Shiraz.:o

• Members

I've lurked in the political forum and always felt like I needed to wash my feet afterwards for some reason. :rolleyes:

(Translation: it always gets ugly when you argue about either politics or religion. Why get upset by it?)

That being said, I've heard that TAH likes to sling it around too and some folks have an issue with it. Maybe so, maybe not. I don't care: I have no beef with TAH and feel confident that he will be un-banned in a week, tops.

In the meantime, I wish him well on his vacation from HC. :)

• Members

I have not called people on their obnoxious political signatures (TAH's was a prime example of this) for a couple of reasons:

1) I figured it was better to try to concentrate on the content of the posts themselves.

2) Folks who post here often post on other forums which would not ban such signatures, so I thought it would be presumptuous to try to tell folks from other forums what their signatures could contain.

3) I didn't want to bang my head against the wall.

4) You can learn to just screen signatures out. I have heard that you can actually turn them off, but I don't know how.

All that said, what were you referring to with "Mr. Let's drink crappy beer and watch cars drive in circles" ? I'm curious.

Archived